A few points in response to The Chairman's response to 'We Deserve Better'

DavidRST

in other Words you wont follow what your told to do by others i.e the good posters

YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO THINK FOR YOUR SELF AND HAVE YOUR OWN OPINION

thought you might have noticed this in your short time on the board.

your only allowed to moan and groan and not provide solutions to the problems.

To be honest it doesn’t bother me in the slightest.

To claim I am never positive is utterly ridiculous, especially concerning the RST, which I was a member of for three years, never said a positive word but gave them my money

A strange criticism

thats all they care about tbh.

they dont want to hear your views positive or not

but since when have the rst said anything poitive anyway :rolleyes:

So what have you contributed?

I see fans fighting for our survival while you are just moaning sitting at your computer living of a past that is so far away from where we are now.

We have a chairman who despises the supporters, tells us we should be more like the celtic support, attacks sections of fans for singing songs and says nowt about other clubs fans and what they sing.

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have a chairman who despises the supporters, tells us we should be more like the celtic support, attacks sections of fans for singing songs and says nowt about other clubs fans and what they sing.

Don't be daft....

He also has commented on other fans songs plenty of times, as recently as his 20th anniversary of owning the club.....

Don't be daft....

He also has commented on other fans songs plenty of times, as recently as his 20th anniversary of owning the club.....

Have they been banned from the Stadium for singing IRA songs and their likes? Dont think so

Rangers fans are getting treated like crappy Like the offended banner being taken down, The Dublin Loyal Banner being confiscated are just two examples of his contempt for us and his hear no evil attitude when it comes to other fans. Reid made him look an idiot after his wordy gonna no dae that response and publicly belittled Murray.

in other Words you wont follow what your told to do by others i.e the good posters

YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO THINK FOR YOUR SELF AND HAVE YOUR OWN OPINION

thought you might have noticed this in your short time on the board.

your only allowed to moan and groan and not provide solutions to the problems.

To be honest it doesn’t bother me in the slightest.

To claim I am never positive is utterly ridiculous, especially concerning the RST, which I was a member of for three years, never said a positive word but gave them my money

A strange criticism

thats all they care about tbh.

they dont want to hear your views positive or not

but since when have the rst said anything poitive anyway :rolleyes:

So what have you contributed?

I see fans fighting for our survival while you are just moaning sitting at your computer living of a past that is so far away from where we are now.

and i take it your outside murrays door on a laptop are you ffs

think before you type such tripe.

and remind me what it is your doing .....................................................

moaning about the past and future

get over get over yourself.

Don't be daft....

Have they been banned from the Stadium for singing IRA songs and their likes? Dont think so

Rangers fans are getting treated like crappy Like the offended banner being taken down, The Dublin Loyal Banner being confiscated are just two examples of his contempt for us and his hear no evil attitude when it comes to other fans. Reid made him look an idiot after his wordy gonna no dae that response and publicly belittled Murray.

didnt realise that SDM was in control of the police within the stadium maybe i'll give him a phone to see if he can get my fine for speeding overturned :doh:

Don't be daft....

We aren’t allowed to ban them from the stadium under league rules.

I agree about both banners neither should have been removed but i very much doubt Sir David personally ordered them to be removed

As for reid, he jumped in far too quickly from Sir davids comments and was left with egg on his face when the broadsheets printed his comments in full the next day, Reid fell for that one hook line and sinker

Don't be daft....

We aren’t allowed to ban them from the stadium under league rules.

I agree about both banners neither should have been removed but i very much doubt Sir David personally ordered them to be removed

As for reid, he jumped in far too quickly from Sir davids comments and was left with egg on his face when the broadsheets printed his comments in full the next day, Reid fell for that one hook line and sinker

You have a very blinkered view of the Reid Murray spat. Most people in the real world thought Reid ripped him a new anus, only in the cosy world of the Murray fan group does only nice positive things happen, when really the clubs erse is hanging oot of its troosers.

Some people need to start fighting for Rangers rather than a megalomanic owner whose only concern is cash. He has ripped the heart out of Rangers and is going for more, while there are still deluded fools who think he built ibrox, got us 9 in a row, brought Butcher, Woods etc to rangers. :sad:

and i take it your outside murrays door on a laptop are you ffs

think before you type such tripe.

and remind me what it is your doing .....................................................

moaning about the past and future

get over get over yourself.

I have took part in nearly every protest against Murray there has been and I will not re-new my season ticket and publicly support this man who I despise for what he has done to rangers.

You are the one criticizing other supporters who have got off their erse to fight for our teams survival matey, not me.

If your answer is trust David Murray to sort it out, I wouldnt trust him to go to the shops for me and give me the right change, never mind run the club properly like the Celtic Board do, something that fills me with rage knowing they bassas have owners who are fans, care for their club and supporters, but dont go and splurge borrowed cash on players just to look the big man " for every fiver they spend I will spend a tenner".

This is what we need to do and this man doesnt have it in him.

Fucking hell. :biggrin:

I can't believe some of the reaction on here, the RST release a very well worded statement stating that we deserve better (anyone who believes otherwise is a walloper - simple as that :biggrin: ) and the chairman typically fobs it off with his usual sounbites like 'trust me' 'I'm the man for the job' 'they don't know what they're talking about' basically being his usual patronizing self. Well Sir Flim Flam seing as you're incapable of debating the issues at hand and obviously hold the support in contempt I don't think I will trust you you snake.

You have left us high and dry when our club was attacked in the mhedia only raising your head above the parapet when your reputation was at risk, your precious rep that you were so eager to protect that you went to the Police and asked them to arrest Rangers suppoorters for singing a satirical song. You were willing to see Rangers fans obtain a criminal record and have their careers put at risk, dispicable!

You have a very blinkered view of the Reid Murray spat. Most people in the real world thought Reid ripped him a new anus, only in the cosy world of the Murray fan group does only nice positive things happen, when really the clubs erse is hanging oot of its troosers.

Some people need to start fighting for Rangers rather than a megalomanic owner whose only concern is cash. He has ripped the heart out of Rangers and is going for more, while there are still deluded fools who think he built ibrox, got us 9 in a row, brought Butcher, Woods etc to rangers. :sad:

I am a Rangers fan , it's natural i side with my club, if the real world is alligning myself with the filth i will leave you there.....

Fucking hell. :biggrin:

I can't believe some of the reaction on here, the RST release a very well worded statement stating that we deserve better (anyone who believes otherwise is a walloper - simple as that :biggrin: ) and the chairman typically fobs it off with his usual sounbites like 'trust me' 'I'm the man for the job' 'they don't know what they're talking about' basically being his usual patronizing self. Well Sir Flim Flam seing as you're incapable of debating the issues at hand and obviously hold the support in contempt I don't think I will trust you you snake.

You have left us high and dry when our club was attacked in the mhedia only raising your head above the parapet when your reputation was at risk, your precious rep that you were so eager to protect that you went to the Police and asked them to arrest Rangers suppoorters for singing a satirical song. You were willing to see Rangers fans obtain a criminal record and have their careers put at risk, dispicable!

Believes that we deserve better, or that it was a well worded statement Jim? :biggrin:

The first I agree with, the other, outside, Am no walloper :00000070:

(haha had to get that smiley in)

1. The Chairman has failed to react substantitively to any of the points raised, and instead chosen to ignore legitimate concerns of paying customers.

2. The Chairman has said the fans groups 'offer no solutions'. We have offered practical advice at every meeting we have had over a number of years. That the Chairman and Chief executive chose to ignore most of that advice is down to them, but it is simply misleading to claim they were never offered it.

3. He says people who are members of fans groups and populate websites are 'not exactly Captains of Industry'. That's a rather sneering put-down, by definition, of everybody who reads this post.

4. He says the Trust think they 'know more about tactics than Walter Smith.' We don't. Not only have we never said that, we have said several times that the football people at the club know far more about football than we do. You'd have to ask the Chairman why he chose to make such a patently untrue assertion.

5. He accuses the trust of 'mischief-making'. If he'd like to point out anything in the 17 issues raised which is incorrect, we'll happily rescind it.

6. He says the Trust is an extremely small band of people. 5,000 members isn't a full Ibrox, but I'd counter it's a fair representation of support - certainly a big enough customer base to avoid insulting and ignoring.

7. He says 'real fans' know he's doing a good job. Define a 'real' fan to us.

8. His overall assertion is that the RST is intent on de-stabilising the team. We'd simply like to point out that it isn't us sanctioning the transfer of our top goalscorer halfway through the season.

Thank you for your time.

We deserve better.

Some excellent points raised there , and certainly worth the quoting.

We Deserve Better!

Yes, it does say it all really, in a way

Highlighted some important parts, and, this REALLY begs the question

Why didnt the RST put out a statement to THAT effect???? Jesus that would have been far FAR superior if the parts I highlighted had been included. And, if someone on a messageboard could do it, then, why couldnt they? Those few lines would have changed the entire tone of the statement into something that showed concern about our club, and, offered some ideas that might work.

Great article, but the media isn't interested in anything as subtle or detailed as that.

It can cope only with soundbites, slogans and a very broad-brush picture.

A relatively low percentage of Rangers fans will read the full RST statement and fewer still will read the piece referred to.

However, they will know that the RST has kicked off a debate which would otherwise not have taken place.

This is the important thing.

I am a Rangers fan , it's natural i side with my club, if the real world is alligning myself with the filth i will leave you there.....

You are not siding with the club, you are cosying up to the owners. The club are the fan base and Murray should remember that.

I am intelligent enough to realise the team I hate Celtic are being run properly by their CE Lawell and their Shareholders, while Rangers are being run by a tyrant who sacks good people for disagreeing with him like Ogilvie and Adam. If you cannot see that invest in glasses.

1. The Chairman has failed to react substantitively to any of the points raised, and instead chosen to ignore legitimate concerns of paying customers.

2. The Chairman has said the fans groups 'offer no solutions'. We have offered practical advice at every meeting we have had over a number of years. That the Chairman and Chief executive chose to ignore most of that advice is down to them, but it is simply misleading to claim they were never offered it.

3. He says people who are members of fans groups and populate websites are 'not exactly Captains of Industry'. That's a rather sneering put-down, by definition, of everybody who reads this post.

4. He says the Trust think they 'know more about tactics than Walter Smith.' We don't. Not only have we never said that, we have said several times that the football people at the club know far more about football than we do. You'd have to ask the Chairman why he chose to make such a patently untrue assertion.

5. He accuses the trust of 'mischief-making'. If he'd like to point out anything in the 17 issues raised which is incorrect, we'll happily rescind it.

6. He says the Trust is an extremely small band of people. 5,000 members isn't a full Ibrox, but I'd counter it's a fair representation of support - certainly a big enough customer base to avoid insulting and ignoring.

8. His overall assertion is that the RST is intent on de-stabilising the team. We'd simply like to point out that it isn't us sanctioning the transfer of our top goalscorer halfway through the season.

Thank you for your time.

We deserve better.

Some excellent points raised there , and certainly worth the quoting.

We Deserve Better!

Problem is they're not quoted properly.

Thank you for your time.

We deserve better.

I don't think he isn't doing a good job.

I have spent hundreds of pounds this season on Rangers, done 4 hour bus joruneys to Inverness on a Sunday. Done 2 and a half hour journeys to Perth on a Tuesday night. For him to come out and say he wouldn't class me as a "real" fan is a fucking joke.

I have took part in nearly every protest against Murray there has been and I will not re-new my season ticket and publicly support this man who I despise for what he has done to rangers.

You are the one criticizing other supporters who have got off their erse to fight for our teams survival matey, not me.

If your answer is trust David Murray to sort it out, I wouldnt trust him to go to the shops for me and give me the right change, never mind run the club properly like the Celtic Board do, something that fills me with rage knowing they bassas have owners who are fans, care for their club and supporters, but dont go and splurge borrowed cash on players just to look the big man " for every fiver they spend I will spend a tenner".

This is what we need to do and this man doesnt have it in him.-again we need to spend money we dont have :doh:

Fight for our teams survival by not renewing your season book and not giving the club the money it needs, aye good one helping the club out big time . :2gunsfiring_v1:

Fight for our teams survival by not renewing your season book and not giving the club the money it needs, aye good one helping the club out big time . :2gunsfiring_v1:

And funding Murray is ?

And funding Murray is ?

Leave it Jimenez he just doesnt get it what so ever, I will still attend games I just will pick them when I want and not hand Murray my hard earned for him to do feck all with apart from pay debt he created.

fans like that will be the death of our club.

And funding Murray is ?

:doh: how silly of me i didnt realise the money went from Rangers football club paid into SIr David Murrays pockets how silly and naive i am :rolleyes:

And funding Murray is ?

Leave it Jimenez he just doesnt get it what so ever, I will still attend games I just will pick them when I want and not hand Murray my hard earned for him to do feck all with apart from pay debt he created.

fans like that will be the death of our club.

you dont get it either, you want murray out as you think this and that about him but what if the next guy that comes in is worse and causes the demise of our club then its fans like YOU that will be the death of our club.

so get off you perch and just get over the fact we have different views

your not right and im not right its just opinions as im sure neither of you are qualified to even suggest ways out of the situation we are in. as i know im not. :cheers:

Thank you for your time.

We deserve better.

David Edgar I assume?

I see you only a have a few posts on this board… call me cynical (and in your case I’m entitled to be) but why wait until now to come onto this board with your usual agenda-driven nonsense?

Could it be that you somehow need our patronage? And anyway, what‘s wrong with cozying up to the Murray haters on follow follow these days?

Thank you for your time.

We deserve better.

David Edgar I assume?

I see you only a have a few posts on this board… call me cynical (and in your case I’m entitled to be) but why wait until now to come onto this board with your usual agenda-driven nonsense?

Could it be that you somehow need our patronage? And anyway, what‘s wrong with cozying up to the Murray haters on follow follow these days?

Is this response not a perfect example of how people will criticise the RST no matter what it does?

It has been attacked for using one particular forum and urged to use others.

Yet, when it does, it is still wrong!

Thank you for your time.

We deserve better.

David Edgar I assume?

Is this response not a perfect example of how people will criticise the RST no matter what it does?

It has been attacked for using one particular forum and urged to use others.

Yet, when it does, it is still wrong!

I'm not criticizing the RST (don‘t think I ever have done), I'm aiming my contempt at David Edgar.