• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Perth_Campsie_Ger said:

Full kit wanker

lol i was a kid so it was OK. 

1 hour ago, Big Al II said:

His name is spelt wrong on that jersey.

It looks like Muls but I can assure you it was Mols. I wouldn't have worn it if it was spelled wrong.

41 minutes ago, wewillfollowrangers said:

Greig, Jardine, Parlane, Stein, Mclean, Forsyth and DJ.

Being a ten year old when your heroes have won trebles in 2 out of 3 seasons was awesome.

McLean doesn't often feature when it comes to 'favourite players' but DJ wouldn't have scored anywhere near the amount of goals had wee Tam not been around.

1 minute ago, AlBear85 said:

Remember someone saying before they were too young to remember Laudrup. Made me feel ancient. :(

It's all relative and maturing in years doesn't have to be a reason for a 'sad face'.

As someone said above, for some it meant you got to witness a Rangers team win two trebles in 3 years. 

I actually feel sorry for younger Bears, not only because of recent years at Ibrox but for the way football is going in general with huge gulfs in revenue streams that mean there are some who effectivelly play a different sport. It wasn't that long ago we could go to Munich and be competitive, that is no longer the case.....and with the bigger clubs looking to make more money it's difficult to see positive changes in UEFA competition.

8 minutes ago, buster. said:

It's all relative and maturing in years doesn't have to be a reason for a 'sad face'.

As someone said above, for some it meant you got to witness a Rangers team win two trebles in 3 years. 

I actually feel sorry for younger Bears, not only because of recent years at Ibrox but for the way football is going in general with huge gulfs in revenue streams that mean there are some who effectivelly play a different sport. It wasn't that long ago we could go to Munich and be competitive, that is no longer the case.....and with the bigger clubs looking to make more money it's difficult to see positive changes in UEFA competition.

I am envious of older Bears, like my dad, who got to enjoy one of the real golden periods in our history. But, I got to enjoy one of them too, with our 9IAR.

However it's never all good, their 9 in a row was one of my dads worst times. Much like these last few years will be others worst.

The great thing about being a Rangers fan, is every generation will get to enjoy the good times sooner or later. :)

9 minutes ago, AlBear85 said:

I am envious of older Bears, like my dad, who got to enjoy one of the real golden periods in our history. But, I got to enjoy one of them too. However it's never all good, their 9 in a row was one of my dads worst times. Much like these last few years will be others worst.

The great thing about being a Rangers fan, is every generation will get to enjoy the good times sooner or later. :)

The League Championship of 1975 was 'my first' but it didn't register with me as it probably did with older Bears like your Dad who had suffered the pain all of the way through their 9IAR.

However our next League Title will a day to behold in our long history for all.

2 minutes ago, buster. said:

The League Championship of 1975 was 'my first' but it didn't register with me as it probably did with older Bears like your Dad who had suffered the pain all of the way through their 9IAR.

However our next League Title will a day to behold in our long history for all.

I'm planning on being drunk for a month.