not good enough

bigheadcliff

8 hours ago, jintybear said:

To be honest there are no games like last season. Last season we were shit. We did not create chance after chance. I admit our finishing should be better but quite frankly now the football is exciting. Last season I would have rather stayed at home watching paint dry.

i actually enjoyed the game yesterday and I thought we played decent football but we all see things differently and that's why I'll never agree our game this year is anything like the dross we suffered last season.

I just disagree - I'm only taking some games in isolation btw overall we are light years ahead of where we were last season 

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

The odd game?

3-1 vs Falkirk

4-0 vs Alloa, St Mirren, Dumbarton

4-2 vs Hivs

6-0 vs Dumbarton

5-1 vs Cowdenbeath

4-1 vs Livi

Are you expecting 6-0 wins every week? We are creating chances though! Miller sitter yesterday, King and Miller had chances themselves. Numerous vs Alloa, Cark and King should score vs QOTS. 

No you muppet that's not the point I'm making at all. Read all my posts closely and in context. I got asked a simple question "what games do you think were like last year" with the way we played. I mentioned them.,

Have you ignored where I said we are miles ahead overall of where we are last season? I've been failry constructive.

13 hours ago, K.A.I said:

I know what your saying but our blistering performances dried up after Morton away and that was what, early October? we had the odd game since then destroying teams but generally we've been poor IMO but still nowhere near as bad as last season. I don't think we are creating great chances either tbh ... we are wasteful but have no edge or killer instinct in a lot of the games. We are dominating games that's the main positive for me.

I think if we can dominate games then that's the basis of something special. A couple of quality additions (1 being a main striker) and we could be unstoppable but I worry that Warburton would rather have more attackers like O'Halloran, Forrester, King than an actual out and out clinical goalscorer.

You're right about the performances after the Morton game(apart from the hivs game at ibrox), but teams figured out quickly that if they played football against us they'd get tore apart, so we've had to deal with 10 men behind the ball in most off the matches since then, I think a top finisher will Defo make a difference though, the chances created to goals scored ratio is shocking TBH..waggy should IMO scored more than he already has. Still better to watch that last season thought!!!.....??????

Just now, Billythebear77 said:

You're right about the performances after the Morton game(apart from the hivs game at ibrox), but teams figured out quickly that if they played football against us they'd get tore apart, so we've had to deal with 10 men edging the ball in most off the matches since then, I think a top finisher will Defo make a difference though, the chances created to goals scored ratio is shocking TBH..waggy should IMO scored more than he already has. Still better to watch that last season thought!!!.....??????

Yeah absolutely. I take the point teams are learning how to play against us but all they are doing is packing everyone behind the ball and that should suit us as it means we have all the play, momentum and can dictate the tempo.

Again, I must stress as some people seem to ignore this bit we are miles in front of last season but we have so much room for improvement. All the top coaches and football people say you need to improve while your at the top of your game to maintain the dominance and we should be no different and again I'll stress that Warburton was stinging of his players after a 3-0 win against Livingston at the start of the season and said the performance wasn't good enough - but some on here won't have fellow fans making the same point without getting crap rammed down them about expecting to win every game 6-0 and all that nonsense.

Just now, Rangers_no1 said:

LOL@ you calling anybody muppet with the numerous clueless posts in this thread. Maybe you should go back and read what you've actually said instead of constantly changing your view. Idiot!

Why don't you tell me where I've changed my view? the very fact you've said that proves my point - you can't read :lol:

1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said:

'there's been more games like last season than some care to admit'

RFC52 ripped apart that comment.

'we had the odd game since then destroying teams but generally we've been poor IMO but still nowhere near as bad as last season'

So on one hand you claimed there's been many games similar to last season, then you said that the poor games haven't been as bad as last season? What is it? You then quoted someone who said there hasn't been games similar to last season. So you're going back to the original point now?

To suggest Falkirk at home was a poor performance is madness, we played well and had about 20 shots(12 on target IIRC) and that was against good team. Nearly as mad as claiming we aren't creating chances!

If you think those games are in any shape similar to last season, you must have been sleeping for the whole of last year!

Well done on ignoring me pointing out the false accusation that it's been more than 'the odd game' since Morton away. (tu) 

Do you not get the difference between overall (saying we are not as poor as last season) and me mentioning those games in isolation? so yes, you are indeed a muppet who can't read or comprehend

Just now, Rangers_no1 said:

Yeah it's not like this was you first post in the thread before talking about isolated matches...

'there's been more games like last season than some care to admit'

You continue in your dreamland thinking we're not creating chances and have produced performances similar to last season. :lol::lol:

Yeah - where's the contradiction? there's been a lot of them games IMO but you need to take them in isolation and look at the bigger picture and you will see that overall we are still better than last season.

I don't know why you are struggling to understand this ... oh wait, I do, you're a mongo :D

Can't believe the OP, change our tactics, similar to last season. All nonsense and I can't see how we change our tactics, St Mirren sat with everyone behind the ball and didn't have an attempt at goal until the 74th minute !!! The only think we can do is play as they did and if that happens then the stadium will be empty.

The team is just fine, when teams are as ultra defensive and ultra negative as the Saints were it's always going to be difficult to find the net, especially if we don't finish the better chances.

2 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Do you not get the difference between overall (saying we are not as poor as last season) and me mentioning those games in isolation? so yes, you are indeed a muppet who can't read or comprehend

Those who can debate and be objective get you mate. Those who seem to think any criticism is an attack on the club, or those who consider that every aspect of our play is currently perfect don't. 

Head and brick wall springs to mind.

Don't try and qualify it by saying that you are fully behind MW and he's over performing. You're mental / knee jerking it/ speak bollox/ deluded/ negative blah blah.

bigheadcliff said

yesterdays performance was like last season, hence my post...... we need to give credit when its due and we need to be honest when the need arises. yesterday was bloody awful and we shouldn't be afraid to say so the tactics need addressing

This was my second reply to the OP regarding his comments.

"You are well entitled to your opinion, but I find it hard to remember a game from last season we got even close to that performance yesterday. Granted it wasn't our best of the season but I give credit to Alex Rae for his organisation of St.Mirren, yet we still managed to have 64% possession, 21 shots on goals,(7 on target) and 12 corners; this against a side that had won its last 4 games. I'm quite interested to see what tactics need addressing that Mark Warburton fucked up, according to you."

I'm still waiting for an answer to that one :pipe:

1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Some of the posts on here are mind-boggling to say the least. Certain posters seem to live in a dream world. No idea were this crazy notion that many believe we're perfect or nothing negative can be said comes from! Have you been on the site recently after our recent wins? You would think we just got pumped 3-0 at home to Morton with the negative posts!

The majority of posts on this site in relation to where we are just now is balanced and people understand a step up is still needed next season and new signings brought in. Many people, myself included, know we need to improve defensively, hence why many want a DM signed. A top striker is another on top og the wish list for the majority. People also want a clear out of the squad such as Zelalem, Bell, Templeton, Clark, Law, Shiels and upgrade on Wilson etc and add more quality. So how does that fit in were you stance that people believe everything is perfect? 

As I said in the 'Mr Warburton' thread, it's a process and a learning curve and we're in a good position.

Some regular posters on here just want to have a rant, but try to do it in a sneaky way. I'm being constructive blah blah blah. Saying we don't create clear cut chances or we're not demanding enough or Mark is ridiculous and certainly doesn't equal being objective or can debate!

I'm not wanting to get into another argument with you but you are taking other peoples opinions way too personally. Personally speaking I don't need to have a rant in a sneaky way - if I'm not happy about something I'll just say.

I don't think anyone's been non-constructive no matter how much you disagree with their outlook. Has anyone on here said Warburton is a shite manager or the teams shite? maybe they have and I've missed it?

3 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

I'm not taking people's opinions too personally, I just can't stand when people like yourself say something that is way off the mark(even if it is an opinion) then act like a knob. For example I replied to you, pointed out good results and performances since Morton away, but instead of trying to debate or reply to the questions I asked, all you could say was  'you muppet'... Usually such reply is when someone realises they can't counter valid points. Or the above poster claiming he's objective or can debate and majority on here can't!

I'll counter the last sentence saying has anyone on here said everything is perfect? 

The difference on the site from last year is clear to see, everyone was negative over McCoist and wanted him gone outside a select few who would defend him to the hill, Albear, The Dude, BP9 and some others. This season everyone sees an improvement in the team and accepts we can still improve for next season. Then we have people in this thread who believe we don't create clear cut chances or don't demand enough of Mark. A few days ago people were saying Mark would be a failure if he didn't get automatic promotion and I guarantee that people will criticise Warburton if we don't win against Peterhead. Was a crisis on here after the St Johnstone defeat ffs, someone once claimed people have short memories on here, that is the case and it's usually the people who look for something to criticise or moan about!

The only reason I called you a muppet was because you acted like one first saying snidey to me if I expect 6-0's every game and ignoring the other points I made which qualified my positions. Of course I don't expect 6-0's. I'm not stupid.

In the sober light of a new morning, I think we all deep down know that we will need another step up in performance next season. We are getting away with certain failings (ie the inability to convert possession to goals) this year, that next season we are unlikely to convert to 3 points game after game. But after the last 3 years it is good to see a fit team, a structured team, a team that give their all from start to finish. It is clear that at long last we have the built the right foundations on which to re- establish Footballing excellence- what is without doubt in my mind is that the thinking and resourcing of bringing new players in for next season is critical if we are going to be competitive in the SPFL- I think that getting the right quality in the key areas in, is going to be expensive and that we are not going to have time to "grow our own". But still for me this weekend has been as good as any in recent years.

I don't doubt that warburton sees the missed chances but these finishers cost good money that I don't think Rangers can spend at the moment. The gaffer has worked wonders with the money available, we've spent around 2.5 million and I could watch us all day.

imagine what he could do with a kitty of 5 million?

We are a better side than last year.  For a start, we are in first position, not second at the same point in time as last year and with a healthy lead too.

The team is not yet the finished article and MW still looks like he has a fair bit to learn, as do a lot of the team, especially the younger players.  Not getting promotion, losing the Petrofac cup (by anything other than a cheating ref) or failing to produce a decent season (top 4?) next season is when we should be saying that MW is out of his depth.

11-0 is not required in every game.  A scrappy 1-0 still gets us 3 points.  Losing games because we play shite, at this level, should be questioned but we are not losing them.  More work on the finishing and maybe a bit more intelligent play from the younger players with their passing and we will be winning 3/4 - 0 every game.