Fraser Aird

jimmy millar

For a young lad not long turned 17, to score the winner for Rangers first team is huge.

Why is anyone knocking him?

He may not be the next big thing, but we will not know for a few years yet.

Let's encourage him and all the rest of the youngsters. These kids will have good and bad days and will learn as they progress.

Again he is not long turned 17 - this was a magic moment for him and all of us - we should be enjoying it not criticizing his every play.

Indeed !

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought he played well when he came on, had a go at the full back and went forward when he could. Kyle Hutton was just passing sideways for the whole game, and the sub gave us more energy going forward.

Wonder if that had anything to do with Black being back in midfield.

Took his goal well but he is terrible, the amount of times he lost possession and put in terrible crosses in the short time he was on the park???? The next greg whylde mark my words!! he will be a nobody in a few years! Sorry if anyone disagrees but he ain't a footballer we must look to improve the quality of personnel. The result seems to have glossed over a terrible performance.

love how people write of 17 years olds with such aplomb. far to early to say if he will

make it or not but shown enough to warrant his time in the team !

Aye sorry chaps, a wee bit off topic there.

Love Fraser Aird.

Didn't see him kissing the badge - I was far too busy hugging everyone around me :21:

Hey whatever floats your boat as they say. Most RM posters are open-minded. You keep hugging strangers at football matches.

Who are we to judge :000000082:

Took his goal well but he is terrible, the amount of times he lost possession and put in terrible crosses in the short time he was on the park???? The next greg whylde mark my words!! he will be a nobody in a few years! Sorry if anyone disagrees but he ain't a footballer we must look to improve the quality of personnel. The result seems to have glossed over a terrible performance.

Let the wee lad get on and learn his trade...he's only 17 and played his second(?) game!! A lot more senior players wouldn't have taken that goal so well!!

Would never have started this thread if I knew it would get bears wired inty one another.The boy came on,showed lots of commitment and scored the winner.I loved the enthuisiasm of his celebration,and his badge kissing.prepared to let him develop a bit more before I loftily sit in judgement of him,using all my great coaching skills,and in depth knowledge of the game.Saved wur bacon,gaun yersel` wee man!

Would never have started this thread if I knew it would get bears wired inty one another.The boy came on,showed lots of commitment and scored the winner.I loved the enthuisiasm of his celebration,and his badge kissing.prepared to let him develop a bit more before I loftily sit in judgement of him,using all my great coaching skills,and in depth knowledge of the game.Saved wur bacon,gaun yersel` wee man!

Threads are here for opinions, some people don't like other peoples views we should all respect that! I have seen aird play hamilton youths over the last 2-3 years and I have not been impressed, hope he proves me wrong. Everyone jumped on the fleck and wylde band wagon all I'm saying is guys don't get your hopes up!

Strangers?

Nah - they were all good Bears - family even :D

Used to love the terraces when we scored you could end up hugging some wee burd or some overweight bloke with a beard............ normally you didnt give a toss 'cause the Gers had just scored. The 'wee Derry' before they turned it into the centenary stand was legend when we scored.

Anyone slagging off or worse young Aird either knows nothing about football or is an attention seeking fanny.

He's a young kid who has travelled to another continent to 'ply his trade'. How many people do that when they are17. Guy needs support, encouragement and mentoring. Looks to have a great future ahead of him as long as the boo boys keep off his back.

love how people write of 17 years olds with such aplomb. far to early to say if he will

make it or not but shown enough to warrant his time in the team !

That's the thing...alot of players, especially wide and or creative players don't gain consistency until their 20's...look at ronaldo (not that I'm comparing the two)

Aird can be hit or miss but with time he could kick on...he has potential. Much better to play these guys now and give them experience.

For a young lad not long turned 17, to score the winner for Rangers first team is huge.

Why is anyone knocking him?

He may not be the next big thing, but we will not know for a few years yet.

Let's encourage him and all the rest of the youngsters. These kids will have good and bad days and will learn as they progress.

Again he is not long turned 17 - this was a magic moment for him and all of us - we should be enjoying it not criticizing his every play.

This, he has at least a good 3 or 4 years before we can even begin to either right him off or say he's going to be a star, at 17 the talent is often raw and he has been compared to Wyled who was about 21 so had an extra 4 years to improve and mature. Aird has great potential and talent is definitely evident at such a young age.

That's the thing...alot of players, especially wide and or creative players don't gain consistency until their 20's...look at ronaldo (not that I'm comparing the two)

Aird can be hit or miss but with time he could kick on...he has potential. Much better to play these guys now and give them experience.

agreed

Honestly mate,his confidence has dipped,and i mentioned he got player of the year to emphasise my point,he just does not want to be a goalie anymore,apart from that off topic i was on the golf section,and noticed you were wanting to play a lot of 9 hole courses,well i have posted some for you on the golf section........

cheers! I thought the golf section was ignoring me.

Threads are here for opinions, some people don't like other peoples views we should all respect that! I have seen aird play hamilton youths over the last 2-3 years and I have not been impressed, hope he proves me wrong. Everyone jumped on the fleck and wylde band wagon all I'm saying is guys don't get your hopes up!

This isn't even close to what you said.

He is not a striker but if that's the way u c it

Teams we have played

Steven Doris Arbroath

Gavin swankie

Lloyd young Montrose

Stuart Leslie Elgin

All players who have impressed me and there is more

In the 1st and 2nd div who are better

And I know steven plays in 2nd division that's off the top of my head

Stem doris has just landed a trial at Birmingham city.... This guy would be great for us

He is not a striker but if that's the way u c it

Teams we have played

Steven Doris Arbroath

Gavin swankie

Lloyd young Montrose

Stuart Leslie Elgin

All players who have impressed me and there is more

In the 1st and 2nd div who are better

And I know steven plays in 2nd division that's off the top of my head

Steven doris has just landed a trial at Birmingham city.... This guy would be great for us