Ibrox & asbestos

markybear

Copland road, govan stand, broomloan road stands all recently built using asbestos??? not a chance....main stand build too long ago for asbestos to be used.........and £10 million to clear asbestos lol red road flats were riddled and cost nowhere near that to clear.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heard a radio caller make a serious claim tonight.

he reckoned ibrox was riddled with asbestos. With a possible expense of £10mill to get rid of it.

Is this common knowledge, rumour/speculation or as yet unknown?. I think he was a Tim but not sure, didn't catch the whole call.

Not great if accurate, anyone shed some light?

You were listening to a person who has been deluded, molested, neglected, underfed, mentally insane, brainwashed (not necessarily in that order) for the whole of their life, best not to take their word for it, all will become clearer as you get older, trust me I'm not a doctor ! (tu);):sherlock:

You were listening to a person who has been deluded, molested, neglected, underfed, mentally insane, brainwashed (not necessarily in that order) for the whole of their life, best not to take their word for it, all will become clearer as you get older, trust me I'm not a doctor ! (tu);):sherlock:

Glad we got that cleared up.

There are two types White that was used in roof sheeting mostly which is not dangerous and blue which is extremely dangerous, They stopped using blue in the middle sixties so it wont be in any of the three more modern stands and the main would not have had it when built as it was not in use at that time, all in all a complete load of shite.

I was going to post that it was a late 50's and 60's thing not 80's when the ground was re-built.

There are two types White that was used in roof sheeting mostly which is not dangerous and blue which is extremely dangerous, They stopped using blue in the middle sixties so it wont be in any of the three more modern stands and the main would not have had it when built as it was not in use at that time, all in all a complete load of shite.

Exactly. The Copland, Broomloan and Govan were built between 1978 and 1981, and the Main Stand was completely renovated in 1991.

Sounds like more shite from Timmy.

I hate to admit that I did listen to about half an hour of the phone in tonight....the fact this salivating tim is even being discussed on here is a joke! He was desperate to insinuate rangers were going out of business just like the next caller telling everyone all about rangers finances and accounts,....

This is why losing green is such a bad thing because these rabid, obsessed cretins will stoop lower than you could imagine and devote their lives to trying to sling mud at our club and despite his flaws finally we had someone in green who defended us and gave a bit back, which they hated....

Sad day when we are starting threads based on the moronic fantasies of a tim on radio catholic!

There's actually three main types and like blue the brown is higher risk also. I heard the guy and as others have said, he's just a sad, deluded obsessed bigot.

Blue (crocidolite) and Brown (amosite) asbestos were not banned in the UK until 1985.

Asbestos was still widely used in the ship building industry until early 80s.

White/Grey asbestos (chrysotile) was not banned until 1999 and was heavily used in the building game.

I too come into contact with asbestos at work and have done handling courses for old asbestos rope seals etc.

I do know that if undamaged its not a hazard.

I do reckon its nonsense and scaremongering. It seems they'll stop at no length too harm rangers