Terry butcher on sportscene

bluewhitevanman

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, BF2 said:

Nasty one. The Sky pundits didn't seem to think it was a red either. Bit embarrassing for them now with JT posting that picture.

It was a terrible challenge. The only saving grace was he didn't make worse contact. The studs were clearly up. The above pic looks bad enough. He was lucky it wasn't much worse. Even if there was no contact it was it terrible challenge. You can't go in like that. Cowardly challenge.........

Just now, Fabric said:

Aye wish he was sitting in that studio like that he came across an absolute prick tbh even patsy Nevin was better than him on that "show"

Haven't watched the show in years, and if Nevin is the best on it I'm glad I haven't.

That pic was when Butcher wasn't such a prick!

42 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

It was a poor challenge, IMO there was clearly no intent though. Tav was lucky he wasn't more seriously injured

Idiots on Sky saying no intent, there does not have to be either intent or contact.  Bobby Madden got it spot on as it could be classed as 'serious foul play' or 'violent onduct'.   JT's post on twitter clearly shows there was contact.

Andy Rhabid would have classified Hallidays red or pumping the air as being more justified. 

4 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Idiots on Sky saying no intent, there does not have to be either intent or contact.  Bobby Madden got it spot on as it could be classed as 'serious foul play' or 'violent onduct'.   JT's post on twitter clearly shows there was contact.

Andy Rhabid would have classified Hallidays red or pumping the air as being more justified. 

I didn't say it wasn't a red, I said there was no intent to injure or no malice. The ball was high, he went for it, Madden made the correct decision.

why is everyone so angry Ffs can't be good for people's blood pressure

12 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

I didn't say it wasn't a red, I said there was no intent to injure or no malice. The ball was high, he went for it, Madden made the correct decision.

why is everyone so angry Ffs can't be good for people's blood pressure

I'm not angry, a red card was given.