Should McCoist Be Next Rangers Manager

LoyalBlueBear

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, no and no. He's not even a good assistant manager. I will be absolutelly gutted if Ally McCoist is given the Rangers job.

He should go back to his TV job.

my arse you ally deservs the job the guys a ledgend n always will be !! SUPPER ALLY

He's a legend so he deserves the job - wake up!

No.

Would love to see him go to a smaller club and see what he can do though.

Don't want fucking Levein either.

I don't want Levein either - I'd take him ahead of McCoist tho.

The outstanding candidate is Steve Coppell.

He's British

He has over 20 years experience on the management side of the game, but he is still young enough to be here for a number of years.

He's had roles as a scout, director of football, assistant and as a manager.

He encourages good football.

He can spot a player and knows has experience of competeing at the top end of the table.

Would Coppell leave a Premiership(Reading will get promoted this season inho) team to come to Rangers?

I have given my names on many occassions - Quique Flores, Ralf Rangnick, Valeri Gazzaev, Laurent Blanc...but there is absolutelty no chance of that.

Would Coppell leave a Premiership(Reading will get promoted this season inho) team to come to Rangers?

I have given my names on many occassions - Quique Flores, Ralf Rangnick, Valeri Gazzaev, Laurent Blanc...but there is absolutelty no chance of that.

How can we sing Blue and White army with any of they names-i can't even say them. :lol:

Guest Andypendek

Doesn't Ally take the Scottish Cup teams? Frankly we've been rubbish in almost every tie we've played - no amount of angry gesticulating from the sidelines, or hoarse voiced interviews post-match calling our performances unacceptable make it any better. To be honest I've had enough of Scottish style football, I'd prefer us to hire a footballing coach, but with the important point that he understands the need for competent defenders.

European football would be a massive carrot for him (well most seasons) :angry:

Most of the managers we would like to see are no longer in our price range e.g. a Bilic or Laudrup, I would like to see a young British based manager like Roberto Martinez (Swansea) given the chance before a Premiership team takes him.

no no no even tommy burns learned his trade first at smaller club first .i want souness , i know never go back but i firmly believe he would get rid of the dead wood fairly quickly , and the rest would come into line .

Two things here.

You can not take a coach from a failed regime (which it would be if we don’t win the league this season) and expect him to improve things.

After Walter moves on, which I think will be the end of next season, regardless of what we win in the meantime, ally should look for a job at a smaller club and prove he is up to the task.

There is nothing I would love more than a successful Rangers managed by a man who, for me , is the greatest ever Ranger but although I think he is a good coach and he is highly thought of by the people who he has worked with he needs to prove he is up to the task

Doesn't Ally take the Scottish Cup teams? Frankly we've been rubbish in almost every tie we've played - no amount of angry gesticulating from the sidelines, or hoarse voiced interviews post-match calling our performances unacceptable make it any better. To be honest I've had enough of Scottish style football, I'd prefer us to hire a footballing coach, but with the important point that he understands the need for competent defenders.

He does and we've been absolutely brutal in the cup (tu)

We also won them both

Heres my problem with these guys, how do we know they would be any good? They may come in with exactly the same blase attitude Le Guen had about the Scottish game. We dont know they would succeed at all in Scotland. Just like some players with good reputations come in and, well, bomb essentially.

Dont like coppel because when he has a hat on, he looks like Bono! :craphead:

I think the manager is a problem, you cant say because someone is good in another country that they will be here. People seem to want someone with nothing to do with Rangers, but, I think that any new manager really needs to have a grasp on who we are, and what we are about, as well as what the game is like up here. I have no names! There is the potential that, like Le Guen, they may be awful in the league, but good in Euro games, which is fine, but leaves us maybe needing to win the Euro trophy to qualify the next year if they get the league wrong.

As for McCoist, I still have no real problems with him taking over, he may not have proven too much about whether he can do it, then again, he also hasnt proven he cant. If he did though, for me, I would also like to see the likes of say, an Advocaat in a director of Football role to help out. I chose him, as, a European, with different ideas etc.