One Passage Of Play.

Clemdog

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to wind it back a few seconds more coz I think it was a pass from Wallace to the keeper before the clip started and I'm not sure how it got to Wallace so might have been a bit more possession.

As soon as he scored it though I said to my brother in law that it was a flash of genius from Walsh that created it. That control, spirit, touch and turn for such a young boy on such an occasion shows exactly why he should be starting.

Had the pleasure of being in his company in Hong Kong a few years back and you could tell he was destined for bigger things. (tu)

I didn't know much of Warburton, like most, until he started to get attention in the media in England by shocking them into reporting his attitude to the game and Soccer AM done a piece on him.

The Brentford fan who posted on here told us what to expect. He was absolutely bang on the money so far and I've no doubt his club are hurting by losing their manager. I wish them well in the future.

The way MW has stamped his approach to football is not just refreshing for Rangers fans, the possibilities are far reaching in the overall Scottish game. How many games do we all watch where teams "park the bus"? It's more important not to lose than to win! This attitude has been taken as the norm in Scottish football for too long, even though we are supposed to have the best of coaching facilities at Inverclyde with many high profile managers passing through! They may well be the current badge providers, but like all other things in this footballing nation, it's not cutting the cloth anymore.

"Refreshing" football just doesn't cover it!

I'll be more than happy to take Warburtons' attitude to football over a defensive minded manager any day of the week as long as we keep winning, because that stuff we are playing is brilliant entertainment and fantastic football.

The part of your post I underlined might be true of a large percentage of Brentford fans, but certainly not some of their players going by the interview done on BBC London 94.9 by their centre-back (and sometimes captain) Harlee Dean who was less than complimentary about the style of play/tactics of MW last season and seems to be happy he has gone.

As far as I'm concerned Brentfords' loss is definitely our gain :clap::pipe:

Problem now is we have all become addicts, we played Friday night and we are all on a high over our brilliant performance, now its Sunday the withdrawal symptoms are starting and we have to wait a week for our next fix, I will be climbing the wall by time we get to next Sunday. Its going to be a looooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggg weeeeeeeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkkkkkk.

I'll be more than happy to take Warburtons' attitude to football over a defensive minded manager any day of the week as long as we keep winning, because that stuff we are playing is brilliant entertainment and fantastic football.

The part of your post I underlined might be true of a large percentage of Brentford fans, but certainly not some of their players going by the interview done on BBC London 94.9 by their centre-back (and sometimes captain) Harlee Dean who was less than complimentary about the style of play/tactics of MW last season and seems to be happy he has gone.

As far as I'm concerned Brentfords' loss is definitely our gain :clap::pipe:

He sounds like a centre half who doesn't like having to do his job and his comments about set pieces bear no resemblance to what we've seen so far. Maybe he's sucking up to the new guy as he's in his last year of contract.

It will be interesting to see how Brentford fare this season. First game didn't sound that promising for them.

He sounds like a centre half who doesn't like having to do his job and his comments about set pieces bear no resemblance to what we've seen so far. Maybe he's sucking up to the new guy as he's in his last year of contract.

It will be interesting to see how Brentford fare this season. First game didn't sound that promising for them.

Did you read the interview, mate? As a manager of over 40 years I've heard it all before where some players "stick the knife" in you after you have left the club, but this guy has said something that could directly affect the thinking of Warburtons' tactics with Rangers.

If you haven't read the article I will C&P it to you.

Did you read the interview, mate? As a manager of over 40 years I've heard it all before where some players "stick the knife" in you after you have left the club, but this guy has said something that could directly affect the thinking of Warburtons' tactics with Rangers.

C&P the article please. Cheers!

Great to watch that build up and I did so a few times. Eventually picked up on Law's contribution, which was a real eye-opener considering his absenteeism for most of last season.

He spends the first 25 seconds or so in the hole, 25 - 35 yards out, always in space. When he sees the play go back from our left wing to the half-way line and out to Kiernan on the right, he comes short, pulling out a defender, plays the simple ball back to Kiernan, then follows the play along the back-line, making himself available the whole time and pointing out the passes to the defenders, before breaking into the box again as we picked up the pace down the left. If Wallace wanted to choose a cut-back instead of shooting, Law was there between the six-yard box and the penalty spot, in space again.

Geeky, I know, but I found it refreshing to see :D .

Read the article in the West London paper, complaining about being left '2 on 2' :D and no set piece training. He wasn't very convincing and it seemed much more about give me a new contract. His twitter shows he's not the brightest.

Brentford 'will be more tactical under Marinus Dijkhuizen'

Brentford will be more "tactical" and "measured" under new boss Marinus Dijkhuizen than they were last season, according to centre-back Harlee Dean.

The Bees finished fifth under Mark Warburton last season to reach the play-offs, but let in 59 league goals.

"As a centre-back I'm going to get more protection, which I didn't get at all last year," he told BBC London 94.9.

"It's going to be a different style of play. It'll suit us more - we'll be more calm, tactical and measured."

Dean, who has captained the Bees in some of their pre-season friendlies, added: "I really like the manager's ideas and I think we can be optimistic that as the season goes on it will get better and better."

The 24-year-old made 40 appearances last season, including 37 in the league and play-offs.

"Last year it felt like the manager already had his opinions but this year it's a clean slate," said Dean.

Perhaps this may be why MW is so intent on getting Mark Eustace in as a screening player in front of the defence.

Read the article in the West London paper, complaining about being left '2 on 2' :D and no set piece training. He wasn't very convincing and it seemed much more about give me a new contract. His twitter shows he's not the brightest.

I think a fair bit of his gripe is sour grapes and a personal dislike for the way MW insists everything is done his way and this guy just couldn't adapt to the challenge of picking his game up. We look a bit light on a screening player when the opposition get a break so maybe MW has shown why he wants Mark Eustace to sign.

We've had about 2,000 shots on goal as well so far this season.

Please stop exaggerating. A bit more accuracy would not go a miss as well keeping your feet on the ground. 2000 shots, FFS!! I despair.................

It was 1,872 so far this season by my count! ;)

I think a fair bit of his gripe is sour grapes and a personal dislike for the way MW insists everything is done his way and this guy just couldn't adapt to the challenge of picking his game up. We look a bit light on a screening player when the opposition get a break so maybe MW has shown why he wants Mark Eustace to sign.

Just read the match report for Brentford's first game of the season and Ipswich apparently should have been out of sight but for a string of excellent saves by the Brentford keeper. Ipswich got through for 9 attempts on target. Doesn't seem like much has changed in their defending from last season, then ;) .

There was another passage of play that was brilliant had it been a goal, they had a corner and Foderingham collected it, rolled it out to Law, played onto Tavernier and he slid it right down the wing to Waghorn and within 5 seconds of defending against a corner Waghorn was inches away from scoring a fantastic finish.

Brentford 'will be more tactical under Marinus Dijkhuizen'

Brentford will be more "tactical" and "measured" under new boss Marinus Dijkhuizen than they were last season, according to centre-back Harlee Dean.

The Bees finished fifth under Mark Warburton last season to reach the play-offs, but let in 59 league goals.

"As a centre-back I'm going to get more protection, which I didn't get at all last year," he told BBC London 94.9.

"It's going to be a different style of play. It'll suit us more - we'll be more calm, tactical and measured."

Dean, who has captained the Bees in some of their pre-season friendlies, added: "I really like the manager's ideas and I think we can be optimistic that as the season goes on it will get better and better."

The 24-year-old made 40 appearances last season, including 37 in the league and play-offs.

"Last year it felt like the manager already had his opinions but this year it's a clean slate," said Dean.

Perhaps this may be why MW is so intent on getting Mark Eustace in as a screening player in front of the defence.

The only worrying thing I read about Warbers was that Brentford didn't have a plan B last year. Maybe that'll get tested when we're playing more difficult games possibly in the cups.