***The Official Rangers v Kilmarnock Thread***

Muff

I would start Boyd in all games because he is the only proven goalscorer we have who is fit at the moment. Lafferty is better coming on against tired defences because although he does not have the awareness, quick reactions, natural instinct or touch of a goalscoring striker he has the pace and the attitude to punish teams late in games.

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as we all like to moan,

You know Boyd and Ferguson will start.

Most likely Boyd will score after his dull performances, maybe a brace then all will be forgotten, apart from the oneswho dislike him.

If Boyd plays well and does the buisness, whether he scores or not then he'll get the praise he deserves, like always.

I'd go with:

-------------------McGregor-------------------

Whittaker----Bougherra----Weir-----Papac

Davis-----Ferguson------Mendes-----Aaron

-------------Boyd--------Miller--------------

Bring Fleck and Lafferty on at some point.

I feel Aaron deserves a start in this game.

Gers 3-0

Boyd x2

Lafferty

:mcgregor:
:broadfoot::bougherra::weir::papac:
:aaron::davis::mendes::fleck:
:boyd::miller:

:alexander::whittaker::ferguson::lafferty::mcculloch::???::???:

I agree with everyone that this is a must win, but as its at home and Kilmarnock aren't exactly AC Milan, then aaron should have his go at the SPL.

:mcgregor:

:edu: :bougherra: :weir: :papac:

:davis: :mendes: :ferguson: :fleck:

:miller: :boyd:

Would have edu in at right back, was mentioned he could play there before we signed him and as Broadfoot is out i have no faith whatsoever in whittaker. Also got miller ahead of lafferty because hopefully his confidence is on the up after his 2 goals against forfar. Would also like to see Aaron get a wee run out with 20 mins to go, fingers crossed!

Not a chance I'd start Boyd, purely because Lafferty and Miller have both shown more over the past few games, and dropping them would be foolish. We should be able to beat Killie at Ibrox without too much difficulty whether or not Boyd's in the team, and I think we will.

Lafferty has shown me nothing in the last 2 games he has played. One of those games simply was because the way in which we played.

Not a chance I'd start Boyd, purely because Lafferty and Miller have both shown more over the past few games, and dropping them would be foolish. We should be able to beat Killie at Ibrox without too much difficulty whether or not Boyd's in the team, and I think we will.

Lafferty has shown me nothing in the last 2 games he has played. One of those games simply was because the way in which we played.

He scored two against Dundee Utd, was decent against celtic, came on yesterday and looked good, setting up a goal. I'm not Miller's biggest fan by any means, but they're both head and shoulders above Boyd at the moment.

He scored two against Dundee Utd, was decent against celtic, came on yesterday and looked good, setting up a goal. I'm not Miller's biggest fan by any means, but they're both head and shoulders above Boyd at the moment.

You said over the last few games. Dundee united was ages ago, would hardly of said he was decent against Celtic although I put that down to the way we were playing and thought it was another clumsy performance from him last night minus his knock down for Miller's goal

EDIT- Apologises about the Dundee United game bit I was thinking about the 2.2 game at Tannadice.

Beasley is ruled out of Saturday's SPL clash with Kilmarnock but there is only soft tissue damage and it is hoped he will be fit for the following weekend's match at Hamilton.

Kirk Broadfoot is also liable to miss the Killie game with a foot injury but, like Beasley, will be fit for Hamilton.

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Ne...1562448,00.html

There is no way Ferguson will be dropped but I wouldn't be suprised if Wally went with Lafferty and Miller upfront, the two players that deserve to start.

They do deserve a start on current form and application, however, if I'm not wrong Boyd was just going through a difficult time when we played Killie at Ibrox last time, we went 1-0 down and he was there to score the two goals that won us the game that day. Following that match was the beginning of his hot streak, if I'm not mistaken. Personally, I wouldn't risk leaving out Boyd for this game. However, I take the point that his attitude over the past couple of weeks hasn't been what it should be. Though I would argue that, until recently it has been.

Killie are likely to sit deep and play 4-5-1 like earlier on in the season, so I expect the game to go like last time and I feel we need our best finisher on the park.

Boyd shouldn't be in the squad!

If he can't get up for a Scottish Cup match then he does not deserve to play in the SPL, a match where we can go top. I have had it with him for good.

I picked him tonight in my team as I reckon he'd be right up for it - how I was wrong.

(tu)

Needs to get his arse in gear, too many times he has shown no interest for the game. Needs to be dropped.

I would definitely play Boyd in this game. He has an excellent scoring record against his old club. But he certainly seems to be the type of player that needs a kick up the arse very now and then.

Mine.

McGregor

Broadfoot Bougherra Weir Papac

Naismith Davis Mendes Fleck

boyd Miller..

Smith

McGregor

Broadfoot Bougherra Weir Papac

Davis Fergie Mendes Fleck/DMB

lafferty Miller..

Thank god Walter is picking the team. :rolleyes: