Mark Mcghee Showing Himself Up

WeeJim

Mark McGhee showing himself up for the Rangers hating arsehole we all know he is by having a pop about EBT's in 2008. Staggering hypocrisy from a representative of a club who went into administration and paid off 19 players they clearly couldn't afford.

Putting his wish to be awarded second place in 2008 into further perspective.
2008. That will be the season Motherwell finished 26 points behind us after drawing with us twice.
2008, the year "sporting integrity" was born. That will be the season he played a weakened team against Celtic, including dropping his ever present goalkeeper and giving a 20 year old loan player his place, then immediately returned to a full strength team against us in the very next game.

If I was a Motherwell fan I'd be raging he got another job at the club after basically trying to chuck a game to help out his mate at the paedodome, never mind the fact he's got a spotty record as manager. I'm glad he's struggling this season with his shitty club and I'd be delighted to see them go down this year with Dundee Hibs. That'd be a glossy end to the season.

From the Daily Mail, same story in a few other rags.

Mark McGhee took a mischievous pot-shot at the use of Rangers EBTs on Thursday night, claiming he feels hard done by over the loss of a bonus for finishing second in the Premiership in 2008.

Three Court of Session judges recently decided the Ibrox oldco used EBTs to make payments to players they might otherwise have been unable to afford. The ruling sparked furious demands from opposition fans for the oldco to be stripped of championships won during the years the EBT scheme was in operation.

One of those was 2008 when, during McGhee's first spell in charge, Motherwell finished third behind Rangers and that season's champions Celtic.

Currently embroiled in a battle for survival in his second spell as manager at Fir Park, the Scotland No 2 said yesterday: 'When I was here first time around we finished third – and we probably should have been second, given what we've learned since about Rangers and their methods.

'I feel as though we might have finished second, never mind third - but now the rest of us are trying to stay up. That's what we're here for.'

Pressed on whether he believes the use of EBTs to avoid paying full tax on loans to Rangers players should see Motherwell retrospectively awarded second, McGhee added: 'At the end of the day, it's straightforward. We get bonuses and I get a better bonus in my contract for finishing second than I do for finishing third.

'That season I only got the bonus for finishing third and I feel hard done by.

'But I also wish that Rangers were back in the league and that we were playing them on Saturday.

'I don't have any problems with them. I'm only being a wee bit facetious.'

In the season to which McGhee refers, Celtic finished top with 89 points, Rangers had 86 and Motherwell 60, with Aberdeen a further seven points behind in fourth.

Motherwell were also plunged into turmoil with huge debts in April 2002 when former owner John Boyle called in administrators and 19 players were laid off.

Asked if the Fir Park club would love to have continued spending on players they might otherwise have been unable to afford when Rangers stand accused of doing the same, McGhee added: 'I think we'd all love to have done that – I'd love to do that now but it's not the way we can work.'

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember when he was giving it large when he came to play for the tims, in his first old firm game (might even have been his first match) he had a great chance to score and done a fresh air shot nearly landing on his fat arse, he got some stick for that.

I really don't think they can help themselves, its still Rangers 2 HMRC 1, cunts never mentioned our two.

Apparently he says he's only being faecetious (can never spell that word right) and he wants us back in top flight but too many people like him have free reign to say what they like about us in the first place before "taking it back"

I did like his headline about it makes him feel sick seeing Rep Of Ireland at the Euros :lol: tho if I read the article in full it's probably just Daily Record mischief making with the headline

Apparently he says he's only being faecetious (can never spell that word right) and he wants us back in top flight but too many people like him have free reign to say what they like about us in the first place before "taking it back"

I did like his headline about it makes him feel sick seeing Rep Of Ireland at the Euros :lol: tho if I read the article in full it's probably just Daily Record mischief making with the headline

Your spelling's probably more appropriate tbh.

and people wonder why I don't support the Scotland national team. they're riddled with bitter tarrier wankers like him

It's something I don't get - how can any Rangers man play for them knowing he's the assistant and that's his thoughts and respect him and take orders from him knowing what he's like towards us

Maybe it's me but I can't get my head around it