Fraser Aird

jimmy millar

He was superb against Motherwell. Just back from injury and 17 ....your off the mark with this one Ed .. the other muppet that slagged him off is a dick

I wasn't slagging him off, just giving my view on him, hope my view is wrong but as i said superb goal but not sure , if he gets a run of 6 games will answer it.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was superb against Motherwell. Just back from injury and 17 ....your off the mark with this one Ed .. the other muppet that slagged him off is a dick

Nae bother wee sacks to many people accepting any old dross he is never a football player! Come back to me when he is 21 playing non league football ya tadger if u or anyone else can't spot that he's mince you don't have a footballing brain.... Fuck me 17 and u can't use yer left foot get a grip ya fucking nonce!

I don't agree with that....if you have skill then doesn't matter if you are playing against same age group or seasoned pros..........the only difference is stamina, and you only get that by playing at the higher level..........my own view as mentioned on Aird is that I think he is the weakest out of this batch........his goal was stunning no problem in saying that................also could see where the other poster who thought of him like Wylde , was coming from.

It might not be shite in the case of Aird but it's shite in general. In this country we would do well to look at the likes of Spain, where players rarely become regulars in the first-team until they are 18 or 19, because their clubs know that they aren't physically, technically or emotionally mature enough when they are younger.

Plenty of players who blew everyone away at 16 or 17 have faded into obscurity. Plenty more didn't seem that special when they were youngsters and blossomed into world-beaters.

thats true Ed,but we are where we are and the boys are now being given a chance to impress (in frasers case perhaps before he is ready)....but we must encourage the lad to do well,too many on here judging the boy on a few games where the team is general weren't at their best.....as i said he doesnt have the skill to beat a man the way barrie does but with proper coaching and management he can add a whole lot more to his game,maybe if he gets a run down the right he might be able to contribute more?

It might not be shite in the case of Aird but it's shite in general. In this country we would do well to look at the likes of Spain, where players rarely become regulars in the first-team until they are 18 or 19, because their clubs know that they aren't physically, technically or emotionally mature enough when they are younger.

Plenty of players who blew everyone away at 16 or 17 have faded into obscurity. Plenty more didn't seem that special when they were youngsters and blossomed into world-beaters.

We had years ago a captain of the England under 19s and also the captain of the England u 21s, who one got a couple of games and the under 19 got hee haw............have seen many a good prospect not being allowed to prove his worth with us..............I know we get the old where are they now............well again many of them that played with us , were lost to the game, just totally gutted.

Took the goal brilliantly and celebrated like he had scored a cup final winner, the way you should when you have scored the winner for the jersey. Pulled a few out the shite he did especially sandancer who had the chance of the match but those clowns feet always seem to get in the road. Well done the youngster, and as for him being this or that, to early to say, lot of water to go under the bridge before we are settled as a team ! (tu):sherlock:

thats true Ed,but we are where we are and the boys are now being given a chance to impress (in frasers case perhaps before he is ready)....but we must encourage the lad to do well,too many on here judging the boy on a few games where the team is general weren't at their best.....as i said he doesnt have the skill to beat a man the way barrie does but with proper coaching and management he can add a whole lot more to his game,maybe if he gets a run down the right he might be able to contribute more?

Listen he is never going to be good enough end of story, I'm grateful for his goal today and he took it well. In my opinion you have it or you don't and he doesn't have it so bring on the negativity he's on 17 etc but fuck me he's shit! The best player we have brought through in my lifetime was Charlie miller who although lacking pace could still control a game and in my opinion if he wasn't a bevvy merchant was 10 times the player of ferguson! The future is wee Barrie, McLeod and crawford. Yer hegertys perrys and airds should not be wearing our great strip!!! Say what u like but these boys never will have it to play for the most successful team in the world! I could pick better players we have played against this year!

Took his goal well but he is terrible, the amount of times he lost possession and put in terrible crosses in the short time he was on the park???? The next greg whylde mark my words!! he will be a nobody in a few years! Sorry if anyone disagrees but he ain't a footballer we must look to improve the quality of personnel. The result seems to have glossed over a terrible performance.

Just a big bucket of fun you are.

He isn't at the same level as the other youngsters yet, but he has had quite a bit less gametime than the other youngsters on the park right now.

I agree with ED that he is one of the weaker of the crop of kids, but andys comments about him "never being a footballer" "non-league football" "terrible" being used to describe a 17 yr old lad that has been thrown into the 1st team of one of the biggest teams in the world, are nothing short of shocking.

The pressure he is under to perform is immense and he needs a good amount more games before he should be written off as terrible. Too many football fans are far too quick to write off players as pish, when in reality thats just wrong.

And isn't Wylde now playing in the premiership?

Tell me about it after freezing my chuckies aff watching that today! Just left the black bull in cambuslang after toasting them back to normality at the fire! In all seriousness I'm happy for the boy but let's be honest here

Yeah, let us be honest. He is a kid, not even 18 yet. He is also a striker being played on the wing. It would be ridiculous to write him off already.

ok andy...fire off half a dozen players who play (out of position)down the left who are better than Fraser at this level? names,clubs etc...i'm not saying the boy is brilliant but he deserves a bit of protection from internet boo boys who act like spoilt brats cos he isnt the finished article....

Yeah, let us be honest. He is a kid, not even 18 yet. He is also a striker being played on the wing. It would be ridiculous to write him off already.

He is not a striker but if that's the way u c it

Teams we have played

Steven Doris Arbroath

Gavin swankie

Lloyd young Montrose

Stuart Leslie Elgin

All players who have impressed me and there is more

In the 1st and 2nd div who are better

And I know steven plays in 2nd division that's off the top of my head