Walts Legacy

ayrshire-loyal

If he had resigned after last season he would have been a hero once more. Instead he stayed on and literally messed up big time in buying three strikers for 7m; not playing two of them; buying Edu; not buying replacements for Cuellar, Ferguson and Davis before the Kaunas game and getting beat by a pub team and losing millions in CL money.

On top of that long term deals for Adam and Webster; trying desperately to find a home in the team for McCulloch; not playing certain players and not dropping favourites - he has dismayed a lot of people who used to have so much faith in him.

Lost it, for me, when he bottled TIAR and then left the club with a skeleton squad with no youth policy and only a couple of reserves able to make the first team.

Looking back, a monkey could have won the domestic trophies with the money and the players made available to him. His embarrassing european disasters showed his poor tactical awareness; the old foreigners do not like high balls syndrom when we had geniuses like Gazza, Laudrup etc who could do anything with the ball on the ground. It baffled me that in the league it would be the roll the ball from the goalie to Gough or Brown who would play it around and then through midfield but in europe it was the long kick out and don,t get me started on substitutions.

He's finished. 100% Finished. He ruined himself. Even winning the league this year does not redeem his legacy. We ALL know that 9IAR wasn't down to him. He didn't do it Europe when any other 'top class' manager would have taken our 9IAR team all the way. F*ck off Walter -- you are now a waste of skin.

I don't think one season (when the title is still in reach) can't undo the work Walter did during 9IAR.

Sure, the majority of fans don't agree with his recent signings, tactics, etc. but do people really have that short of a memory?