David Healy

Ibroxblue

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How much truth is there actually in it? And how much is actually just lazy journalism? There is no point in breaking up a decent partnership in Boyd and Miller, and we have Naismith on the way back. Even if Novo and Velicka were on there way out either permanently or on loan we might as well keep Gow who would be getting paid less and giving him a chance rather than sign Healy, or god forbid give Lafferty a chance at being a striker.

Lafferty, Naismith, Boyd and Miller - more than enough to win the SPL, Co-op and Scottish Cup!

If we are targetting a striker, then we should be looking for a Couisn type player.

David Healy seems to be the new Alan Smith, he's linked with every window!

I can think of worse players to be linked with, but if he's coming up to Ibrox to get regular football, surely he knows it's going to be tough to replace Boyd or Miller in the starting 11?

If Healy does sign for us on loan for 6 months, I don't think it would be the end of the world. If he plays out of his mind and scores goals for fun, then we can make a move for him. On the other hand, if he's crap, then you just cut your losses with him and he's gone at the end of the year.

can't argue with his international goal ratio but just couldn't keep it up week in week out at club level.

Thats why i think a loan deal is perfect.

If we can find a way to get his international for to club level, great.

If not, no real loss.

All this is, is a Shirt selling signing just like when the TIMS signed Roy Keane.

No Doubt a section of our fan base will buy into this and the pressure is lifted for a while <cr>

well from a business stand point why should the club not exploit it?

then again we are the fans they will be exploiting........soooo .........erm....lol

People complain when we dont think in a business sense, the fact we have a market in the middle east and the fact that we dont exploit markets regarding players we sign, we get an oppotunity and we moan that seems to be the new found Rangers way......not a way im liking at the moment it can grate!

All this is, is a Shirt selling signing just like when the TIMS signed Roy Keane.

No Doubt a section of our fan base will buy into this and the pressure is lifted for a while <cr>

then again we are the fans they will be exploiting........soooo .........erm....lol

People complain when we dont think in a business sense, the fact we have a market in the middle east and the fact that we dont exploit markets regarding players we sign, we get an oppotunity and we moan that seems to be the new found Rangers way......not a way im liking at the moment it can grate!

See if Healy improved the 1st team then yes it would be a great business move.

But he doesn't improve the 1st team (td)

but then again his worth is more than dross we want out and a few we want to keep...I say if its a loan deal lets do it it cant hurt, it will probably help us financially

We don't need him!!!! If we want to sign a player to exploit a possible market then we should be looking to places like Asia, or actually getting an American player who is a proven goal scorer at different levels, what market can Healy exploit that can't be exploited by the signing of Davis and Lafferty who are both from the same country?

but then again his worth is more than dross we want out and a few we want to keep...I say if its a loan deal lets do it it cant hurt, it will probably help us financially

If we take him on loan, We still have to atleast pay a % of his premiership wages for 6months plus a loan fee to Sunderland.

Loan deals doesn't mean we get him free for 6months!

The dross we don't want don't get a game, except for Novo who plays right midfield...so do we play Healy Right midfield?

Or do we drop our top goalscorer Kris Boyd for 6months so Healy can get a game, he's not going to sit on the bench <cr>

We don't need him!!!! If we want to sign a player to exploit a possible market then we should be looking to places like Asia, or actually getting an American player who is a proven goal scorer at different levels, what market can Healy exploit that can't be exploited by the signing of Davis and Lafferty who are both from the same country?

Exactly (tu)

I don't think he will be a booming business signing as you make a good point about Davis/Lafferty. Aren't most N.I. supporters Rangers fans in some capacity?

I would like to see him in a rangers jersey , but i agree to sign him now is more of a PR exercise that anything else. but with JCD going, velicka maybe away to hearts then all u need is a injury to boyd and we are fucked. We still need to keep a decent size squad

I don't think he will be a booming business signing as you make a good point about Davis/Lafferty. Aren't most N.I. supporters Rangers fans in some capacity?

This is just a myth like ROI fans all support Celtic.

Most of them support English clubs.