If you could...

It was the best thing that ever happened to the Club the day that man walked ! :sherlock:

so you think if plg were t have stayed we'd be in a position where we have to sell first team players just to keep the banks happy?

whatever you sniff at the weekend must be strong as fuck

We would be basically in the exact same posistion but with no experience of the Uefa cup final and with a T*** as manager. You decide :biggrin:

aye but we also wouldnt have had kaunas :biggrin:

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It was the best thing that ever happened to the Club the day that man walked ! :sherlock:

so you think if plg were t have stayed we'd be in a position where we have to sell first team players just to keep the banks happy?

Sniff sniff sniff ! By the way this is Thursday, that's the middle of the week ! But a can sniff them anytime, anywhere ! :sherlock:

and whatever you inject on a thursday night must be quality if you think PLG would have us in a better position.

PSG are only six points off the pace in Ligue 1 and are still in Europe, so he's not doing too badly, in a league that is miles better than ours. He also has the likes of Kezman, Makelele, Giuly & Traore at his disposal.

He's good in the French Ligue there's no denying that. The spl was a different scenario though.

Its been proved.

We would be basically in the exact same posistion but with no experience of the Uefa cup final and with a T*** as manager. You decide :biggrin:

aye but we also wouldnt have had kaunas :biggrin:

What logic are you using ? Because PSG are still in ?

Its a different team and a different league , He couldn't hack it. End of.

so you give someone 6 months in a new job in a new country and he's struggling then fuck it you bin him

fair nuff but i think that we were FAR too hasty to drive him out considering we were undefeated in europe that season until smith came back

so you give someone 6 months in a new job in a new country and he's struggling then fuck it you bin him

fair nuff but i think that we were FAR too hasty to drive him out considering we were undefeated in europe that season until smith came back

First 10 games - Won 2 , Drew 6 and Lost 2. Then getting pumped out of the Scottish Cup by St. Johnstone.

But aye , Keep him and see how bad we are at the end of the season. Why not ?

The French have never won fcuk awe in Europe worthwhile without our help the gutless cheating surrender monkey's ! :sherlock:

and whatever you inject on a thursday night must be quality if you think PLG would have us in a better position.

better than having no one worth selling, no money to fix the team and no future for our first team

PLG couldnt possibly have put us in a worse position than we are in the now

it wouldn't of been easy but im sure he would of found a way.

He was given no time. And as we all know the final straw was dropping the captain, a player most of you would now be happy to move on.

At PSG, he made a horrible start as well, but they persevered and are getting the rewards.

Im not saying it's guaranteed he would have been a success for us, had he been given two seasons at least, as has been awarded him at PSG, but it's certainly up for debate.

And those who tag him a 'green grape' are hardly debating the issue, or adding anything of any worth.

He was given no time. And as we all know the final straw was dropping the captain, a player most of you would now be happy to move on.

At PSG, he made a horrible start as well, but they persevered and are getting the rewards.

Im not saying it's guaranteed he would have been a success for us, had he been given two seasons at least, as has been awarded him at PSG, but it's certainly up for debate.

And those who tag him a 'green grape' are hardly debating the issue, or adding anything of any worth.

We all know he's sucsessfull in the French league , He done wonders with Lyon.

He did not do enough research into the SPL before he came and ultimately thought his signing policy would suffice which sadly it didn't.

Nor did he deserve anymore time to try and rescue his case.

First 10 games - Won 2 , Drew 6 and Lost 2. Then getting pumped out of the Scottish Cup by St. Johnstone.

But aye , Keep him and see how bad we are at the end of the season. Why not ?

does anyone remember the rangers team le guen took over

we had just finished outside the top two for the first tme since the 80's

and murray gave him a score note to spend on players

guy had no fuckin chance and for us to hound him out the door then 2 years later complain that the current diddies in charge arent doing what PLG attempted to do is a bit poor

Give him the year at least.

Punt Barry, Boyd and a few others

And then win the 1st Division the following season?

Considering we were comfortably 2nd in the league, that really wouldn't have been the case.

I love these PLG threads, the amount of ill informed irony that comes to the fore is incredible. Many claim to 'ignore the rags' yet seemingly buy into their take on the era as gospel.

Punt Le Guen and bring in someone other than Smith, McCoist and McDowall.

I'd have gone for my number 1 choice at the time, Billy Davies.

A wee bit rash there Muffster, he's average at best.

We should have kept him and Murray should have backed him over any player.

Some of the players deliberately lost or drew games to get him the chop, but hey they are all "Rangers" men who threw their teddies out of the pram when told to train and prepare properly for games.

I think the whole PLG thing was a good example of Murray solving a short term problem by creating an even bigger long term problem. At the time of the appointment McLeish’s team were seriously struggling and there was a general feeling that something had to be done. At the time of the PLG announcement most people were pleased and saw it as a bit of a masterstroke.

I thought the calculation that Murray had made was that PLG would offer short term pain for long term gain. I remember towards the end of his time we drew 1-1 with the tims and should have battered them on the second half showing. I thought at that point things might have been coming right but we never got the chance to see if that really was the case.

Should he have been punted? I don’t know but I do think that he should never have been appointed in the first place unless the chairman was prepared to stick with him when things got tough. I think that Murray’s great flaw is that he gets out of one problem by creating more problems. For me that’s his defining characteristic. I wish it were otherwise.

He had the PSG job lined up long before the Ferguson bust up.

He lost the respect of the players and the media when he asked the gutter press how he could get the team winning.

He brought in a central defender who could not head the ball or tackle without putting his team in danger, brought in Sionko who hid when there was danger of any sort of physical challenge and he insisted that Sebo could play football.He made Gavin Rae captain because he thought he had been vice captain the previous season.

Was he trying to fail?

The more I think about it maybe he didn't want the job but it gave him wages until PSG ousted their manager.

I admit I was excited by the thought of him being our manager but there was the nagging doubt about his sudden decision to leave Lyon the year before and have a year out of football----- no real football man would do this unless he had a major problem.