The only way to get money

becoming a plc  

139 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy the shares

• yes
    • no
    • yes but only if murray was leaving as well

well everyone, we know were skint, not "call in the administrators" skint but "transfer market buying" skint

imo no big company or rich guy wants to throw away their hard earned cash at a scottish football club (fuck even that diddy desmond over at tattie towers has been out of sight for a VERY long time, so its no just us)

so i believe that unless murray spalshes his own personal fortune (haahahahahahahahahahahahahaha) then the only way to "clear the slate" as people put it is to have a PUBLIC share issue

becoming a plc is a massive step though as it restricts the club financially as well due to all the shareholders having to be paid a dividend every year

if the share issue WAS to go ahead, enough would have to be made to clear the debt completely (well down to 5million or less)

added to the dead wood coming off the wage bill, our club may actually turn a profit and as much as i hate saying it, have financial results like the bigot brigade from the east end

but the question is

WOULD YOU BUY THE SHARES

The share issuse scheme 4 years ago was to do exactly that, and where are we now? It wasnt a success then and it has an even less chance now.

We need a permanent solution to our money problems and this aint it.

The share issuse scheme 4 years ago was to do exactly that, and where are we now? It wasnt a success then and it has an even less chance now.

aye but 4 years ago that cunt murray bought 50million of the 51 million on offer

im taking about the cunt giving up a fair whack of his holdings in rangers and giving them to the public ala wee fergus style

aye but 4 years ago that cunt murray bought 50million of the 51 million on offer

Murray bought £50 million worth BECAUSE no cunt else did, so i think the answer to your question is in that somewhere.

Murray bought £50 million worth BECAUSE no cunt else did, so i think the answer to your question is in that somewhere.

did murray not say before the share issue that he was going to underwrite 50million

if so then he didnt really giv anyone a chance to buy dd he

There were £57.3m of shares up for sale. Only £51.4m were bought. There was plenty of opportunity for others to buy the remaining £5.9m of shares.

It was made clear that the rights issue was to clear the debt which then stood at between £70-80M. Many people thought that SDM had caused it so it should be up to him to do something about it, not the fans.

Devil's advocate here, in the current climate only the hardcore who can afford it would buy, i think it would difficuilt for many to justify spending a considerable amount of cash at the moment. SDM is a control freak otherwise he would have diluted the shares to make them more worthwhile ie a major investor who would like a bit of a say in how things work ie Tom Hunter.In NOT BUYING shares then SDM can run the club on a shoe string meaning that we can wave goodbye to major investment in the club.

If we WERE TO BUY a significant amount of shares we would still be no further forward unless they were bought under an umbrella type agreement, you own the shares and a supporters group speaks for you. The problem being that the amount of shares needed to have any say would never be released by SDM as it would question his power..

A bit of a mixed post but unless SDM is prepared to let go of some power he will run it the way he wants irrespective of the fans shareholding.

This would be the worst possible time to issue a "fans share scheme" in the current financial climate. Personally, if I had the choice to invest my hard earned money on shares in the club or £1400 on a holiday - I'd take the holiday 10/10 times. Money is tight for everyone and not too many people would be willing to give up their $$$

We pay enough money into this club and shouldn't be used as an easy option to fill in the loose ends caused by years of financial mis-management and poor decisions in contract negotiations. Would you be happy that a percentage of your shares is paying the wages of Lee McCulloch and Dailly? It's bad enough that a percentage of your ticket goes to them.

Might as well sell MP since our clueless managers don't want to use the youth players (smith, plg, eck, advocaat)

Actually thats what I have been thinking also. Since MP was opened theres been even less youth making it through to the first team than there was previously.