Tim Cahill

CF5LOYAL

I remember when we were linked to him under McLeish and didn't pursue it, what a mistake that has turned out to be!

He only cost Everton just over 2m and if they were to sell now they would be looking for at least 20m. Even with his lack of height and build he is probably the best in the air in the premiership and I include Vidic, Drogba and Santa Cruz in that. He has great build up play and loves to put himself about.

Wish we had him leading the line yesterday at Potato Park, he's a smashing player who just seems to get better with every season (tu)

Incredible bargain buy for Everton.

You look at some of the money splashed in the EPL like 18m for Bent and you compare that to what Cahill brings to Everton. He is the tallisman for that whole club, probably one of the best bargains ever in the EPL.

The fact he hasn't looked out of place up front this season sums up how good he is. If we really were after him then McLeish should be shot for not pursuing it.

He would work differently under different management, and he's going to progress even more in the EPL.

Arteta and Cahill combined only cost Everton £3.5 million. Easily the best value midfield partnership in the premiership

Add to that players like Hibbert, Osman, Baines, Jagielka, Rodwell, Gosling, Vaughn, Anichebe. Moyes has managed to get a great squad which hasn't exactly broke the bank, he is doing a fantastic job with what he has.

Also the lad Fellaini looks as if he is going to be worth every penny of the 15m, he is also a cracking player.

One of my favourite players in the Premiership. It amazes me that none of the so-called top 4 have made a move for him.

Must be a dream for Arteta to play alongside. His heading ability lends itself perfectly to Arteta's pinpoint crossing. Terrific player.

One of my favourite players in the Premiership. It amazes me that none of the so-called top 4 have made a move for him.

Must be a dream for Arteta to play alongside. His heading ability lends itself perfectly to Arteta's pinpoint crossing. Terrific player.

Just think, if Eck had any wits about him then we could have been lining up with that midfield for a year or two!

He is the new key to Australia's chances in international football after the demise of Viduka and Kewell. A great player but he couldn't get into the game against Japan last week in the lone striker role. I think he should have been playing just behind McDonald.

He's such a great, underrated player. He is so versatile and is always involved in the play.

Moyes always seems to find good buys from the Championship.

Most definitely (tu)

Cahill, Lescott, Jagielka immediately spring to mind, signed for a combined fee of roughly £9m. Superb.

I wonder who the next one he will bring in will be? Maybe Kightly at Wolves? I like Eagles at Burnley aswell. Only a matter of time before he is back in the Premiership.

Moyes just seems to be willing more willing to take a risk on guys from The Championship than other managers are.

Guys like Jagielka, Baines, Cahill and Lescott were outstanding at that level, but a lot of Premiership clubs just weren't willing to take the chance on them.

I wouldn't be suprised if his next risk was on Sylvain Ebanks Blake, Sean St Ledger, Andrew Surman or Jordi Gómez.

Moyes just seems to be willing more willing to take a risk on guys from The Championship than other managers are.

Guys like Jagielka, Baines, Cahill and Lescott were outstanding at that level, but a lot of Premiership clubs just weren't willing to take the chance on them.

I wouldn't be suprised if his next risk was on Sylvain Ebanks Blake, Sean St Ledger, Andrew Surman or Jordi Gómez.

Surman is a good shout, his technique is really impressive and scores a fair few goals with that trusty left foot. Obviously there is Joe Ledley aswell, although I wouldn't consider him to be that much of a risk. Maybe slightly too pricey though.

Back to Everton, I've watched Jack Rodwell a few times in the past couple of weeks, what a future that boy has. Tremendous ability, and naturally 2 footed. Always nice to see. (tu)