Boyd or Cousin

kasabian101

It was obvious that Cousin didn't want to play for us. But when he left I was gutted! However it seemed that most fans weren't bothered.

Now that Boyd's future hangs in the balance many fans that I meet say they will give up their season ticket if he leaves.

So the question is what player would you rather have in your team. Based on footballing merit.

Discuss.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for all round ability it would be cousin everytime but only if he was interested

when the team is lacking that vital spark you can be sure boyd wont do heehaw to ignite it, instead he'll wait and hopefully be on the end of the one cross that is missed by the defenders

whereas cousin is willing to run and harrass opponents and basically batter them about the place

put it this way, who did hull buy whe looking to cement their place in the top flight of english football

Cousins surging run and strike against Celtic and his goals in the CL will stay long in the memory.

Have to say they are more impressive, he did have more to his game ...if only he hadn't been so huffy

on the other hand how many times has Boydie saved our bacon by getting the ball in the net...its very hard to choose between them

For me its Boyd, How long would it be for cousin to go back to the old not interested character again good player and good ability but wasted on his apparent mood swings! Cousin was always looking for the bigger slice of cake!

It was obvious that Cousin didn't want to play for us. But when he left I was gutted! However it seemed that most fans weren't bothered.

Now that Boyd's future hangs in the balance many fans that I meet say they will give up their season ticket if he leaves.

So the question is what player would you rather have in your team. Based on footballing merit.

Discuss.

thefirst line answers your question

Well, for me, Boyd wants to be here, Cousin didnt. Same applies for me to ANY player.

Boyd scores more goals, therefore is a more productive striker. Cousin has vast amounts of talent, but chooses not to use it, for his own reasons, so, thats why I would pick Boyd, with a caveat that we should acquire some wingers! :P

edit - forgot to add, yay, a football thread!

Boyd. Has everybody forgot about his sending off in the semi final of the Uefa Cup. The man played for himself not the jersey. Yes he probably had more ability than Boyd but how often did he show it and he was not very prolific.

Cousin easily. He won't be forgiven for his 'performance' at Pittodrie, or his sending off against Fiorentina, but he was in a different league to Boyd on his day.

It's worth noting that until recently Boyd looked just as disinterested as Cousin did, and you still couldn't call his performances industrious.

Cousin easily. He won't be forgiven for his 'performance' at Pittodrie, or his sending off against Fiorentina, but he was in a different league to Boyd on his day.

It's worth noting that until recently Boyd looked just as disinterested as Cousin did, and you still couldn't call his performances industrious.

Good point. You think before you talk!

Cousin never hid his desire to move on and Boyd didn't bother his arse trying to improve for the first almost four years of his Rangers career, so neither player scores points over the other for a better attitude.

And so, on quality of player, there can be no doubt that it's Cousin.

As much as Cousin could be a lazy bastard, he was the far better player. I also believe that his poor performances had something to do with the lack of creativity in our team last season.

Cousin liked to drop off and link up with the midfield, however we often just played the high ball to him or had guys like Christian Daily in the midfield which made it impossible for him to go about his game.

When we had Burke, Naismith and Cousin playing together they looked good and Cousin didn't loose interest as he had players around him that had a footballing brain. Its often a problem at Rangers where we don't get the best out of players like Cousin because of the shit playing in the team with him.

We miss a player like him in the team and I would love to see what him and Miller could have done as a partnership as they worked very well against Celtic.

Not a hard decision at all

Cousin all the way , does more work than boyd, can beat players, win the ball in the air and score goals. When we have 2 mobile strikers running defences then we are a much better team . i.e 4-2 at Parkhead .