Barry Ferguson

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when he played first time round he was a class act cant argue that. but his return trip for me was pretty much a waste of time.if memory serves me right was he not responsible for a lot of unrest in the dressing room ? that we can do without in these hard times.

when he played first time round he was a class act cant argue that. but his return trip for me was pretty much a waste of time.if memory serves me right was he not responsible for a lot of unrest in the dressing room ? that we can do without in these hard times.

The second time around if I remember right we signed him in the January transfer window, "that lot" signed Bellamy. We went on to win the league so I don't agree it was a total waste of time. I agree with your other comments though. Barry was the ring leader who led the mutiny against Paul Le Guen. I remember the brand of football we played at the start of that season when the players were listening to the instructions, fantastic to watch. If it wasn't for Wee Barry who knows where the team could have been under Paul Le Guen?

Fleetwood are a team spending big to try and make it through the leagues. I also reckon that with current squads they would beat us! Best of luck to him. Would be a luxury player for us and that we dont need right now!

Many a game wee Barry carried the Rangers... mostly always did well against the tarriers... some games played 'crab football'/ but over all Barry was a GREAT Ranger.

No point in Barry coming back now when well past his sell-by date.

Barry WAS a Rangers Great in his time we should leave it at that. (my opinion) He'd probably still be able to do a right decent job, not sure that he'd want to is all.

Thought this taig was banned?

Would not be a good move for him or for Rangers. We need to look forward and Rangers and Barry should rest on the good days that we enjoyed and leave it at that. One thing though, if we get into a habit of selling our best young players for good fees then there would need to be very strong evidence of a production line of similar or better talent coming out of MP otherwise there may come a time when Ally is looking in the rear view mirror for stars from the past to do a turn again. It's one thing selling at the top, another selling when making our way back there and looking to do it at top speed and sales cause a bit of a wobble in progress.

Barry Ferguson should not be playing in the English non leagues at his age. There is no doubt he could do a job for us. He is STILL better than Ian Black is now.

If I could choose to have either Black or Fergie in my team now, it would be Fergie every time. I really struggle to see what Black offers us. Also, the one thing that is missing from our team is a leader. We dont have a leader in or team at all. Barry would do that for us.

I don't see what the big deal about this move is tbh.

At his age Ferguson probably just wants games, regardless of the level that it's at and Fleetwoods chairman is extremely ambitious and with that in mind he is probably more willing to supplement Ferguson's wages than most other clubs in the football league are.

Geographically it's also not too far away from Blackpool, which means less hassle and uprooting for the sake of a few months.

Ferguson was a talented player, but at 34 years old his best days are behind him and his legs have all but gone. We should be looking forwards not backwards.

Also, the one thing that is missing from our team is a leader. We dont have a leader in or team at all.

I'll take exception to that. Jig has been phenomenal. Even before he was made captain he led by example. I couldn't ask for a better Rangers Captain and leader.

Along with Alexander and Wallace.

you'd better ask his big brother derek first to see if he's allowed back, remember he was the one that kept telling him to leave the "biggest club in the world" and head down south, and what good advise that was ? done fuck all when he left and done fuck all when he came back so I don't think he'll do much if he came back again !

I don't think we need another CM. We already have Black, Hutton, McLeod, and McCulloch. What we need is another striker because Kyle and Sandaza are fucking pish. We also need defenders.

fuck, sandaza,I forgot about him, I thought that was a bad dream I had the other day him playing for us :drool: canny wait till he's back partnering kyle up front :drugang: quality signings !