Game Off.

Falkirk bear

Absolutely no way this game goes ahead.

Is Fife due a sudden weather bubble that will stop the wind & rain that knocked off most of Scottish Football today??

Never mind that the bridge is shut and it will be a nightmare getting to the game

But SPFL .. putting the fans first (!!)

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it's annoying but I can see the logic in the way they've done this.

I know inspections are generally held about 9am and by the sounds of it they've done this but it's obviously been close to call and waiting another couple of hours when it's pelting of rain makes perfect sense. The fans will be messed about even more if they declare it on at 9am then by kick off time it's been called off.

I appreciate there's fans coming from Aberdeen, Stoke, Ulster etc but welcome to Scotland and it's weather.

By giving it another inspection at 11.30am all they are guilty of is giving the game every chance to go ahead.

An inspection has been held. The pitch is still playable, with ground staff and volunteers working on one area of concern. A further inspection will take place between 11.00 and 11.30am.

I can understand Raith Rovers being desperate to play the match for financial reasons but this is ridiculous.

The closure of the bridge should have been considered and the match postponed as a result.

I will be surprised if the game is not postponed with fans on their way to the match.

What a pointless pitch inspection if it only results in another inspection.

What are fans meant to do? Combined with the bridge being down, how are the travelling support meant to get there on time. There will be queues for miles at the Kincardine Bridge.

It's time to extend the season as this can't go on any longer. There's sure to be many more games called off before the season is complete.

What a pointless pitch inspection if it only results in another inspection.

What are fans meant to do? Combined with the bridge being down, how are the travelling support meant to get there on time. There will be queues for miles at the Kincardine Bridge.

It's time to extend the season as this can't go on any longer. There's sure to be many more games called off before the season is complete.

Maybe I'm wrong but see since we've been in the lower leagues apart from the Stenhousemuir game being called off when the wind blew that snack van into the stand the only other game I can remember being called off was Elgin when they printed too many tickets off - unless I'm forgetting a few games I think we've done quite well out the Scottish winters recently?