the shop window

granted you'll get more work out of mcculloch than boyd, but if that ONE CHANCE had fell to him would he have been able to stick it away

did walter play mcculloch as the transfer window closes in a week and mcculloch COULD be a target for championship sides,

did murray tell him to

cause that was one FUCKING BAFFLING decision

He played to allow us to dominate possesion, which we did. Aberdeen's biggest threat is from setpeices as they showed against celtic, playing mcculloch helped us reduce that threat. People may ask why hemdani didn't play DM, but Aberdeen are a direct team, and hemdani would have been completely missed out. When Aberdeen changed to 451, we should then have taken mcculloch off for boyd and went 442, but mcculloch did exactly what he was asked to do.

He played to allow us to dominate possesion, which we did. Aberdeen's biggest threat is from setpeices as they showed against celtic, playing mcculloch helped us reduce that threat. People may ask why hemdani didn't play DM, but Aberdeen are a direct team, and hemdani would have been completely missed out. When Aberdeen changed to 451, we should then have taken mcculloch off for boyd and went 442, but mcculloch did exactly what he was asked to do.

He committed so many fouls and gave them the chances to use the set pieces!!!!!

But how many of McCullochs challenges were actual fouls.The ref was pants.I thought big Lee done o.k.(And Im no fan of his!) :scot::uk:

you're right. the ref was giving free kicks for nothing. Since when is it a freekick when a keeper clashes with his own player. Twice they were given free kicks, when there wasn't a rangers player near the keeper

I have never been a fan of McCulloch but some of the stick he is taking after todays game is baffling.

He was there to protect the back four which he done as they never really had any clear cut chances.

He was there to let Ferguson and Mendes push which was also done fairly well.

One of our better performers today.

I'm amazed I'm saying this, but McCulloch was actually decent today. He gave away too many free kicks, but apart from that didn't do much wrong. It was still a baffling decision to play him as a holding midfielder, though. I think I'm right in saying the only positions he hasn't played for us are centre back and goalkeeper. Just bizarre.

I'm amazed I'm saying this, but McCulloch was actually decent today. He gave away too many free kicks, but apart from that didn't do much wrong. It was still a baffling decision to play him as a holding midfielder, though. I think I'm right in saying the only positions he hasn't played for us are centre back and goalkeeper. Just bizarre.

He's played for us at CB.

I meant full back :blush:

I meant full back :blush:

With Walters record it won't be long :pipe:

The logic would be that Aberdeen will be sending a load of high balls up to Miller and McCulloch could counteract that with his aerial ability (at least that's the only explanation that makes sense). A strange one, but it didn't work that badly in my opinion, despite me hurling abuse in Smith's direction the minute I heard the team.

Lee McCulloch broke up play on a few occassions, he had a nice few touches and he released both Davis and Fleck on two occassions, 1st one, Fleck had a decent strike at goals and the other, Davis fcuked up.

He also got caught out of position and gave away far too many fouls.

But, he out-shawn Captain Undroppable for the majority of the game, bar the 15 minutes Barry Ferguson decided to turn up, at the end.