It's no wonder some of the RST board/members etc

Jimenez

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The next home game i attend, if i break out of my "Misser/Smith" exile(ive been bad once), then im more than happy to have a pint in the Swallow(where i normally go) and tell you my view points face to face. As i have said from my very first post.....a shovel is a shovel and differing opinions are what makes the world interesting (tu)

I'd be happy to have a pint with you, I'll drink with (almost) anyone. :gerbad: I agree with some of the things you say, not with others, but as you say, differing opinions are what makes the world interesting (tu)

I''ll come along and meet you, but I'll have a mint frappaccino with a subtle dusting of dark roasted paprika. Only of the paprika is Hungarian mind you, I can't be doing with the garish Spanish variant.

Make Scotland an alcohol free zone :541:

Quite frankly some on here are set against it whatever they say or do,

Much as it is for the Rangers board. It' in the nature of some to never praise - not even grudgingly.

For my own part, I have criticised the trust, but I do hope they can re-engage the support in a purposeful way and become the vehicle of change for most of those with the interests of The Rangers at heart.

:21:

I hope i am on the "constructive" side of things. I appreciate what they are trying to do, I just think they need better execution of their ideas.

I have some issues as to how they conduct themselves at times, but, that could be said of many people and organisations.

From a personal standpoint, in the current climate, it would be ideal if ALL bears worked together, rather than each group doing their own thing

Guest Andypendek

No question the RST has started to use other forums to pubicise their actions.

No question that those who disagree with their actions, or have reservations about those who run it, will reply negatively, while others will be supportive.

That's a normal, reasonable course of events on a subject as charged as this. How you get from that to pointing the finger, hinting darkly at the allegiances or motives of posters - 'we don't know him, that's dodgy': God Almighty, how many do you think you knew in Manchester? What a stupid argument - while sadly bemoaning RM's lack of control over these timposters/handwringers.

As clear an agenda as you could wish. Fortunately, for now at least, 'being annoying' or 'always posting on a subject' aren't reasons for a banning on RM, even if some mods are itching to get rid of some.

Calling people "Fenian bastards" reflects badly on the this board, the Trust (if you're associated with them) and the support in general. I thought this board was better than that, not some kind of mini-FF.

Here here (tu)

This thread reminds me a little of David Murray's call for unity the other day. Get behind me or you're not a real fan. This seems to be "agree with the RST or you're a Fenian". Completely ridiculous comment Jiminez.

I think you've missed the point of what Jiminez what trying to make.

Enlighten me then

My reading of his post is that certain posters on here are anti-Trust no matter what they try to do, these may be 'fenian's' or Rangers fans with gripes, fact is they don't respond to RST threads with constructive criticism, more to just put them down.

I may be wrong, if so then Jiminez I'm sure will be back to explain. If I am right then consider yourself enlightened.

This thread reminds me a little of David Murray's call for unity the other day. Get behind me or you're not a real fan. This seems to be "agree with the RST or you're a Fenian". Completely ridiculous comment Jiminez.

I think you've missed the point of what Jiminez what trying to make.

Enlighten me then

My reading of his post is that certain posters on here are anti-Trust no matter what they try to do, these may be 'fenian's' or Rangers fans with gripes, fact is they don't respond to RST threads with constructive criticism, more to just put them down.

I may be wrong, if so then Jiminez I'm sure will be back to explain. If I am right then consider yourself enlightened.

I shall :pipe:

If that's what he meant then fair enough but it's not how it read to me and most others by the looks of it.

As I said in another thread we are all Rangers Supporters and whether suggestions come from the RST or RM or gersNet or others such as the RSA or umbrella groups - it does not matter. as long as the proposals are constructive and look to improve Rangers FC we should welcome them. That is my viewpoint. Internecine infighting does us all no good.

A well thought out & constructive piece & one many should heed.

We have disagreed on a few things NV but at the end of the day-this is a forum to let fellow bears discuss primarily the rights & wrongs at our basically fabulous club & whether the Ibrox heirachy or other members disagree /agree with postings positive or negative, Im sure you will find on any other Fans forums a similiar process.

I would hazard a guess we are probably more disagreeable than the Tims just now-only because the PR at Smeltic is better than ours & also as they have been having more success than we have over the last decade.

If the tables turned & we then took more honours than them-it would reverse the situation.

At the end of the day we are all Human & are never happy.

WATP

I like to think that RM is a board of free thinkers but who all have the best interests of the club at heart, just ideas on how to best to go forward.

I would love to know what context the word "fenian" is being used here ... is it a Celtic fan or a Catholic or a Rebuplican Freedom Fighter, either way i find it an interesting way to describe fellow fans.

I have not met anyone from here but does that make me a suspect "timposter", is it now so cliquey that i have to pass an interview before i am accepted as a Rangers fan?

I like to think that RM is a board of free thinkers but who all have the best interests of the club at heart, just ideas on how to best to go forward.

I would love to know what context the word "fenian" is being used here ... is it a Celtic fan or a Catholic or a Rebuplican Freedom Fighter, either way i find it an interesting way to describe fellow fans.

I have not met anyone from here but does that make me a suspect "timposter", is it now so cliquey that i have to pass an interview before i am accepted as a Rangers fan?

It feels like that sometimes Ace

Pisses me off the "Arses" who accuse a fellow bear of being a tim when they have hundreds, nee thousands of posts-just because it doesnt agree with them.

To be honest it just shows a lack of intelligence & the kind of people who would biff you in a boozer as they can only resort to threats,abuse & violence due to their "grey matter" not working as well as your own.

Watp

As I said in another thread we are all Rangers Supporters and whether suggestions come from the RST or RM or gersNet or others such as the RSA or umbrella groups - it does not matter. as long as the proposals are constructive and look to improve Rangers FC we should welcome them. That is my viewpoint. Internecine infighting does us all no good.

We have disagreed on a few things NV but at the end of the day-this is a forum to let fellow bears discuss primarily the rights & wrongs at our basically fabulous club & whether the Ibrox heirachy or other members disagree /agree with postings positive or negative, Im sure you will find on any other Fans forums a similiar process.

I would hazard a guess we are probably more disagreeable than the Tims just now-only because the PR at Smeltic is better than ours & also as they have been having more success than we have over the last decade.

If the tables turned & we then took more honours than them-it would reverse the situation.

WATP

I think you would be surprised Bio. I am a lurker in a few places and can assure you the arguments we as fans have on here about the media, the board, the manager and the fans being split are the exact same ones Timmy have all the time as well.

Perfect Example = On here the other night, people were moaning about the blatant bias BBC for showing a disproportiante number of fans from the 49 wearing colours in a deliberate attack against us. Elsewhere, Timmy were moaning about the blatant bias of the BBC who reffered to the 49 as Football fans and not Rangers fans in a deliberate cover up exercise.

:lol:

WATP

I think you would be surprised Bio. I am a lurker in a few places and can assure you the arguments we as fans have on here about the media, the board, the manager and the fans being split are the exact same ones Timmy have all the time as well.

Perfect Example = On here the other night, people were moaning about the blatant bias BBC for showing a disproportiante number of fans from the 49 wearing colours in a deliberate attack against us. Elsewhere, Timmy were moaning about the blatant bias of the BBC who reffered to the 49 as Football fans and not Rangers fans in a deliberate cover up exercise.

:lol:

The thing is YNWA is we will ALL never agree on everything.

Last year we were all for WS & this year we want him out.Fans are fickle everywhere.

at a recent RST Board meeting I brought up what I thought was an unacceptable situation that we were seen somehow as an arm of FF. Although the RST was started by posters on that webite, we have moved on and would like to encompass the views of the wider Rangers support. To that end, we agreed to post any news on this website, which I have done tonight. If people would rather I didn't then please let me know.

Will you be posting any RST news on Vanguard Bears website as there RST life members on it as well as many loyal Rangers supporters with differing views?

I believe one of the admin on it was also instrumental in starting up the RST.

Not a big fan of this place being referred to as a harbourer of fenians. We try very hard to stamp out the filth, and have thrown out the trash whenever it reveals itself.

Automatically assuming that all that talk negatively on this particular topic are scum isn't right. Hell, more people disagree about the usefulness of Boyd than have ever even bothered discussing the RST.

Of course this forum is not a harbourer of fenians. But they are obviously attracted to this site through fear. They know this one is more in touch with what is really happenin. So there is a few about. Long term ones as well as the obsessed visitors we get every day. So lets all sing from the same hymn sheet in diversity to let them know we are as one ! ;):sherlock:

at a recent RST Board meeting I brought up what I thought was an unacceptable situation that we were seen somehow as an arm of FF. Although the RST was started by posters on that webite, we have moved on and would like to encompass the views of the wider Rangers support. To that end, we agreed to post any news on this website, which I have done tonight. If people would rather I didn't then please let me know.

Will you be posting any RST news on Vanguard Bears website as there RST life members on it as well as many loyal Rangers supporters with differing views?

I believe one of the admin on it was also instrumental in starting up the RST.

I would gladly do so but they banned me.

Quite frankly some on here are set against it whatever they say or do, I find it intriguing that it usually seems to be those members that none of us have had the pleasure of meeting. Surely that isn't a coincidence ?

Not talking about constructive criticism here, that's always welcome but the sly digs by a certain faction on here whenever the Trust unveil an initiative/statement is bloody tedious.

Note to all : the following statement isn't one supported or endored by the Trust. This is my own opinion.

There are Fenian bastards on here indulging in a wee game of sabotage, even when the Trust are being diplomatic they are held in contempt by some. Rangers Media have always taken a more diplonatic view on their membership and that's to be welcomed, however I believe it's starting to become detremental to the board to allow posters to constantly ridicule and mock the Trust.

Who knows these people ?

What the fuck have they done to try and benefit the Rangeres support ?

Most of the RST's board were set against it too remember when they all resigned. They cited quite a few disturbing things at the time regarding certain members of the trust and the direction these people were intent on taking it.

I don't don't think the trust deserves the amount of credibility you obviously give it but then that's just my opinion, one I'm entitled to.

This board/forum is allowed to constantly ridicule and mock the chairman, manager, coaches and players, why should the trust be immune from this?

Is there a more smug looking face on television than Mr Edgars? It's especially galling that he's wearing it while lamenting the chairman's and clubs failings.

Quite frankly some on here are set against it whatever they say or do, I find it intriguing that it usually seems to be those members that none of us have had the pleasure of meeting. Surely that isn't a coincidence ?

Not talking about constructive criticism here, that's always welcome but the sly digs by a certain faction on here whenever the Trust unveil an initiative/statement is bloody tedious.

Note to all : the following statement isn't one supported or endored by the Trust. This is my own opinion.

There are Fenian bastards on here indulging in a wee game of sabotage, even when the Trust are being diplomatic they are held in contempt by some. Rangers Media have always taken a more diplonatic view on their membership and that's to be welcomed, however I believe it's starting to become detremental to the board to allow posters to constantly ridicule and mock the Trust.

Who knows these people ?

What the fuck have they done to try and benefit the Rangeres support ?

Most of the RST's board were set against it too remember when they all resigned. They cited quite a few disturbing things at the time regarding certain members of the trust and the direction these people were intent on taking it.

I don't don't think the trust deserves the amount of credibility you obviously give it but then that's just my opinion, one I'm entitled to.

This board/forum is allowed to constantly ridicule and mock the chairman, manager, coaches and players, why should the trust be immune from this?

Is there a more smug looking face on television than Mr Edgars? It's especially galling that he's wearing it while lamenting the chairman's and clubs failings.

Most of the Board didn't resign. It was about a third.