***The Official St. Johnstone v Rangers Thread***

Muff

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its a shame boyd doesnt win the ball in the air more often, weve scored a fair few coming from him winning the ball in the air

Going to agree with myself here :P Both goals coming from boyd knock down play

Comentators fucking shocking anti rangers all the way "Can st johnstone pull it back with 10 to go" "it would be a miracle for the saints to pull it back"

picture the scene........80 mins on the clock and Rangers are 1-0 DOWN.......

"Can Rangers pull one back to set up a furious finish" says the commentator

30 secs later

"Rangers are throwing everyone forward now"

relax man!

in fact your second example is just woeful - how on earth is that anti-rangers?

Its a shame boyd doesnt win the ball in the air more often, weve scored a fair few coming from him winning the ball in the air

Boyd, Papac and Miller were hideously poor tonight.

Boyd, Papac and Miller were hideously poor tonight.

The whole team was, point being?

Comentators fucking shocking anti rangers all the way "Can st johnstone pull it back with 10 to go" "it would be a miracle for the saints to pull it back"

picture the scene........80 mins on the clock and Rangers are 1-0 DOWN.......

"Can Rangers pull one back to set up a furious finish" says the commentator

30 secs later

"Rangers are throwing everyone forward now"

relax man!

in fact your second example is just woeful - how on earth is that anti-rangers?

this was when they were 2-0 down and im paranoid <_<

Positives form tonight:

A clean sheet

Progress in the cup

Professional-ish display

Fleck getting a run-out

Bougherra and Naisy back form injury

Negatives:

Ferguson a passenger again

Looked very ropey in the 1st half

Fleck being the only one of a number of youngsters getting a chance

Overall i'm happy enough with the showing tonight - mission accomplished but with ferguson dictating what happens on the park (and not in the way a midfielder should) and Smith's defiance against youth forgive me for not being buzzing about things!

Good result but a poor performance. We were too lethargic and lacked ideas for most of the game.

I don't understand the negativity about Ferguson's performance. It was his ball that put Davis away for the second goal, he got stuck in and generally kept possession and played well. Papac was the worst player on the pitch by far though.

At least none of our players were physically assaulted by St Johnstone this time round (tu)

Naismith was given a right hard tackle. That could've been a leg breaker.

You always fear the worst for players who just come back from a long term injury. The commentator said that he probably enjoyed the tackle though, something about getting roughed up again or something. I didn't understand it.

Good result but a poor performance. We were too lethargic and lacked ideas for most of the game.

I don't understand the negativity about Ferguson's performance. It was his ball that put Davis away for the second goal, he got stuck in and generally kept possession and played well. Papac was the worst player on the pitch by far though.

I agree. Apart from 2 misplaced passes he had a decent game. He contented himself with breaking up play and giving the ball to those around him, especially Mendes, and letting them bring the ball forward or make the pass. The through-balls he did play were generally good. But the anti-Ferguson crew will have none of it, as usual. :rolleyes:

i dont want to think of what we'll be like without Mendes or Bougherra, becasue we were quite frankly, shocking last night, we were extremely lucky to go ahead before HT and chasing the ball for the guts of the first half is unacceptable against first division opposition, and apart from winning the game, the only positive for me was seeing Naisy back and looking fairly sharp, other than that it fuckin shite.

I agree. Apart from 2 misplaced passes he had a decent game. He contented himself with breaking up play and giving the ball to those around him, especially Mendes, and letting them bring the ball forward or make the pass. The through-balls he did play were generally good. But the anti-Ferguson crew will have none of it, as usual. :rolleyes:

Then there were all the times he took free kicks from other players, then promptly lost possession of the ball, passed to players in trouble causing the loss of possession again, him generally trying to control the game but slowing down attacking play....

But then I'm of the 'anti-Ferguson crew' and obvious have an agenda against him.