Vanguard Bears - just who are they?

charlotte1008

ZZed took the position we HAVE to be in the PUL camp BECAUSE thats how others see us.

I doubt you take any stance because OTHERS Think that is what you are like and thus you have to conform - ZZed position was just basic nonsence.

Also the OP, in trying to big up the VB work dragged all the PUL stuff into the association with the club - you know my position on that ! (and I know yours - in brooad terms)

VB can have any criteria they want for their wee McArthuresque clique but when they come out into the big wide world believing that everyone should take their position because the VB do they should not be that shocked if some disagree.

I genuinely don't know what people mean when they say 'PUL', have 'PUL' leanings and so on. Do you have to be all 3? Why is Unionism, in particular, being lumped in with the other two?

I genuinely don't know what people mean when they say 'PUL', have 'PUL' leanings and so on. Do you have to be all 3? Why is Unionism, in particular, being lumped in with the other two?

You don't need to but they are discussing those who have all three. To be honest you only need to say Protestant and Loyalist, as Loyalism is an extension of Unionism.

Even that is using the word 'Protestant' in the loosest possible sense in many cases, I would guess.

Depends on who is using it I guess but given that religion is on a nose dive you'd wouldn't be far wrong. I doubt many who consider themselves Protestant would know where they stood on transubstantiation.

If you are a VB it seems you need all 3 !!! I have none of the 3 (except the P - by birth!) so I dont think I qualify - even if I did know a VB I suspect they would not vouch for me on those grounds!

Depends on who is using it I guess but given that religion is on a nose dive you'd wouldn't be far wrong. I doubt many who consider themselves Protestant would know where they stood on transubstantiation.

I doubt many could even find their local kirk - never mind the transubstantiation. (which does sound a bit like a subway definition to me!)

I will put my neck on the line here and say I speak for the whole of VB when I say criticism is not always bad, and if constructive, is welcomed.

What we could do without is constant bitching, shit-stirring and sly comments from certain individuals.

Don't like us? Fair enough. Just avoid posting and ruining thread after thread.

It seems to me that you simply don't like some individuals, and use insults like 'bitching' etc to delegitimise them, and to validate your attacks on them.

That's the sort of petty mindedness that alienates people from vb.

' It seems to me that you simply don't like some individuals, and use insults like 'bitching' etc to delegitimise them, and to validate your attacks on them.'

Not at all, they bring it upon themselves by constant sidetracking of VB threads.

VB members on here are not going to stand idly by and watch thread after thread be ruined.

Quite why they see the need to derail every thread is beyond me, as if they have some sort of inferiority complex and need to be noticed.

The 'wee man' syndrome if you like.

' It seems to me that you simply don't like some individuals, and use insults like 'bitching' etc to delegitimise them, and to validate your attacks on them.'

Not at all, they bring it upon themselves by constant sidetracking of VB threads.

VB members on here are not going to stand idly by and watch thread after thread be ruined.

Quite why they see the need to derail every thread is beyond me, as if they have some sort of inferiority complex and need to be noticed.

The 'wee man' syndrome if you like.

Do you realise the irony of a post like this?

6 posts in 3 years and one of them is to have a dig at a member, which continues derailing the thread. yet you have the gall to talk about derailing a thread.

6 posts in 3 years and one of them is to have a dig at a member, which continues derailing the thread. yet you have the gall to talk about derailing a thread.

It's people like him and a few others who have had digs who have came closest to derailing this thread.

Ah you must need a certain amount of posts on here before you can have an oppinion ... :rolleyes:

Care to elaborate?

Where we are now in the bottom league of Scottish Football. We were a club who always paid our way and won Titles and Cups without spending big money. For years we have let people kick us all over the place without any fightback. If you think otherwise then you are deluded, we have ended up going back the way instead of forward. But right enough. we can now only go forward as we have sunk to our low point.

Ah you must need a certain amount of posts on here before you can have an oppinion ... :rolleyes:

No it doesn't but it is nice to be part of the board before voicing opinions about other posters you don't know anything about, except hearsay on another board.