Morton At It!

Ivybank

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most probably because greenock is full off jungle jims......remember they are all oirsh after all.

Other than being a passenger in a car, I haven't been in Greenock since 1966 but Greenock was always well known for having an Irish flavour to it, so I don't think it would have improved much since then.

If anything, I'd have expected the scum to play the "sectarian/racist" card, due to the etymology of the name:

Cappielow presently has a capacity of 11,589,[2] with 5,741 of these being seated.[1] The area behind the western goal is known as the Wee Dublin end, which contains non-backed bench seating.[3] This was converted from the old terracing in 1978, when Morton were promoted to the Premier Division.[3] It is known as the Wee Dublin end because the Irish immigrant population of Greenock was once housed behind that stand.[3] The main stand, built in 1931, contains plastic bucket seating that replaced the wooden benches that were a fixture of the ground until the late 1990s.[3] The Cowshed lies to the north of the pitch; formerly a fully terraced area for both home and away supporters (complete with segregation fence down the middle), it is now for home supporters only, with much of the frontal terracing removed, and plastic bucket seats occupying its place. Behind the eastern goal is the "Sinclair Street" end, with uncovered terracing.

Is that recent? When I went in the 70s and 80s it was never known as that,and what's the relevance to Dublin,apart from Greenock

Being mostly Tim infested

No mate! That Western end was frequently known as the "Wee Dublin end" because of Irish immigrants who lived near there, so I guess the tradition still carries on to this day.

It's great how people who don't live in the area can say it's tarrier infested yet people who live here can tell you different.....

It's no more infested than Glasgow and we are proud of the union here,we voted NO unlike Glasgow.

Yes there was a lot of Irish immigrants here but with it being a port for them arriving thats to be expected.

I know many proud Ulster-Scots from the area.

It's great how people who don't live in the area can say it's tarrier infested yet people who live here can tell you different.....

It's no more infested than Glasgow and we are proud of the union here,we voted NO unlike Glasgow.

Yes there was a lot of Irish immigrants here but with it being a port for them arriving thats to be expected.

:shifty:

What's voting on a referendum got to do with anything?

Morton are a proper football club who play in a proper football stadium.

It's not for me to try and find a reason to despise every club Rangers play. Screams of playing the paranoid victim.

Same as I don't feel the need to belittle every other club in Scotland from the lower leagues. Just shows up some of the fans as having the same chip on their shoulders that they get tore into others about.

Hypocrisy and the modern football fan: pretty much de rigueur.

First time i have received the shiftys Oleg,must say i'm disappointed its from yourself as i tend to like your posts.

DeanMk if you read my post i mentioned the referendum when saying Inverclyde was proud of the union,in response to it being called tim-infested/bheggar land etc

So proud we voted No.

:lol: :lol: aint been there since the 70's and always remembered it was a dump :uk: wouldn't imagined it's changed much since. We can thank them for 1 of my heroes and he he was casual Kai with a twinkle in his eye.

Last time I was there was probably 80's. Half bottle of Thunderbird and a can of Kestrel!! Happy Daze. :D

Greenocks about 50-50, its just that the place is full of junkies who love to wear the green and grey all week. Theres 2 Rangers supporters buses at least that leave Greenock and my bus normally picks up folk from Greenock too.

Greenocks about 50-50, its just that the place is full of junkies who love to wear the green and grey all week. Theres 2 Rangers supporters buses at least that leave Greenock and my bus normally picks up folk from Greenock too.

Things are improving mate as the junkies seem to be dying off.

You on the Largs bus?

First time i have received the shiftys Oleg,must say i'm disappointed its from yourself as i tend to like your posts.

DeanMk if you read my post i mentioned the referendum when saying Inverclyde was proud of the union,in response to it being called tim-infested/bheggar land etc

So proud we voted No.

Your basis for voting no was pride? Thought it was a political decision.

So proud we voted No.

Sorry, mate.

It was purely meant as a tongue in cheek response. A sort of, "Aye, that's what you would say! / Methinks he both protest too much." gag.

I don't think you're shifty. (tu)

I can remember when we signed Eric Sorensen then Kai Johansen who were from Greenock Morton, the latter especially became a firm favourite, and is a legend today.

Later on Sorensen also ran a pub In Greenock, and it was frequented by many Bears at the time from all over the Inverclyde region, plus all the Bears from Glasgow who worked in the yards.

Morton were also known as the "Wee Rangers" for a while, because of the amount of players interchanged between the clubs over many years, and they always had a very high regard for The Rangers and their support.

This area of Cappielow is historically known as the wee Dublin end simply because it was where the immigrants were housed before, and is an area where the away fans are placed today.

Same as the Broomloan at Ibrox was always called the Celtic end as they were put there at old firm games.

As for what people think of places where other Rangers supporters live, and to run these areas down and call them shitholes, is simply ridiculous.

I can only assume that they all live in areas that are completely taig free, and live in a utopia where the housing is so exclusive that it allows them the right to be superior to all other Rangers supporters.

What a wonderful world that must be. Yet they allow us unworthy ones to be in the same stadium as them, aren't they just wonderful to also grant us the privilege of being able to stand shoulder to shoulder with these immortal beings ........... Fuck Off.

:uk: