Has Dave Smith ever written an Autobiography?

BarneyRabble

I notice that Tommy McLean has an autobiography coming out soon which would mean a good percentage of the Barca 72 side have written a book. I'm not sure if Davie Smith has or has not

Have written

Jardine

Greig

Johnstone

McLean

Stein

MacDonald

Johnston

Have not as yet

McCloy

Mathieson

Conn ( this is another one i'm surprised has not written a book due to the blob on his CV)

Best player on the park in '72

No mean feat as we had some talented players in that team.

Was too young to fully appreciate Dave Smith but still remember how he hit accurate passes of all distances all day long.

When i think of Dave Smith the word Elegant always springs to mind.

I see Dave in Bar 72. Nice bloke. Driving a taxi in Arbroath I believe.Shame for these old boys who would in the premiership earning £100K per week if they were 40 years younger.

Driving a taxi in Arbroath?

I'm sure someone who has answered this thread already will tell you thats a lot of bollocks

Driving a taxi in Arbroath?

I'm sure someone who has answered this thread already will tell you thats a lot of bollocks

I could be mistaken, but I was sure that's what he told me. Could be wrong about the town. If I'm wrong I'm wrong but most players from that era have had to work beyond their football careers, and many of them have had fairly menial / normal jobs. They didn't get paid that much more than the normal working man.

Dave Smith was a player and yet - never (unless I'm mistaken) got a Scotland cap! The talent he had - watch some of his passing in the Barcelona final and notice the way he swept up at the back - it amazes me he never had at least 20 caps!

Dave Smith was a player and yet - never (unless I'm mistaken) got a Scotland cap! The talent he had - watch some of his passing in the Barcelona final and notice the way he swept up at the back - it amazes me he never had at least 20 caps!

Primarily a left sided midfielder, Smith started his playing career for Aberdeen and moved to Rangers in August 1966 for a fee of £50,000. During his time at Ibrox, he made 303 appearances winning the Scottish League Cup in 1971, the Scottish Cup in 1973 and, most notably, the UEFA Cup Winners' Cup in 1972. That year, he was voted the Scottish Football Writers' Association's Player of the year. During his time at Rangers he collected two Scottish caps.