Charles Green Must Be Made Aware Of Police Intimidation At Ibrox

DarcheVinny

Charles Green Must Be Made Aware Of Police Intimidation At Ibrox

[imgleft]http://rangersmedia.co.uk/images/resized/images/wv20rangersvhibs_200_200.jpg[/imgleft]In case you haven't read it yet, earlier this afternoon the Union Bears released a statement and were disappointed and 'must inform the 500+ fans on our BF1 transfer waiting list that Rangers have decided to block our proposed move and expansion into the central sections of the Broomloan Front'.

You can read the full statement here, also on RangersMedia.

As well as stern criticisms of Ibrox security chief, David Martin, the statement also goes on to confirm that Rangers supporters are regularly and unecessarily being intimidated by Strathclyde Police on match day, both at Ibrox and away from home.

'Every week supporters in section BF1 are subjected to full body searches at turnstyles, every flag and banner being filmed before being allowed entry, intimidation inside and outside the stadium from stewards and Police as well as being filmed for 90 minutes by the anti-football unit of the police whilst individuals inside the club give details of our members to Police to add to their intelligence database. All this for daring to turn up and support our team.

Recently, supporters in section BF1 have also been told by Police to hold their season ticket up to a camera and state their name and address. Mr Martin didn't see any issue with this and assumes it's all in the interest of pursuing criminal investigations. This is of course is absolute nonsense. As David Martin interestingly informed us this week, there is more arrests and evictions in other areas of the stadium on a match day than in Section BF1. It's blatant intimidation of football supporters.'

This is a subject which has been bothering me for quite a few months now. This police intimidation is not confined to the BF1 section and I have been on the receiving end of - and witness to - unecessary intimidation from Strathclyde Police - as have hundreds of other supporters - at Ibrox in particular.

So what do we do? Who do we complain to? How do we stop this unecessary and unfair treatment of innocent and decent football supporters?

Supporting out team is not a crime, so why must we all be treated as criminals?

As I understand it, for a typical 3pm kick-off at Ibrox, the stadium is handed over to police from 1pm. From this point onwards Strathclyde Police are in full control of everything inside and outside of Ibrox, for the duration of the match.

Both SFA and SFL legislation states:

'A club shall take all such steps as are reasonably practicable to ensure the safety, good conduct and behaviour of its supporters on any ground. A club playing at its own ground or allowing its ground to be used for a match in which it is not participating shall also take all such steps as are reasonably practicable to ensure the safety, good conduct and behaviour of all spectators at that ground.

A recognised football body which is directly responsible for organising a match under its jurisdiction shall likewise take all such steps as are reasonably practicable to ensure the safety, good conduct and behaviour of spectators at such match.'

So in short, football clubs and football bodies have to ensure that supporters within the stadium behave themselves.

What happens if supporters do misbehave?

'Misbehaviour by spectators before, during or at the close of a match resulting from the failure of a club or recognised football body to take all reasonably practicable steps as aforesaid shall render that club or recognised football body liable to a fine or closure of ground or suspension or all of these penalties.'

The above explains why police are used by football clubs to control football supporters, before, during and immediately after a match. So I think it is fair to say that by paying for the police service, football clubs are taking all 'reasonably practicable steps' to control football supporters on match day.

From my reading of the legislation, it doesn't appear that the SFA or SFL demand that football clubs use the police specifically to control football supporters on match day - but I would be happily corrected if someone can tell me better?

This also probably explains why at 1pm - for a typical 3pm kick-off - Rangers hand over full control to Strathclyde Police. The police are probably the only option, when complying to the legislation quoted above.

So again, who do we complain to?

It would seem that Rangers' hands are tied. They have no option but to use the police. There are no other security firms that could deal with a football riot, if one were to happen at Ibrox?

You could complain to Strathclyde Police, but let's face it, that would be a waste of time. You would probably be better of contacting your local MP? Or Glasgow South West MP, Ian Davidson. You can find contact details for Ian Davidson, here.

Charles Green and Ally McCoist have both been extremely complimentary, supportive and grateful to the atmosphere created by the Union Bears and The Blue Order in recent weeks, yet how would they feel if these supporters groups continue to be intimidated by Strathclyde Police in this way and the atmosphere suffers, going back to the morgue-like silence we used to hear a few season's ago?

Not only that, how would Charles Green feel if supporters felt so intimidated by police on match day, that they choose not to buy tickets? That isn't going to help him achieve his goals as set out by the owners of the club.

Charles Green should be informed of this intimidation when it happens, be it to you personally, or something you are witness to. Charles Green needs to understand that his paying customers are being unecessarily hassled and intimidated by Strathclyde Police as part of their service to the club, to control supporters - a service Rangers are paying handsomely for?

I am not saying that Charles Green can directly influence the tactics used by police to control football supporters, but surely he could investigate these genuine and long overdue accusations that Strathclyde Police are intimidating and hassling innocent Rangers supporters, like you and I?

I know full well that freedom of speech no longer exists in Salmond's Scotland, but why should I have my clothing and scarf inspected, everytime I enter the stadium?

Why should I be filmed by police officers, when I have given them no reason to do so?

Why should police officers demand I tell them my name and address?

Why should I be treated like a criminal, even though I have not committed a crime?

We need your help, Mr Green.

Supporting our team, is not a crime.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is this guy employed with us? David Martin. This is the guy that moved a guy from outside ibrox stadium for selling programmes. Now what sort of guy that has the best interests of the club at heart does this?

This guy david martin actually went out of his way to move him on. shifty.gif

And now he's refusing to let the UBS move into a better section of the stadium to improve the atmosphere.

And it is also down to him that there are so many police around the UB'S section every home game.

Too many taigs infiltrating such institutions at all levels for their own personal agenda ie. the intimidation and harassment of us!

I personally object to being filmed for doing nothing other than walking to the stadium. I see it as a breach of my civil liberties and human rights. I am being criminalised for being a Rangers supporter. I detest it. It infuriates me and I serously want to do them harm. I only hope that I continue to contain myself without lashing out at these bigoted bullying taig minded bastards. I wouldn't see those cunts in my road if I met them out of uniform. If fucking only!

Film them on your phone & complain to the Chief Constable by e-mail & cc it to your SMP & EMP & BBC Watchdog and anywan else you can think of :pipe:

this!!

get ur fones out and film the copper asking him for his name ID and station assigned to.

have someone behind you film the search for proof reason incase they deem something illegal or banned and ask for a full reason why.

make the fucker explain thier actions on film, play them at their own game and complain every time you feel aggravated by them.

ask them under the freedom of information / data protection to let you know what they are holding and how long for, let them know u would rather have legal rep present if you are to be questioned further.

might take you longer to get in, but fuck dem all!!

Are other clubs fans subjected to the same nonsense at other grounds around the country or is this special treatment exclusive to Rangers fans?

On a side note RE moving the group to the middle of the stand, i am more passionate about getting that away section moved to a corner somewhere out of view of cameras on match day and having all stands facing the main stand exclusively for Rangers fans. The club deck is always the last place to sell out, stick the few hundred away fans up there out the road, it is our stadium and the current segregation looks dreadful on camera.

Are other clubs fans subjected to the same nonsense at other grounds around the country or is this special treatment exclusive to Rangers fans?

On a side note RE moving the group to the middle of the stand, i am more passionate about getting that away section moved to a corner somewhere out of view of cameras on match day and having all stands facing the main stand exclusively for Rangers fans. The club deck is always the last place to sell out, stick the few hundred away fans up there out the road, it is our stadium and the current segregation looks dreadful on camera.

NO FUCKIN WAY! CLUB DECK is BEARS ONLY!

Dae ye no have tae"buy" yer seat in the Club Deck or something?

That bond thing that was all the rage?

The club deck is always the last place to sell out, stick the few hundred away fans up there out the road, it is our stadium and the current segregation looks dreadful on camera.

Aye........give the best seats in the house to a bunch of tramps. wacko.gif

The bheasts have their own stewards as far as I know.They travel with the support to away games, as well as at the piggery. I am told they are taigs but also they are big fucking thugs who beat their own fans up, but they keep everything "in-house".....such as the stabbing and slashings at Inverness last season.

Too many taigs infiltrating such institutions at all levels for their own personal agenda ie. the intimidation and harassment of us!

I personally object to being filmed for doing nothing other than walking to the stadium. I see it as a breach of my civil liberties and human rights. I am being criminalised for being a Rangers supporter. I detest it. It infuriates me and I serously want to do them harm. I only hope that I continue to contain myself without lashing out at these bigoted bullying taig minded bastards. I wouldn't see those cunts in my road if I met them out of uniform. If fucking only!

I believe the law states anyone can use a camera device in/on public land, so you can take pictures of them as well. If you feel he/she has mistreated you always try to get it on camera. As for giving your name and address you are not legally obliged to unless you have committed an offence, but more and likely he'll make up something to try and intimidate you to get a response. You correct response should be "am i lawfully bound to give you my name and address" for which if he responds should be no. The only exception to the rule is section 44 the terrorism act i believe.

BF1 are the heart and soul of the party. They get the crowd going and act responsibly. No reason not to allow expansion.

Some of the so called security measures for people entering BF1 are ludicrous.

The bigot police will want to Xray and DNA test you when you go to the toilet soon. :anguish:

I believe the law states anyone can use a camera device in/on public land, so you can take pictures of them as well. If you feel he/she has mistreated you always try to get it on camera. As for giving your name and address you are not legally obliged to unless you have committed an offence, but more and likely he'll make up something to try and intimidate you to get a response. You correct response should be "am i lawfully bound to give you my name and address" for which if he responds should be no. The only exception to the rule is section 44 the terrorism act i believe.

Peterborough Mujahadeen Loyal :uk::P:uk: