Bougherra might not get on the park ?

BLUEDIGNITY

Nice to see iv dropped slap bang in the middle of The Friends of Palestine message board.

To those who call me a moron or someone who knows nothing then go on to spout the usual handwringing rhetoric, dont worry I wont be there when your on your little protest marches holding hands and clenching fists with Cairde Na hEireann.

Sleep with dogs and you will get fleas.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice to see iv dropped slap bang in the middle of The Friends of Palestine message board.

To those who call me a moron or someone who knows nothing then go on to spout the usual handwringing rhetoric, dont worry I wont be there when your on your little protest marches holding hands and clenching fists with Cairde Na hEireann.

Why do you choose to miss the point?

I'm not really too bothered by what Bougherra does.

As long as he keeps his focus 100% on the game.

True - but the fact is he won't be 100% focused if he goes through with this.

I can't believe wearing a black armband will distract you from playing football. Footballers do it all the time when someone has died I say let him do what he wants, I can't imagine as a cross comes in he will catch a glimpse of his armband and think about all the people dying in gaza and forget to head it!

I don't personally think he's sympathetic towards Hamas' cause, i just think he could contribute far more effectively to aiding these people than wearing a black armband whilst playing for Rangers.

It's no use trying to argue the point of who's right or wrong because quite obviously both sides are culpable.

If he's that bothered about it, he should do something far more pro-active i.e. send money or aid to the affected areas - wearing an armband stinks of MOPEish "look how much i'm upset" than actually doing something that would make a differencew to the situation.

I understand that...However, to look at some of the replies in this thread suggests he is making people aware. People have labelled him as a terrorist sympathiser which is not true and nowhere in that article does he mention any support for any regime.

People jump the gun, label him a terrorist and others follow...He probably can do more to help by way of promotion charities to help this cause or even donating his own money, however considering the amount of ignorance shown on this thread, it would appear he has already, hopefully, made more people aware of the innocent people that are being killed.

Ok why is he not wearing an armband to make people aware of the innocent Israeli people being killed? Why just support Palestine?

I do not know, I would have to ask him?

Are you trying to justify why he shouldn't be doing this, simply because he isn't supporting the Israeli victims.

To be fair, the majority of coverage recently has really only shown attacks on Gaza. UN schools sheltering innocents etc.

So he's just watched the news and decided he feels sorry for the people of Gaza?

Your arguement was the innocent people being hurt, rather than Palestine's terrorist government(elected by the people). Thats fair enough if he was also supporting the innocent people on both sides of the war, but he is only supporting Palestine, suggesting that he agrees with their stance, which as we all know is one of terrorism.

hmmmmm

"But an SFA spokesman stressed that FIFA rules must be obeyed and said: "Players are not allowed to wear anything - out with their kit - with a personal or political slogan.

If any player does wear anything which is deemed inappropriate, he won't be allowed on to the field of play."

Does this include the slogan "God Bless the Pope" :sherlock:

In the not too far distant future,I can see players being banned for crossing themselves,the world is going crazy. <cr>

The whole team should wear black armbands as a protest against the Lurgan Lout getting off FREE after assualting two Rangers fans.

Most teams in the UK wore a poppy on their tops in memory of our brave men/women who fought in the 1914/1918 war.

BUT NOT THE FENIAN SCUM CLUBS

Was this against FIFA rules,bearing in mind germans/italians who were not :2gunsfiring_v1: fascists/nazis could have been offended ???

That's exactly what I said! Well done spotting that! :rolleyes:

"Palestinian health officials in Gaza say nearly 1,200 people have been killed since the conflict began on 27 December, including more than 400 children. Thirteen Israelis, mostly soldiers, have died."

I agree with your point, that all innocent victims should be supported. But just because he has come out and stated he wants to show his support for the victims in Gaza, and hasnt mentioned anything about Israelis, does not justify calling him a terrorist.

rather than Palestine's terrorist government(elected by the people).
How can you even suggest that all Palestinians are supporting this government when something similar has happened in your own back yard? Bush and Blair's war in Iraq? I guess all British and US citizens should be held responsible for this then?

The whole team should wear black armbands as a protest against the Lurgan Lout getting off FREE after assualting two Rangers fans.

Most teams in the UK wore a poppy on their tops in memory of our brave men/women who fought in the 1914/1918 war.

BUT NOT THE FENIAN SCUM CLUBS

Was this against FIFA rules,bearing in mind germans/italians who were not :2gunsfiring_v1: fascists/nazis could have been offended ???

I thought Celtic did have poppies embroided into their strips?

I do know however that a section of their support, rather than showing their respect by applauding, turned their backs in protest...

I totally support the Palestinian cause and i completely understand Bougherra's motive for doing this.

However, it splits me. I've always been of the opinion that you just shouldn't mix football and politics.

Supporting the civillian population of the Gaza strip is something any sane person would and should support. To do otherwise just highlights the individual as a complete moron. To support either the IDF or Hamas in this conflict strikes me as equally moronic - perhaps more so. Those that would agree with that include the International Committee of the Red Cross, the UN, Human Rights Watch and every serious and independant humanitarian organisation.

However, I don't think a football match in Glasgow is an appropriate place for an individual player to demonstrate support in breach of FIFA regulations. In fact, there are literally hundreds of more effective ways for him to make his point. I would rather see him assisting one of the many charities in Glasgow collect for the humanitarian response. Maybe do some PR work for them, or actually donate some of his wages. This action, smacks a little too much of 'look at me' rather than a tangible and effective act that he could do with greater ease.

A fantastic post.

I understand that...However, to look at some of the replies in this thread suggests he is making people aware. People have labelled him as a terrorist sympathiser which is not true and nowhere in that article does he mention any support for any regime.

People jump the gun, label him a terrorist and others follow...He probably can do more to help by way of promotion charities to help this cause or even donating his own money, however considering the amount of ignorance shown on this thread, it would appear he has already, hopefully, made more people aware of the innocent people that are being killed.

Ok why is he not wearing an armband to make people aware of the innocent Israeli people being killed? Why just support Palestine?

I do not know, I would have to ask him?

Are you trying to justify why he shouldn't be doing this, simply because he isn't supporting the Israeli victims.

To be fair, the majority of coverage recently has really only shown attacks on Gaza. UN schools sheltering innocents etc.

So he's just watched the news and decided he feels sorry for the people of Gaza?

Your arguement was the innocent people being hurt, rather than Palestine's terrorist government(elected by the people). Thats fair enough if he was also supporting the innocent people on both sides of the war, but he is only supporting Palestine, suggesting that he agrees with their stance, which as we all know is one of terrorism.

I support Glasgow Rangers, i am also a fan of football, I WOULD NEVER SUPPORT CELTIC!!!!!!

You are obviously very well read, know plenty of Israeli and Palestinian people and have visited the region on a regular basis to be able to deduce that all Palestinian people are terrorists, because they voted in Hamas.

The people elected a bona fide, registered and accepted political party, there was no mention at all in their campaign that they would be acting as an aggressor or become involved in violence of any kind. The people that voted did so because they were attracted to Hamas' promise of running water, electricity, jobs with a minimum income of $1.24 and schooling for all!! These are basic human rights, ones which we all take for granted, rights which render many of us with a one dimentional view from the viral media. If you were starving, had no electricity, no fuel, clothing, education or work and had no opportunity to leave where you lived it would be fair to assume that even the hardiest of us would crack. Israel has built a wall around Gaza, which means that the area which has a population of over 2 million in little more than the size of Glasgow, have no access to the aforementioned rights and supplies unless Israel allows it. These people are desperate to live.

Lets now explore these attacks on Israel. There are three towns that come within range of Gaza, their total populations amount to roughly 65,000. The "rockets" used by Hamas are home made, they are no more than glorified bottle rockets, these so called daily bombardments have sadly led to the death of four Israeli settlers. Israel i equiped with the world's most advanced weaponary supplied by the good old U.S. They use 1 ton bombs and WHITE PHOSPHOROUS in their arms, the reason i have highlited this is because it is banned by the amended Geneva Convention, yet no one has said anything about it. This is far more terrorising than a couple of rockets that cause little more than superficial damage to buldings and cars. White phos. cannot be extinguished with water it will burn as long as there is an Oxygen supply. This is terror, can you imagine burning with that on your skin?

There is also indiscriminate bombing of buildings, by which i mean ten story buildings that Israel suspect of having just one Hamas member, which could be anyone from a driver, clerk or refuse collector to a policeman or statesman. These buildings have tens of families residing in them but are demolished by 1000 kg bombs, this is why there is such a high civilian death!

The people you callously labled terrorists because of the actions of a few members of a party they voted for had no idea what hidden agendas they possessed and it is these people who our noble centren half is supporting and I am behind him absolutely.

I suggest to anyone here who believes that the Palestinian people are terrorists to have the balls to go to Israel first, then go to The West Bank, as Gaza is of course inaccesible to the World. You will then see the difference between the reality and what we are exposed to in the press.

Let Majid support what he wants and who he wants, it will have no effect on his performance as the violence out there has been going on since the 1940's.

Not once have i called him a terrorist, but he is supporting a terroist regime. If i was Smith/Murray he would have been kicked out the door.

Im not saying that they all agree with it but a vast majority want Hamas to lead them. Also a vast majority were celebrating when there were bus bombs and shell attacks on the Jews of Israel.

As for Bush/Blair war, i totally agree with the stance we have taken. Thousands of innocent people lost their lives due to unprovoked attacks, time and time again this was happening. We had to take a stance to show that we wont stand for it.

Hamas were happy attacking Israel thinking that they would get away with it, but as soon as there is a reaction from a much more powerful nation they start to cry and hide behind civillians like cowards. Hopefully the people of Palestine realize that military force is not the way forward, and do not vote in Hamas. In the meantime if they are so innocent then thay must help the Israelis weed out the terrorists.

He's not supporting a terrorist regime and I would like for you to point out exactly where he says he is in support of Hamas.

My point about Bush/Blair was should we, the British or American civilians be held accountable because they went to war on false pretences?

Going by your logic that should be the case. The innocent Palestinians are at fault because they voted in a party who were working on behalf of Hamas. The British citizens should be at fault then for Blair declaring war on Iraq, even though IIRC the majority of us were against that decision.

I was under the impression that -

'Hamas does not recognise the right of Israel to exist. Its long-term aim is to establish an Islamic state on land originally mandated as Palestine - most of which has been contained within Israel's borders since its creation in 1948.

The organisation has strong support in Gaza

The grass-roots organisation - with a political and a military wing - has an unknown number of hard-core members but tens of thousands of supporters and sympathisers. '

So an unknown number has now turned into 'few' - sounds familiar.

'Strong' also suggest a large percentage support their values.

'Military wing' - it was known that Hamas used force long before they were voted in, so if knew beforehand why didn't the people voting not?

'Hamas is particularly strong in Gaza, where the economic conditions are worse than the West Bank.

The spiritual head of the group is Sheikh Ahmad Yassin, who despite his often fiery rhetoric is seen as the moderate face of the Palestinian Islamists.

The 64-year-old quadriplegic was released from prison in Israel in 1997, as King Hussein of Jordan's price for freeing Israeli Mossad agents after a bungled attempt to assassinate Hamas leader in Jordan, Khaled Meshal.

After his release, he devoted his energies to repairing damage to Hamas' educational and charitable institutions inflicted during the 1996 crackdown against the movement.

Although in theory based in the Palestinian territories, it was long viewed that the former Amman-based leaders were the real brains behind the movement's military arm.

They were allowed to operate in Jordan - where almost half the population is Palestinian - by the late King Hussein, because it gave him leverage over Mr Arafat. '

So dont take the Holier than thou stance. The people knew who they were voting in, now it has went tits up and they are screaming its not their fault.

I'm not taking the "Holier than thou stance." I sympathise with the innocent people who are being killed by the hundreds. As does Bougherra, who has been labelled a terrorist sympathiser. You just can't seem to see the bigger picture, not everything is just black and white.

Hopefully the people of Palestine realize that military force is not the way forward, and do not vote in Hamas.

Hamas haven't always been in power. It's a terrorist organization which will operate regardless of whether the government support them or not, same as Al-Queda. Yet, innocent Palestinians are paying the price.

Where did you get that from, out of interest?

if its true this player should be sold in the transfer window as he is showing support for terrorists

You have no idea whats going on out there mate. Have you ever been to Palestine? Do you know ANYTHING about the political nature of Hamas? The Palestinian people voted them in under the assumption of good things that were promised, they didnt vote them in becuase they knew they were "terrorists"!!

Majid is supporting the Palestinian people, the people who are defensless against over zealous attacks, the shelling of U.N. refuge centres, the women and children who are dying in indiscriminate killing.

The use of white Phosphorous, in against the Geneva Convention which was amended in 1998 the Israeli's use it in everyone of their shell or rocket attacks the ONLY modern army to do so! Now that is terror! If you had any idea what this does to human skin, if you saw a human being burn with that on you wouldnt be sitting there behind your computer spouting rubbish like that.

Just think about what the word terrosist or terrorise means before you label all the Palestininan people terrosists. Hamas are not good for the people living in Gaza, they went back on their promises and took a more violent stance, that is not the fault if the local people who just want to live. Are we all warmongering Crusaders because we voted labour? Is the blood of all the innocent poeple in Iraq and Afghanistan on our hands because Blair was our PM?!!

Majid is a man with a heart and those with half a brain will know he is not supporting Hamas he is supporting those poor people who are dying for no reason while Israel stub out the futile threat of Hamas, who have killed 4 innocent people since this began. Over 1200 innocent Palestinians have died!!!

For those of you saying Majid needs to be out the door beause of this are morons. He is our best defender by far and him leaving would be damaging to the club, think of that first.

Ghandi said "an eye for an eye will make the world blind", lets work towards this.

Bougherra is a footballer first and foremost, as a previous poster said there are many ways of giving his support,a" look at me " armband protest will imo reduce his concentration of the job in hand.

Wrong. Bougherra is a human being first and foremost, with all the feelings and emotions that go with it. I trust him enough to believe he can concentrate on his job for 90 minutes, as the rest of us do for 40+hrs every week.

hmmmmm

"But an SFA spokesman stressed that FIFA rules must be obeyed and said: "Players are not allowed to wear anything - out with their kit - with a personal or political slogan.

If any player does wear anything which is deemed inappropriate, he won't be allowed on to the field of play."

Does this include the slogan "God Bless the Pope" :sherlock:

Apart from that. ;)

If the story is indeed true and not mischief making by the press then hopefully we sell him asap.

Showing support for terrorists should be an instant boot out the door.

I am not sure that you can class innocent women and children as terrorists ffs!

he is showing support for the Palestinians not Hizbollah etc.

He is showing solidarity with the Palestinian people against barbarity. Not a mention about how Israelies are being attacked and were not the agressors.

The people of Palestine voted in Hamas, ergo they support a terrorist orginisation whose charter includes the genocidal murder of every Jew in the world.

Time for Bougherra to fook off to Marseille so he can join all the rest of the arabic nutjobs that infest that shytehole.

(tu)

Supporting civilians and supporting Hamas are two very different things. No indication has been made that Bougherra sympathizes with Hamas' policies or actions.

but the majority of those civilians voted Hamas into power, meaning the majority of the population are Hamas supporters, so by supporting Hamas supporters you are indirectly supporting Hamas.

A lot of people seem to forget that these so called "innocent" civilians voted in a well known violent anti Israel terrorist organistaion...you reap what you sow...maybe they will think twice in the future for voting for an organistaion that wishes to remove Israel from the area.

Having said that, Bougherra is entitled to his opinion in the democratic UK and so I still want him to stay as he is a good player. I don't like his opinions, but that's life in the free world.

:wanker:

He added that he'd refuse to play against an Israeli team in Europe.- sacking offence imo

"I will wear a black armband as a sign of mourning and protest. I want people to know I do not agree with what is happening in Gaza and throughout Palestine. All Muslim players must make a gesture." - Given that Bougherra is a Muslim, I would have thought that anyone with half a brain would manage to come to the conclusion that he would not agree with what is happening. Also, what gives him the right to expect to be able to use a SPL game to stage his protest?

As for the last bit, is that supposed to be some sort of call to start a football jihad?