***The Official Rangers v Kilmarnock Thread***

Muff

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

really looking forward to this game. Didnt make the dundee utd game, so it seems like ages since i was last at ibrox. 3 points is an absolute must. I dont care how we do it. I dont care who scores, how they do it or when they score as long as we get the win. Defence is looking strong which is good. Only conceded 1 goal in 2009 in 7 games. Any good team is built on a strong defence so its good to see. Hopefully aaron will get to play at some stage, i would love to see him start, i think its about time he got his chance. Impressive again tonight. He is going to be some player in the future. If we dont play him we are going to lose him and will regret it big time.

Boyd against bottom 6 SPL teams at home this season:

Killie 2 goals

Motherwell 0

Inverness 3 goals

Hamilton 2 goals (cup game)

St Mirren 1 goal

Hamilton 3 goals

Falkirk 2 goals

Falkirk 1 goal (cup game)

14 goals in 8 starts.

That was at Hampden

:mcgregor:
:broadfoot: :bougherra: :weir: :papac:
:Naismith: :davis: :mendes: :fleck:
:boyd: :miller:

Tonight was Boyd's worst game of the season so i don't want to see him dropped right away, i want him to play in this game as a way of him making up for that abysmal display and if he doesn't deliver the goods this time then a spell on the bench is needed.

Naismith could do well with a start against his old club.

This is a massive game and one we must come away with the three points - if some of the players can't get up for it, then they should be shown the door.

Our manager needs to also motivate these players. Like i said, Boyd should be pulled to a side and told his place in the team is really under threat if he doesn't put in a better display than the abysmal one on Wednesday. The management team as well as the players have to be up for it.

Macgregor

Broadfoot

Bougherra

Weir

Papac

Davis

Mendes

Ferguson :(

Fleck

Miller

Boyd

Think this will be the team i`m afraid! <cr> Although has Broadfoot got a chance ? Thought he was out for 2 weeks!

Yeah Ally said the on Monday that Kirk should be ok for the weekend and to be honest that is our strongest team we can put out

:whittaker: :weir: :bougherra: :papac:
:aaron: :davis: :mendes: :fleck:

Broadfoot shouldn't be risked, Ferguson should be dropped, Aaron should get his chance and I would see no point in dropping Miller after 2 goals tonight. Boyd should score against them as he usually does. A bit unfair on dropping Naismith since he keeps coming in and out of the squad.

Boyds the top scorer in Britain and his record against Killie is phenomenal. Of course he should start and to suggest otherwise is ludicrous.

What has Lafferty done to earn a pick? Other than being apparently shite in the air despite being 6ft 12 or whatever.

I can see Smith dropping Fleck for Aaron perhaps. Taking the pressure off the wee man could do him good.

Agree with all (tu)

I just want to see Aaron play some part. Even if it's a 10min run about.

:whittaker: :weir: :bougherra: :papac:

:aaron: :davis: :mendes: :fleck:

Broadfoot shouldn't be risked, Ferguson should be dropped, Aaron should get his chance and I would see no point in dropping Miller after 2 goals tonight. Boyd should score against them as he usually does. A bit unfair on dropping Naismith since he keeps coming in and out of the squad.

Agree on Ferguson being dropped,had he being playing tonight we would have struggled to get 2 nevermind 4 !!

Why should Ferguson be dropped yet Boyd played?

If I was a manager, I'd pick players by previous performance(s) and on both showings, neither deserve to start.

I couldn't care if Boyd has scored 77 goals against Killie in the past, it's the present that matters and you have to earn your place - at this moment in time he hasn't. I'd look at his performance and attitude against both Dundee United and Forfar and show him his seat in the dug-out for Saturday.

If I was a manager, I'd pick players by previous performance(s) and on both showings, neither deserve to start.

I couldn't care if Boyd has scored 77 goals against Killie in the past, it's the present that matters and you have to earn your place - at this moment in time he hasn't. I'd take look on look at his performance and attitude against both Dundee United and Forfar and show him his seat in the dug-out for Saturday.

You know both will play though.

I said play Boyd because of his record against them because even when he's been shite in the past, he's always done it v Killie.

I'd rather play neither of them but I know, sadly, that it won't happen.

I couldn't care if Boyd has scored 77 goals against Killie in the past, it's the present that matters and you have to earn your place - at this moment in time he hasn't. I'd look at his performance and attitude against both Dundee United and Forfar and show him his seat in the dug-out for Saturday.

Ferguson hasn't kicked a ball since he returned. I see the situations as different but like i said, this game should be Boyd's last chance, take it or have a spell on the bench.

We need 11 men on the park, not players who will contribute fuck all but possibly come up with a goal or two because they have a good record against the opposition - it's a chance we can't afford to take and that player only has himself to blame.