• Kirk Broadfoot
    • Allan McGregor
    • None, Captain figure has to be aquired or other

With Barry on his last legs

though i think he thinks he'll stay on till hes 40

who do you think can replace him

?

please state why you have went the way you did

i went davis because although i love thomson, i think davis has the club in his heart more.

Remember its your call

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted Thomson. IMO he is already our most influential player in tougher games, such as old firm games. He always lets the opposition know they're in for a game, and he also lets the players around him get on with their game, by doing his job. I wouldn't be looking for the type of captain Barry tries to be, in the way that when things aren't going our way, we just give the ball to him. Thommo can dominate games without you even noticing him.

I agree, Garry.

I like both Thomson and Davis, but Thomson is my choice. I do think Davis would make a very good vice-captain. I do agree with RevolutionJon on Davis having the club in his heart, which is something I have wondered about Thomson. He's just such a smart player and that's the kind of captain you want.

I wouldn't be looking for the type of captain Barry tries to be

He couldn't even spell captain, let alone be one!

For a moment I thought I had mispelled captain <cr> I know what you mean though. He was a decent enough captain under Advocaat, where he was surrounded by quality players, but he's forgotten how to lead a team.

I voted Thomson, however I am basing that on the fact that he will get back to his best after this injury.

Not sure about Davies as vice captain, but there are precious few other candidates, that to me suggest there are not enough leaders in the team.