Should McCoist Be Next Rangers Manager

LoyalBlueBear

If mccoist really wanted to be manager the most sennsible thing for him to do just now would be to try to get a job like the inverness job see how he does at that for however long if he triumphs then maybe he could have some chance of managing us

I'm pretty sure that McCoist was in the running for the Inverness job the last time around.

He should go elsewhere to cut his teeth IMO.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont know if hes cut for the job, but one thingi am certain of is that smith and him have big differences in how they wan to run the team...........

i honestly think that if would be a good idea to get rid of smith right now and give ally till the end of the season, givin us plenty time to assess the situation

because the only way is up, this years league is not over, but i see NOTHING to suggest that we are capable of beating them to the top spot

if he manages like smith then no

Which is what everyone seems to think will happen, without any vidence

Maybe he would? But we dont know. Add to that, he was more successful than Smith was last season, and, to add to Mannans comment, he does appear to have different ideas, but, he is hardly in a place to put them into practice

A conversation that ran to explain to my mum why this shouldnt happen.

Me : I don't look at Ally McCoist and see a tactical genuis whos gonna take the club to new heights.

Dad : I don't think any Rangers fan does to be honest.

So no he shouldnt

if he manages like smith then no

Which is what everyone seems to think will happen, without any vidence

Maybe he would? But we dont know. Add to that, he was more successful than Smith was last season, and, to add to Mannans comment, he does appear to have different ideas, but, he is hardly in a place to put them into practice

It IS impossible to determine how he'll manage.

Keane, Hughes and Ince manage nothing like Sir Alex Ferguson.

You could also look at the big, dirty, no nonsense centre back that was Tony Mowbray. He's went from that to a manager willing to put his side's Premiership place at risk in order to stick to his 'total football' principles.

I think we need a manager who is willing to take risks, we've got a good crop of youngsters coming through and need someone who can turn them into regular starters. I think McCoist would give more youth a chance than Smith (not that its hard) but I'm still not sure whether he'd get the best out of them.

I think we need a manager who is willing to take risks, we've got a good crop of youngsters coming through and need someone who can turn them into regular starters. I think McCoist would give more youth a chance than Smith (not that its hard) but I'm still not sure whether he'd get the best out of them.

While I agree on the basic principles, playing a youngster such as Fleck or Aaron isn't a risk in the slightest when they're about 100 times better than the other options (Adam and McCulloch).

Playing youngsters and winning championships need not be exclusive of each other.

How would everyone feel about Ally McCoist being the next Rangers Manager. I would like to see it happen ASAP

I'd love to see Craig Levein as manager and Christophe Berra as captain, who said we can't dream!!

Oh dear.

Surely you're having a fucking laugh mate?!

How would everyone feel about Ally McCoist being the next Rangers Manager. I would like to see it happen ASAP

I'd love to see Craig Levein as manager and Christophe Berra as captain, who said we can't dream!!

Sarcasm is often hard to detect in a written post. I thought this one was obvious; I hope I'm right.

Yeah, he'd fill it with shite like Broadfoot and we'd still have Ferguson waddling about the place. Also, I wouldn't be suprised if he tried to create his dream - an all Scottish Rangers team.

Oh dear.

Why? Explain yourself.

Oh dear.

Why? Explain yourself.

Levein doesn't have the thick skin required of a Rangers manager. Every time his Utd team gets pumped off a diddy side like Hamilton he's almost in tears during his post-match interview, veins popping out of his beetroot coloured head.

And as for Berra? Most over-rated Scottish youngster since Maloney.

Yeah, he'd fill it with shite like Broadfoot and we'd still have Ferguson waddling about the place.

mmm... well we'll never know unless he gets the chance, so saying what he'll do or what he won't do is nothing more than speculation & possibly ill-informed speculation at that..

Also, I wouldn't be suprised if he tried to create his dream - an all Scottish Rangers team.

I really hope not, but if he gets the job & is given the task of reducing the wage bill, it might well go in that direction, although NEVER completely IMO.

Levein doesn't have the thick skin required of a Rangers manager. Every time his Utd team gets pumped off a diddy side like Hamilton he's almost in tears during his post-match interview, veins popping out of his beetroot coloured head.

Totally agree. Levein would be a disaster for us & imo any Gers fan that thinks he'd be better than WS & AM need to think again.

Yeah, he'd fill it with shite like Broadfoot and we'd still have Ferguson waddling about the place. Also, I wouldn't be suprised if he tried to create his dream - an all Scottish Rangers team. Yes Muff then we would really be f%^&*d.

I think it's unfair to automatically assume Ally McCoist will be exactly like Walter Smith. I also don't think he would treat this job as a laugh, he knows what Rangers is all about. I'm not sure he's ready for it though.