Green Warns Authorities Not To Set Precedent

StornowayBlue

Some of these clubs have completely different expectations from Rangers fans. Clubs like Livingston, Hamilton, Raith Rovers etc know when they are in the Premier League, they are there on borrowed time. Ross County and Inverness will go, and be gone for a long time. That wouldn't be a crisis for these clubs.

you are right with them clubs , I'm on about the main clubs in spl

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The SFA and SPL Clubs made up rules as they went along with the sole purpose of killing Rangers.They failed.

They have set a precedent.

While CG may be talking sense on this issue I will never forget nor forgive what others made my club endure this year.

The same rules apply to all.I will not change my opinion unless the SFA apologise for their ill considered actions and offer some kind of recompense for the damage done to Rangers.

I want to see Rangers back in the top tier of Scottish football,and do not agree that they should move to England.If this happens I will not set foot in another away ground until the same period has elapsed that Rangers were out of the top tier in Scotland.

Pardon me if I'm wrong here, but didn't all those chairmen, fans and the SPL and SFA all say sporting integrity forced them to act, no matter how much they "regretted" it ?

Those same rules still apply and must be followed to the letter regardless of consequences. If hapless clubs go out of business so be it. There are far too many clubs in scotland as it is.

Hearts have already benefitted at least twice from lenient enforcement of the rules, despite the powers that be all saying they couldn't make exceptions.

It seems they can only make exceptions when its an exceptional case not involving Rangers.

Charlie's just making it more difficult for them to do it again.

......Talking exclusively to the Gazette he said “I think that’d be a disaster. Rangers are huge and could weather that storm but I don’t know if there are any other clubs in Scotland who, if they were faced with the same challenge, could recover. It’d be very, very wrong and foolish to think they have to do the same to other clubs that they did to Rangers. - He's telling the SPL/SFA that although they tried to destroy Rangers, they failed because we are too strong for them. He is also reinforcing the fact that their actions were 'very, very wrong and foolish',

“ I would definitely not want this to be a precedent for any other misdemeanours and of course there will be as there is no chance in the world we won’t see other Scottish clubs fall foul of the financial difficulties. - He is being clever here, it's a challenge to them as they will have to justify their decisions if they do not enforce the same sanctions on other clubs, and if they don't, they will basically have to admit what they did to us was wrong. By adopting a conciliatory approach, siding with the clubs who fall into financial difficulties he will gain their support and weaken the campaign against us.

With league reconstruction the hot topic on the lips of Scottish football Green took the time to urge authorities to take their time when making any decisions.

“Reconstruction is the real key now but for all of Scottish football and not just for Rangers . The powers that be must get it right this time and we can’t keep messing. Whatever we do has to be well thought out. I don’t think from my discussions that whether the configuration is 12-12-18 or 18-12-12 or even 14-14-14, I think there are pros and cons for all proposals.

“However the concern for most people is that it isn’t rushed through and we don’t have a situation where we change in haste and then repent in leisure because there are lots of things that need to be done.

“We need to get rules right, corporate structure and governance right. Who is going to administer this business, sponsors, broadcasters. There are lots of questions and not about who is in each division.

“ I firmly believe that’s a secondary question as the primaryis all about structure and governance as that needs to be in a way where its transparent and all the fans and all the executives can understand what the body is and what format they are playing in.” - He is acting as the voice of reason here, if they pull back it solves the problem of Rangers being stuck in the bottom 18, if they push it through for next season and it's an epic fail he can say 'I told you so'. He looks good they look like the clowns they are, especially to the sponsors and broadcasters and don't be kidded, Sky will have a big say in what they want the leagues to look like.

Yes, Mr Green is being very clever here, there's more than one way to skin a cat!

The rules are the rules and they made some up as they went along but these are now the rules. So, on the basis of equal treatment, if they break the rules as we were supposed to have broken the rules, then the same punishments should be given.

There is a storm ahead for Scottish football and some will not survive it. Strangely some of the teams that may not have been that successful (Dundee) may do better as their fans accept the new situation but teams that see them selves as a big noise (Hearts); their fans may find this difficult and not attend.

Rangers will be the club that will be the exception; demotion and the crowds go up, a very big noise and the fans accept the new reality. All the other clubs in Scotland would give their eye teeth for supporters like the Rangers support including Septic; if they went down I think they would not return for over a decade as their supporters would just not turn up and they are the second biggest club in Scotland. If our positions were reversed Ibrox would still have full crowds but what would Septic’s be. Lets hope this happens.

Couple of points. If they follow the same procedure, the SPL chairmen could vote the stricken club to be allowed to stay in the SPL despite the fact they voted us out. But, this may not be necessary as the club, say hertz for example, may just cease to exist, that would be tragic, wouldn't it..

I think he's stirring. Of course they have to treat all clubs the same but watch this space when the time comes.

I agree with this. Nothing Green or Rangers say will have any bearing on how other clubs in trouble are dealt with in the future. Green is being cute here by publicly saying we never wished that on anyone.

......Talking exclusively to the Gazette he said “I think that’d be a disaster. Rangers are huge and could weather that storm but I don’t know if there are any other clubs in Scotland who, if they were faced with the same challenge, could recover. It’d be very, very wrong and foolish to think they have to do the same to other clubs that they did to Rangers. - He's telling the SPL/SFA that although they tried to destroy Rangers, they failed because we are too strong for them. He is also reinforcing the fact that their actions were 'very, very wrong and foolish',

“ I would definitely not want this to be a precedent for any other misdemeanours and of course there will be as there is no chance in the world we won’t see other Scottish clubs fall foul of the financial difficulties. - He is being clever here, it's a challenge to them as they will have to justify their decisions if they do not enforce the same sanctions on other clubs, and if they don't, they will basically have to admit what they did to us was wrong. By adopting a conciliatory approach, siding with the clubs who fall into financial difficulties he will gain their support and weaken the campaign against us.

With league reconstruction the hot topic on the lips of Scottish football Green took the time to urge authorities to take their time when making any decisions.

“Reconstruction is the real key now but for all of Scottish football and not just for Rangers . The powers that be must get it right this time and we can’t keep messing. Whatever we do has to be well thought out. I don’t think from my discussions that whether the configuration is 12-12-18 or 18-12-12 or even 14-14-14, I think there are pros and cons for all proposals.

“However the concern for most people is that it isn’t rushed through and we don’t have a situation where we change in haste and then repent in leisure because there are lots of things that need to be done.

“We need to get rules right, corporate structure and governance right. Who is going to administer this business, sponsors, broadcasters. There are lots of questions and not about who is in each division.

“ I firmly believe that’s a secondary question as the primaryis all about structure and governance as that needs to be in a way where its transparent and all the fans and all the executives can understand what the body is and what format they are playing in.” - He is acting as the voice of reason here, if they pull back it solves the problem of Rangers being stuck in the bottom 18, if they push it through for next season and it's an epic fail he can say 'I told you so'. He looks good they look like the clowns they are, especially to the sponsors and broadcasters and don't be kidded, Sky will have a big say in what they want the leagues to look like.

Yes, Mr Green is being very clever here, there's more than one way to skin a cat!

This is exactly how I see it. Like CG, I'm really only interested in what happens to Rangers. That said, should any other club find themselves in the predicament that befell us, I will watch with avid interest as to how they are treated and should there be even a hint that the "authorities" take a differing view to what they did with us, then I along with CG and the entire Rangers support will be asking why. As far as I'm concerned the precedent has already been set ~ and in the interests of "sporting integrity" I want to see it imposed on the rest.

Scottish football association & clubs decided what was fair & fitting sanctions when they handed them out to us' under the guise of sporting integrity . We thought they were harsh in the extreme, but other clubs still consider them just, well so be it I would expect that the punishment ( Legal & illegal) handed out to us is now set in stone for the rest. If they don't survive so be it , no one gave the thought that we may perish a second thought so as the saying goes "Whats good for the goose is good for the gander" lets just let these other clubs suck it up

I disagree with Green on this.A precedent was made with us and in my opinion it is fitting that we all have the same punishments,isnt that integrity? Why should there be one punishment specially reserved for Rangers but another club doing the same should have a lesser punishment.No way.