Top 20 European Super League on Talksport

nachothelegend

Galatasaray chairman calling for this to be rolled out.

With or without UEFA.

Wants a Top 20 Tier locked in no Prom or Relegation.

Where would this leave us and the Mhanks?

Saying it will happen and has been getting discussed by big European Teams.

Interesting I think those Bastards in the East will worm their way in to this even though their Ranked 50 something.

We are at present 79 Ranked.

Wants it in by 2018.

Admin move this if you feel the need but it involves us.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think to be in with any chance we'd have to be at the top of the Premier League (which we should be by 2018).

Unsure if we'd even make the top 20 then - It would probably be like at least 6 from England as it is, 2/3 from Spain, 2/3 from Germany, 3/4 from Italy, 2 from Holland, 1/2 from France etc.

I think to be in with any chance we'd have to be at the top of the Premier League (which we should be by 2018).

Unsure if we'd even make the top 20 then - It would probably be like at least 6 from England as it is, 2/3 from Spain, 2/3 from Germany, 3/4 from Italy, 2 from Holland, 1/2 from France etc.

Np he is talking about the present top 20 going alone.

Locked in no Promo or Relegation.

That's it.

Shot format if you ask me.

Wants a breakaway mate wether UEFA agree or not.

Cash talks mate it's quite simple.

The FA's not uefa.

I'd imagine there is a clause in the sky deal if these teams pull out then they won't be owed any money.

It won't happen. This is to get a revamped CL imo

There are 20 clubs who would be considered and accepted before us and them, in all honesty.

Man United, Barca, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, Dortmund, PSG, Juve, Milan, Arsenal, Chelsea etc etc.

Can't see either of us leaving Scottish Football any time soon.

The G14 group has been quiet recently, so thought this had been forgotten. Don't forget its more about the economics these days than sporting integrity, and that the TV companies are the biggest players.

If a TV company and a few of the biggest clubs brokered a deal it could get interesting.

Saddens me to remember Rangers (and unfortunately the tims) were guaranteed top 30 clubs in Europe status back in the 60s and 70s, and even in to the 80s.

Regarding the Galatasary chairman it is likely he is knee jerking to the recent 6-1 defeat at home by Real.

I think some thing like this will appear as a revamp of the CL. But it would need to be able to get other teams in it and not a locked membership. This could be the opening position to be negociated around with how to get promotion into it the thorny question.

At the start of the season Galatasaray were ranked 44th in UEFA rankings. After the top 20, some of the clubs not in that elite group were Spurs, Juventus, PSG, PSV, Man City, Liverpool, Ajax, Stuttgart, Napoli, Anderlecht and Dinamo Kiev. I can't see the TV companies leaving these teams out. The low-life mob were 58 and we were 79.

At the start of the season Galatasaray were ranked 44th in UEFA rankings. After the top 20, some of the clubs not in that elite group were Spurs, Juventus, PSG, PSV, Man City, Liverpool, Ajax, Stuttgart, Napoli, Anderlecht and Dinamo Kiev. I can't see the TV companies leaving these teams out. The low-life mob were 58 and we were 79.

TV would look at it commercially, choosing teams that would attract most viewers.

What would the point of the league be? Would be utter shite.

Ok, bigger amounts of cash for finishing higher up in the league, but what drama would you get from a league where there was no risk of relegation? And how shite would a title race be, knowing there's be no reward at the end of it (ie. european football), cos you'd alreayd be playing European football all the time?

Shite