Could/should We Knock Back A Solid Bid?

TMB

Well this was the plan was it not?

Buy in players with talent for buttons then sell on for a few million profit?

Folk will need to get used to it because that's what is going to be the norm from now on.

No. The plan was for Dave King to invest up to £30M to get us back to the top. Unless that is what it cost to bring W & W here, we do not need to sell at all. The time will come when we will become a selling club but if this happens before the £30M investment, then DK is no better than Charles Green.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. The plan was for Dave King to invest up to £30M to get us back to the top. Unless that is what it cost to bring W & W here, we do not need to sell at all. The time will come when we will become a selling club but if this happens before the £30M investment, then DK is no better than Charles Green.

You are living in a dream if you think we wont be selling players for a few million profit. That's what we are going to be doing to keep making a profit.

If you get an offer on a player that is 3 or 4 times more than what you paid for a player that's going to get accepted eventually.

King isn't Abramovic, if you think 30 million is being spunked on players then you are a mug.

Lets face it, if a bid comes in that meets the boards / managements valuation of any player they will be sold. What do they value Tav at is unknown, but the idea is to buy develop, get performance benefits from and then sell for a big profit and buy a replacement. It is the Magic Hat's job to have a replacement picked out for every single one of our players. So I reckon if 3million is on the table come xmas he will be away and someone else brought in to replace him. What i do hope is there a no last minute departures that cant be replaced as that would be hurtingh the team while pleasing the bank balance.

As for those who say we wont get any bids i give u Andy Robertson (think thats his name...... Queens Park to Dundee United to English Premiership and Scotland caps in the same amount of time we are paying off Ally the wonder scout.

Maybe if we used the tims methods we'd get inflated fees for our players. Since 2001 we've accepted the fact that if a player wishes to leave like fergie,van bronkhorst etc that we accept low values for them. We've constantly paid top money for dross and sold good players for pittance.

I don think we have to worry about anything though until jan 2017, then we as a club need to make a stance and players will only ever be sold on Rangers terms

Given the money in the EPL, I think we should always stand firm until the inevitable crazy bid comes in.

Van Dyke at £12m is a prime example of what we should be doing. The guys a £4 to 5m player at best, but he's talked up by their club, fans and the media. "Linked" with top clubs in the papers, and then punted to a mid level outfit with more EPL cash than sense.

Need some back bone in terms of our negotiating, if a £3m bid were to come in we should be knocking it back immediately and asking for £10. Not because Tav is a £10m player, but because EPL has money to burn. £3m is nothing to them.

You are living in a dream if you think we wont be selling players for a few million profit. That's what we are going to be doing to keep making a profit.

If you get an offer on a player that is 3 or 4 times more than what you paid for a player that's going to get accepted eventually.

King isn't Abramovic, if you think 30 million is being spunked on players then you are a mug.

No I am neither a mug nor living in a dream. I am just pointing out that £3M offer could be refused bearing in mind the investment promise. It was to build a team capable of challenging celtic for the title, not to make profit. Or is this just as much value as the promise that directors would not receive contracts?

I think you'll find our glorious leader will only dip into his pockets in the last resort to fund the club, selling players for a good profit will come long before that.

When are people going to realise that every board member at Rangers going back to SDM are first and foremost business men then maybe just maybe some kind of Rangers man. Business men are in the business of making money not throwing it down the drain.They are also like politicians,they will tell you one thing and deliver what they see fit and at the end of the day what are the majority of supporters going to do about it when they don't deliver their so called promises.Like plenty im enjoying the football as its the best we have seen for years and not just the reign of the 3 stooges but before that.If business men can make money by selling that is what they will do and will save them from parting with their cash its perhaps going to be a fact at Rangers in the future.

If a £3m bid came in!

No we shouldn't as he will be worth considerably more at the end of next season providing his form continues and we CAN continue to attack teams for the most of the game, where he doesn't need to defend too often. He could be utter gash as a right back(we don't really know)

Will we? I fucking hope not but it is a possibility that may happen. If he wants to go then that's down to him but hopefully he can see the love for not just the players we have but the club as a whole will encourage him (and the rest) to stay for at least the three years.

I said it at the start if the season that we would probably accept a £4m bid. HOWEVER that was after two games if his form continues then surely the bid would need to be around £10m, but who the fuck is going to pay that for a right back who's team has just been promoted to he top division, won the league, Scottish and petrofac cup??

Let's hope no one!

What is the fucking point of this thread?

Some absolute rockets on here who seem determined to cling on to miserable thoughts.

We are playing great football, have some excellent players, look certainties to go up so why think up reasons to worry about fuck all?

And why would any of our players want to leave Rangers anyway?

I think you'll find our glorious leader will only dip into his pockets in the last resort to fund the club, selling players for a good profit will come long before that.

Cue some prick with a "do you have any proof of that" comment.

How much has been invested so far?

Cue some prick with a "do you have any proof of that" comment.

How much has been invested so far?

Enough to get us a fine manager and a team playing a style of football that we can't get enough of.

What else do we need.

No need to spunk cash for the sake of it. Save it for a rainy day.

Enough to get us a fine manager and a team playing a style of football that we can't get enough of.

What else do we need.

No need to spunk cash for the sake of it. Save it for a rainy day.

On the field we look good, I would like to see some investment in the stadium or do you think it looks fine??

In response to the original question. I don't think so. Ultimately, we're in the business now of growing good young players and making money, we need to. However, I don't see us doing that as we're just beginning to build a squad. I can guarantee that Warburton's not going to let us sell good players that have been here a mere half a season, or even a season. Longer term we'll need to sell players that will bring us a big ROI, but not for short term or smaller gains.

We're safe with our squad as we're building to challenge for the SPL and Champions league, and while that's a WIP, nobody's going anywhere unless Warburton sees them as surplus to requirements, imo.

unless we get offered silly money for someone(5mil+) we need to keep the spine of this team together for at least the next 2-3 years so that we will be back challenging c****c and playing in europe.

also once we have had a proper scouting network in place for a couple of years we will be able to identify proper replacements for anyone sold as right now we are relying on warburtons knowledge alone and after a year or two up here his knowledge of english lower league players will be diminished.