Lynsey Sharp

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big Jock Knew is nothing to do with the moral outrage about the cover up at Celtic park rather it's about point scoring over their rivals as labelling someone a child molester is an insult like no other.

You're falling into the same trap as others.

Intelligent people can separate the tragedy that is child abuse, about which there is no call for point scoring, and the covering up of child abuse, They who would cover it up want you to find it abhorrent to even discuss it, thats the mechanics of how a cover up works.

33 guests in this topic, the lawyers and the SFA must be watching us.

Well if the press want to obliquely, via feigned outrage at a tweet, bring this back into the public domain once more then so be it. I can't see the rest of Britain being happy about a champion athlete being treated like shit over a case which was in the papers and referenced in court documents when it comes to light.

As for the singing of the song, couldn't give a shit, they have show no remorse for the denials and alleged cover ups, brought a suspected Paedo back into their club years after he was kicked out and then had to kick him out again without reporting once to the authorities. Even past managers have referenced it in their bloody autobiographies! Let them try their best to get at the woman, sue the fuckers for bringing her name into disrepute for their own clubs past actions.

Sounds much like a certain global organisation I know controlled by a wee place in Italy, three fucking monkeys has nothing on these rancid fuckers.

Nope, I'm sorry, I just didn't get where you were coming from.

Could you repeat it please.

:thumbup:

Would be nice to think people actually cared so much about child sexual abuse, if they did it wouldn't be so prevalent. Big Jock Knew is nothing to do with the moral outrage about the cover up at Celtic park rather it's about point scoring over their rivals as labelling someone a child molester is an insult like no other.

No one is being labelled a child molester as you well know, the song is about the cover up of child abuse and moreover the hypocrisy of a club who portray themselves as a club with the highest moral standards and the way they apply these high moral standards to everyone but themselves.

Would be nice to think people actually cared so much about child sexual abuse, if they did it wouldn't be so prevalent. Big Jock Knew is nothing to do with the moral outrage about the cover up at Celtic park rather it's about point scoring over their rivals as labelling someone a child molester is an insult like no other.

Definitely.

I'm sure child abuse wouldn't be as widespread if more people cared about it, well said.

You going to stop child abuse by staying silent are you matey?

What's that quote "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing", singing a song is doing something and if the rancid little fuckers feel shame and want to deflect let them feel the shame from their heads to their toes. Most football fans I know don't own a paper or are lawyers affluent enough to bring a court case on historical precedence so can't see much else we can do but shame the fuckers. The fact we love rubbing their nose in it is neither here nor there, we are not condoning the act, we are making sure the act is not hidden under that ever increasing bulge under the carpet.

That may help in curtailing the actions of a club and an organisation when people actually start asking serious questions.

No one is being labelled a child molester as you well know, the song is about the cover up of child abuse and moreover the hypocrisy of a club who portray themselves as a club with the highest moral standards and the way they apply these high moral standards to everyone but themselves.

the point I'm making is that for too many fans the moral outrage about the cover up is disingenuous. Of course it's not the same for everyone but for too many it's about point scoring and feeling you're better than your rivals. How many of these individuals shouting bjk have the same interest in the Westminster paedophile cover up which is on a much larger scale and even involves child being murdered by people running the country?

You going to stop child abuse by staying silent are you matey?

What's that quote "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing", singing a song is doing something and if the rancid little fuckers feel shame and want to deflect let them feel the shame from their heads to their toes. Most football fans I know don't own a paper or are lawyers affluent enough to bring a court case on historical precedence so can't see much else we can do but shame the fuckers. The fact we love rubbing their nose in it is neither here nor there, we are not condoning the act, we are making sure the act is not hidden under that ever increasing bulge under the carpet.

That may help in curtailing the actions of a club and an organisation when people actually start asking serious questions.

for goodness sake if you're going to comment on my post at least read what i said

the point I'm making is that for too many fans the moral outrage about the cover up is disingenuous. Of course it's not the same for everyone but for too many it's about point scoring and feeling you're better than your rivals. How many of these individuals shouting bjk have the same interest in the Westminster paedophile cover up which is on a much larger scale and even involves child being murdered by people running the country?

Same bloody outrage but we cannot go into fucking parliament and sing about it now can we? All we can get from that mob was an independent Chair from the other side of the world to act as the head of the enquiry. That in itself is a result considering she is known to not have a great reputation for being bullied by authority.

Where's the neutral enquiries of the other scandal or add in a certain cardinal and other suspected priests.

There is no scale of disgust.100% sure all those who are aware of the scandal unfolding at Westminster find it every bit as abhorrent as what happened at ceptic.

Except ceptic fans that is, who, where their own club is concerned are shamed and disgusted by nothing.

Same bloody outrage but we cannot go into fucking parliament and sing about it now can we? All we can get from that mob was an independent Chair from the other side of the world to act as the head of the enquiry. That in itself is a result considering she is known to not have a great reputation for being bullied by authority.

Where's the neutral enquiries of the other scandal or add in a certain cardinal and other suspected priests.

i agree with what you're saying but you're still missing the point of what I'm saying

If I'm honest the slogan is quite a flippant way to raise this issue but the deflection, denial and mock disgust from the Celtic-minded and the mainstream media when this subject is aired in any way is the biggest joke. The slogan may be distasteful too some but the bottom line is that it almost certainly true.

It is quite clear that JS was aware of the goings on at Parkhead and was at least partly complicit in the cover up (which still goes on til this day, it would appear). If the evidence presented in the court case didn't make this clear enough, for years we've had to listen to all the stories from the old football scribes waxing lyrical about big Jock, the doyen of Scottish football, the big shrewdie, who knew everything and anything that was going on. How does the story go, that whenever Rangers had a new signing or good news story during the late 60s/70s, big Jock would find out about and make sure he released a story to the press to trump it. Or McIlvannie's often told story about wee Jinky telling him big Jock knew what he was up to because he had spies in the 'noggin', the punchline being that the noggin was Johnstone's local pub not his head. It's hard to reconcile the big Jock spoke about in these stories with the person we are now being told didn't know what was going on under his nose at Parkhead for three decades.

I know it's easy for an anonymous Joe Public like myself to criticise but if Lynsey is going to stick her neck out, she would be better staying the course and fighting her corner on the issue. Raising the issue and then backing down is only playing into the other mobs hands.

Remind us all - what were the origins of the BJK slogan ?

If Jock Stein was a Muslim you'd be telling us all that he dindu nuffin and was a victim of our foreign policy.

Now that the forum troll is here it's time to evacuate.

Abandon_858da6_2442859.gif

If I'm honest the slogan is quite a flippant way to raise this issue but the deflection, denial and mock disgust from the Celtic-minded and the mainstream media when this subject is aired in any way is the biggest joke. The slogan may be distasteful too some but the bottom line is that it almost certainly true.

It is quite clear that JS was aware of the goings on at Parkhead and was at least partly complicit in the cover up (which still goes on til this day, it would appear). If the evidence presented in the court case didn't make this clear enough, for years we've had to listen to all the stories from the old football scribes waxing lyrical about big Jock, the doyen of Scottish football, the big shrewdie, who knew everything and anything that was going on. How does the story go, that whenever Rangers had a new signing or good news story during the late 60s/70s, big Jock would find out about and make sure he released a story to the press to trump it. Or McIlvannie's often told story about wee Jinky telling him big Jock knew what he was up to because he had spies in the 'noggin', the punchline being that the noggin was Johnstone's local pub not his head. It's hard to reconcile the big Jock spoke about in these stories with the person we are now being told didn't know what was going on under his nose at Parkhead for three decades.

I know it's easy for an anonymous Joe Public like myself to criticise but if Lynsey is going to stick her neck out, she would be better staying the course and fighting her corner on the issue. Raising the issue and then backing down is only playing into the other mobs hands.

Good Post, especially your final paragraph.

i agree with what you're saying but you're still missing the point of what I'm saying

I certainly agree I am missing your point entirely. In fact I think we are not even in the same ballpark of having points because if yours was "we should keep our dignity and this is distasteful and not the Rangers way" I would certainly suggest most vociferously that playing with kiddies is a damn sight less dignified that signing a song.

Please let me know if I am reading you wrongly in your posts.

Even if it was about point scoring and disingenuous then if the issue of child abuse being covered up at that club is being highlighted then that's preferable to it not being highlighted at all surely?