Could/should We Knock Back A Solid Bid?

TMB

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't see anyone offering £3 million for a player that's just played in the Scottish championship. Only after he's shown he can do it in the SPFL/Europe would we begin to get offers like that. In my opinion, from what he's shown so far, he's worth more than that anyway. We thankfully don't seem to have a great need to sell financially.

I do think if a premiership club were to come in, we could see a player demanding moves etc, just as we've recently seen with Berahino. Warburton has said he only wants players that want to be here so you'd imagine they'd be shown the door under such circumstances.

Perfectly calm, its you thats neurotic, Hypothetically loads of bad shit could happen, why worry about it?

We've only just brought some very exciting talent to the club, both managerial and playing staff, I'm happy to enjoy that without worrying about hypothetical problems.

I've asked a simple question. Your responses so far have been "fuck off" and "neurotic". As I said previously, you should calm down.

Can't see anyone offering £3 million for a player that's just played in the Scottish championship. Only after he's shown he can do it in the SPFL/Europe would we begin to get offers like that. In my opinion, from what he's shown so far, he's worth more than that anyway. We thankfully don't seem to have a great need to sell financially.

Again, the player and figure used were just for the sake of discussion. If we keep performing as we have been bids for our better players are inevitable. It'll be interesting to see what course the board take.

Hypothetical question here - If a solid bid came in from down south could we, and should we, be knocking that back?

For example, let's say a £3m bid came in for Tavernier next summer. Obviously we want him to stay buy could we turn that money down? Is the company in a place whereby we can knock back that type of bid? Should we, or are we, trying to create a model whereby we buy cheap and sell big like the mhanky mob?

I don't want us to sell all of our best players even if there is a profit to be made. I'd rather we kept hold of our best players for the title push ahead. Sadly, that may be unrealistic.

Many opposition fans shit on the idea of a loan player. However, I see mhank players leaving after one good season so what's the difference there? A transfer fee is involved which is good for business but the team constantly weakens on the pitch. I want to see us build the best football team in the country and for that to happen we must keep our best players.

Players will need to prove themselves next season in top flight, before anyone will even consider spending millions on them. Especially since to date, none of them has made any great impact down south.

Keep your feet on ground while reaching for the stars.

Who's to say he'd even want to go just now?

The main selling point to these boys from England was the very good chance of playing in the Champions League in the next 3 years. They aren't going to get that into a team down there that could do that. The only problem will come if a bottom of the Premiership/top of the Championship team comes in I reckon.

This will be the ultimate test of the Clubs resolve to get back to Champion League Football- from player to manager to board to shareholders to support.

But interest in out players will come with the territory as we enjoy success. What a difference from last year.

Personally- I now see no reason why we cannot be in contention for a Champions League place very soon.

I dont think the club will be bent over. We don't need to sell but any of our team will have his price, to make a profit for the club.

The thing that has always irritated me though is the power of Sky money. The Old Firm are much bigger clubs than all but the very top Premiership teams, so nobody leaving us will win anything unless they go there. It becomes all about money. As I Rangers supporter i'd not leave the club unless I was pushed. For the non-Rangers supporting players I just don't see the attraction football wise of going to Hull or places like that.

Hypothetical question here - If a solid bid came in from down south could we, and should we, be knocking that back?

For example, let's say a £3m bid came in for Tavernier next summer. Obviously we want him to stay buy could we turn that money down? Is the company in a place whereby we can knock back that type of bid? Should we, or are we, trying to create a model whereby we buy cheap and sell big like the mhanky mob?

I don't want us to sell all of our best players even if there is a profit to be made. I'd rather we kept hold of our best players for the title push ahead. Sadly, that may be unrealistic.

Many opposition fans shit on the idea of a loan player. However, I see mhank players leaving after one good season so what's the difference there? A transfer fee is involved which is good for business but the team constantly weakens on the pitch. I want to see us build the best football team in the country and for that to happen we must keep our best players.

no disrespect but why would we get a three million pound bid for a 23 year old after one season in the second tier of Scottish football when he was worth hee haw before?

as much as the likes of Tav and Oduwa are enjoying their football just now and have really taken to the club, they are here to make an impression on clubs down south. we certainly shouldn't be knocking back millions imo, plus I'm confident Warburton would find more than capable replacements.

right now I'm just delighted to have these guys playing with us.

You do realise Tav is not on loan.

He signed to play football for us after being moved around on loan deals down south not to "make an impression"

While it is inevitable that if he continues in the same vein he will attract attention I don't think we should sell at the first sign of money

There are only about 5 clubs in the world now that aren't selling clubs and we are not (and never will be) one of them so every player will be sold if the right bid came in for them at the right time.

The filth have made great financial progress in recent years by brining in players for relatively low fees and then selling them on at considerable profit (Forster, van Dijk, etc). We will be looking to emulate that to some extent.

Tav, et al, who have joined here have joined with the promise of being able to further their careers. For some that may be in the long haul at Ibrox in getting us back to the top of Scottish football and ideally in the CL, but for others, it will be a shorter stay here with the hope of getting a move back to top flight or top end championship football.

We cannot live under the illusion that any player is not for sale at any price. The main thing is that if and when we do sell players, that we replace them with similar up and coming talent who will offer further sell on value so that we are continually re-investing in our team

Theres a difference between occasionally selling players for good money to bigger teams and being a "selling club"

Warburton didnt bring in Tav or Oduwa because they could be sold for millions, he brought them in because they were good players for good money, I cant imagine him giving a whole lot of thought into how much hed sell them for a year or two down the line. I think hes solely concerned with our Club, our squad, and how WE play. Unless it was crazy money I couldnt see him happily selling any of his players if he thinks he needs them. I could imagine him being the type to fall out with boardrooms for forcing him to sell players. I think he probably believes that winning is better than earning. How could a Club like that be called a selling club?

The tarriers on the other hand, buying cheap with the sole purpose of selling after a shite run in Europe is their entire philosphy and has been for a while now. They act like getting knocked out of the CL doesnt matter because they'll sell a couple players for good money. They equate money to trophies, even their fans have this attitude, they act like because have more money is like they have more trophies.

When I think of Rangers being in the CL I think of us playing teams like Barca etc in huge stadium and how glorious it would be to beat them and how exciting the possibility of getting to the next round is. Tims think about how much money they'll get. They are a selling club but I definitely dont think we are.

Theres a difference between occasionally selling players for good money to bigger teams and being a "selling club"

Warburton didnt bring in Tav or Oduwa because they could be sold for millions, he brought them in because they were good players for good money, I cant imagine him giving a whole lot of thought into how much hed sell them for a year or two down the line. I think hes solely concerned with our Club, our squad, and how WE play. Unless it was crazy money I couldnt see him happily selling any of his players if he thinks he needs them. I could imagine him being the type to fall out with boardrooms for forcing him to sell players. I think he probably believes that winning is better than earning. How could a Club like that be called a selling club?

The tarriers on the other hand, buying cheap with the sole purpose of selling after a shite run in Europe is their entire philosphy and has been for a while now. They act like getting knocked out of the CL doesnt matter because they'll sell a couple players for good money. They equate money to trophies, even their fans have this attitude, they act like because have more money is like they have more trophies.

When I think of Rangers being in the CL I think of us playing teams like Barca etc in huge stadium and how glorious it would be to beat them and how exciting the possibility of getting to the next round is. Tims think about how much money they'll get. They are a selling club but I definitely dont think we are.

Oduwa was a loan, we won't get any money for him.