Mccoist must be loving the circus going on right now

GOAT

If we hadnt won the SPL by now then no. We'll never know how it would've panned out though unfortunately.

The writing was well on the wall, out of four cups and throwing away a great chance at the league.

Not many Rangers managers would have survived that first season or not

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think the "fans" would have rallied around the club in the manner they have if the manager was someone they had never heard of and who hadn't mostly high wage SPL players with the aim of getting back to the top as soon as possible.

How much do you think Guardiola would have wanted to manage a Scottish 3rd division club where the fans would jump on his back at the first dropped point?

I think the company that previously owned Rangers made more money from Ally than he ever took from them, how many of his goals have directly benefitted our club, how many goals of his won cups, titles C/L money, what about his merchandise books, dvds posters and strips then when he was assistant to Walter we had more cups, 3 titles and Europa cup final. not a bad return in my book, some of the memories Ally has provided me with have been priceless :thumbup:

Since Newco for me. was the absolute clincher for me to return, up until he backed Green (with so much media spin on us being dead and the wanks that never tuped) I was so confused, then once he backed them, I was in. I have had some incredible highs in my life due to my club, the day I walked into Ibrox against East Fife will live with me for a long, long time after Mr McCoist has left (tu)

I follow Rangers, this for me means I back whoever is in charge :mccoist:

But let's ignore some terrible errors by players (naismith missed a number of chances he should've scored and Whittaker just played the cunt) for a dig at McCoist.

The buck stops with the manager, Whittaker and Bougherra were cunts that night without a doubt but we should have never been 1-0 down from a home leg

The buck stops with the manager, Whittaker and Bougherra were cunts that night without a doubt but we should have never been 1-0 down from a home leg

It does, but the way some go on you'd think McCoist was responsible for it when the players should, but haven't really, taken a share of the flak.

Well I remember I was incredibly angry with those two that night anyway

Yeah that night. But the flak was quickly shifted towards McCoist. Even the very best managers can't do much about players being sent off or missing chances they would tend to score

Yeah that night. But the flak was quickly shifted towards McCoist. Even the very best managers can't do much about players being sent off or missing chances they would tend to score

The buck has to stop with him, even when it comes to lack of discipline of players. You can blame the players as well but McCoist can't be absolved of responsibility.

Funnily, going by the targets mentioned in the 127 day review, the cups come a distant second to the league. So it seems the board are happy with the job he is doing.

The Board are not Rangers fans.

They have no experience of what it means to be a bear and our ambitions for our club.

He seems to have acquired the ability to put on the cloak of being a Manager for all seasons. Quite whether he can deliver promotion next season will, I suspect, be a very massive challenge for him. For the sake of the Club, I hope he can. At times he seems to be able to have it all ways with the Boards and critics of Boards that he has had to deal with. The thing with having it all ways is that at some time the risk emerges of having no ways.

We'll see soon enough if his talents, skill, and ability as Manager of Rangers will be good enough to deliver for next season. I'm sure he knows better than most how important this season is for the Club and for the Manager himself.

McCoist has cost more than any board member past or present with his lack of forward thinking and will continue to do so until removed not to mention people not renewing due to his abysmal football

honestly?

sdm? whyte? these names ring any bells to you. mccoist doesnt sign checks. yes he should be doing things differently but opinions like this are unbelievable.

the job( bad job) allys doing at the moment is not even in the top 10 bad things that have happened at/to our club in the last five yrs never mind ever.

people need a serious reality check. many teams outside the top division have won a cup(exc ramsden) in the last 50 yrs? just because we are rangers does not mean we should have automatically won cups in the past 2 yrs. we are in turmoil and it will take time for us to return to where we belong and should be. when the support finally relise this and accept it will take time then maybe we can all pull in 1 direction and the transition back to glory will come sooner rather than later, at this current moment it will be yrs b4 we return to our rightful place and the more fighting/seperation thats happens the longer it will take.

calm heads and patience are what is lacking most at this time and is going to cause us severe problems in the imediate future. my personal opinion of the job ally has done and is doing are of no importance atm. until a man emerges who has the funds to buy and run rangers correctly comes along we are going to lurch from problem to problem.

Well that of course is a real possible outcome for the foreseeable future. The board or whoever is in charge has to take into account the man’s record at some point though, he simply cannot trudge on pretending to be a manager for years surely?

We won’t even get near to touch the bheasts with Ally in charge and that’s just a fact, he had a title winning squad at his disposal and still managed to fluff it despite having a 15 point lead that went to 9 (which is still 3 games). People keep going on about the stats and how we didn’t get beat in the league but the same people conveniently forget we got put out the cup by Forfar, easily beaten by United in first gear, embarrassed in a cup final by a lower league side while also having to go through a replay to a club I can’t even recall. That’s just this season never mind the 2 previous disasters he has led us through.

It’s bad enough with all the shit happening off the park but when we can’t even get a team on the park to cheer the fans on it really is not good enough, the higher we get the more the embarrassment will occur with him in charge, we know this just by looking at his shambolic record.

It’s Greig all over again and IF the people in charge don’t do whats needed it will end up the fans will hound him out if he continues to stand there looking daft while teams make a mockery of our name.

Greig? Try the real life re-enactment of Mike Bassett and that isn't even a joke

:lol:

Yeah, the man is just that snide and hates the club just that much. 20 years of service have proved that.

Handsomely compensated at levels multiple times higher than he'd get anywhere else on this planet during a time when we were struggling financially and playing bloody posties.