The actual game

K.A.I

Seen that result coming a mile off. The most annoying thing being the two headers at the end almost identical and no lessons learned.

Warburton must know he needs a new defence ours is shite. I wouldn't even keep them 2 center halfs as backup if I'm being honest.

I still think Warburton is a good manager and has the right footballing ethos but he needs to start prioritising a bit of steel and backbone in that side.

What's been our record the last few months? won twice in 90 minutes Dumbarton and Peterhead? whilst conceeding on average 2/3 goals a game in the rest.

We just didn't deserve to win, we were nowhere near our best and Hibs deserved it on balance. That defeat takes the shine off the Celtic game. I said at the time what's the point in beating them if we were to lose the final.

I hope lessons have been learned - I don't want to hear any of the pish off the players about them being desperate to make ammends - guys like Miller and Wilson and Tav are absolute champions at that stuff.

On a side-note - I'm proud of the fans for refusing to be bullied or intimadated by the Hibs hoards on the park. Got a feeling there will be a lot of arrests and doors getting chapped in the coming days but as far as I'm concerned you did what was right and stood firm. Well done.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree with all of that. The most frustrating thing is we played poorly, but still got into a winning position, yet we lose the game due to conceding two headers from two corners in the last 10 minutes. 

In the last 4 months we've continued to let teams back into games due to not being able to defend at set pieces. That should/could be worked on. It must be worked on. It's such a small part of the game but has such an influence on our results. 

I came in for a bit of criticism when I made a thread stating we as a team had learned nothing and that's still my point of view.

at 2-1 you pass hibs to death and keep possession the way we have been all season.the set pieces problem will only get worse for us in the top flight as that's were most of these teams are strongest.

unfortunatley yesterday has took the shine of a good season with a great turn around in style and players.

its time for the board to step up and back our management team regardless of Europe as much work is needed

I think we have to remember most of our squad have never been in teams tasked with winning leagues, cups and essentially an expectation to win every game. We built a team of overlooked players, who gave us attacking, attractive, successful football, in the space of a few weeks.

After winning the league, a double and knocking the taigs out of the cup I can understand the come down for the players after that. I expected a resurgence after the 3 week break but we were poor.

However the ability to handle the pressure at a club like ours comes with experience, it's not a natural gift many have. I won't be writing off any of the players who had such a great season just because of a disappointing end in the last few weeks. I'd hope they learn from the experience and come back next season even better. 

2 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

The thing about all the after match shite has given the boss a wee get out, I'm still waiting to hear his thoughts on the game and why we were so poor.

To be honest mate on this occasion I'm actually not interested in what he's got to say. We all know where it went wrong. I love the man but not in the mood to listen to him say all the things we know like we defended poorly and didn't move the ball about well enough or create good chances etc.

I want him to act on it.

2 minutes ago, AlBear85 said:

I think we have to remember most of our squad have never been in teams tasked with winning leagues, cups and essentially an expectation to win every game. We built a team of overlooked players who gave attacking, attractive, successful football in the space of a few weeks.

After winning the league, a double and knocking the taigs out of the cup I can understand the come down for the players after that. I expected a resurgence after the 3 week break but we were poor.

However the ability to handle the pressure at a club like ours comes with experience, it's not a natural gift many have. I won't be writing off any of the players who had such a great season just because of a disappointing end in the last few weeks. I'd hope they learn from the experience and come back next season even better. 

Fair enough point of view but there's honestly a few of they players that should be back up only next season including some most folk will disagree with me on. The names we are being linked with, so far, seem to be quite ambitious and I think it's that step up in quality that we need for next season.

4 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Fair enough point of view but there's honestly a few of they players that should be back up only next season including some most folk will disagree with me on. The names we are being linked with, so far, seem to be quite ambitious and I think it's that step up in quality that we need for next season.

It was their first season as players dealing with this pressure. The pressure at a club like ours can make or break a player. I'm willing to give them another season, I assume the manager will too.

We certainly appear keen to raise the quality of the squad and competition for places. I don't think missing out on Europe will affect that and despite a disappointing end, to a great season, I'm already looking forward to what we'll do next year.

25 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Seen that result coming a mile off. The most annoying thing being the two headers at the end almost identical and no lessons learned.

Warburton must know he needs a new defence ours is shite. I wouldn't even keep them 2 center halfs as backup if I'm being honest.

I still think Warburton is a good manager and has the right footballing ethos but he needs to start prioritising a bit of steel and backbone in that side.

What's been our record the last few months? won twice in 90 minutes Dumbarton and Peterhead? whilst conceeding on average 2/3 goals a game in the rest.

We just didn't deserve to win, we were nowhere near our best and Hibs deserved it on balance. That defeat takes the shine off the Celtic game. I said at the time what's the point in beating them if we were to lose the final.

I hope lessons have been learned - I don't want to hear any of the pish off the players about them being desperate to make ammends - guys like Miller and Wilson and Tav are absolute champions at that stuff.

On a side-note - I'm proud of the fans for refusing to be bullied or intimadated by the Hibs hoards on the park. Got a feeling there will be a lot of arrests and doors getting chapped in the coming days but as far as I'm concerned you did what was right and stood firm. Well done.

Agreed (tu)

We lost the game from 2 corners as our defense was crap.

This needs to be sorted for next season .

MW done what was asked and this was a bonus. I don't think the long break helped either but no excuses.

25 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

The good thing is Warburton has already openly said we need an experienced spine, he will be seeing the exact same weaknesses we are.

After the start we made I thought getting to 2 - 1 ahead we would raise our game and take control but it was just not to be.  They seemed to be more up for the game from the first whistle and that was hard to accept.

Very disappointing and RM would have been in meltdown if the pitch invasion and attacks on our players had not happened. I still trust M W, but we need some better players and a slightly larger pool as well if we want to challenge for the title next season.

As soon as I sat down to watch the game I told the wife I had a bad feeling about this, due to the fact that with Hibs playing a back 3,  5 in midfield, we would get overran in midfield. I never thought we would lose this game due to so many of our players not turning up and playing absolutely shite. Anybody with half a brain knew that IRA loving cunt would drift wide left and yet Tavernier and Kiernan left a hole a fucking double decker bus could go through for him to terrorise us.

I won't even start about our defending at set pieces, nor about our substitutions as both were fucking horrendous. That's possibly the biggest disappointment I've had as a Ranger's supporter in over 60 years.

We struggled massively to deal with the 3-5-2 just as we had in the fester road game. For some reason we have abandoned the fast paced high pressure game that is required to break down teams set up to nullify our style. With the exception of the Dundee game, first half of the Falkirk game and first half of the septic game we have been very lethargic both in and out of possession. Always going to struggle when you have a defence that is shipping cheap goals and an offense that has been creating very few chances.

We seem to have developed a certain single mindedness these days, which is understandable given the situation we find ourselves in. Winning the title was the one and only thing we appeared to want and I'm sure I've heard MW openly saying that if we didn't win the cup, it wouldn't mean the season has been a disaster.

Fair enough, but we did seem to turn off after the league was won and promotion was secured.

I don't think some of the players we have used this season should stay with us next, but that's obviously for the boss to work out. I still have faith in him, not so much in the performances of some players.

I posted last night that IMO we haven't played great since the hivs game at Ibrox in december apart from the SC games against dundee and the tarriers , and the first half of the livi game in january . The rest of the time we are just seemingly content to do enough to get by . Yesterday , the last six games in the league were similar in that we never played with any real pace when we had the ball , and the early season tactic of chasing the opposition down to regain the ball was again missing . Add to that the fact that the management team failed to raise the players despite assuring us that all would be well , and not being able to rectify the pish defending at set plays is worrying and yesterday for the first time I found myself doubting the manager . Hopefully MW gets the players in that he wants in the summer and we can progress and put the disappointing end of the season behind us , but for me yesterday signaled the end of the honeymoon period .

we will sort it this summer no doubt we need a no nonsense CB to play along side rob or Danny.

come August we will be more than ready and I think our quality will be 10x better also.

looking at signing Barton etc proves that

as Warburton would say the ground work has been done credit needs to go to this seasons squad for that but its now time to add the quality within it.

what we need

CB,CDM,CM and CF all capable of coming straight into the starting 11. Then 3/4 of the same standard for the bench

I think we are about 4 or 5 players away from being a very good team by Scottish standards. As someone said above, the players were are being linked with is an encouraging sign. I think a lot of our problems can be sorted out with another transfer window behind us. This time im assuming our targets will be signed after a more measured approach. Last season I reckon we were having to assemble a new squad too quickly.

Also, something ive said on here before; when Warburton's style goes wrong it will go spectacularly wrong. Hopefully his style & philosophy will be proven to be the correct  one more often than it will be proven wrong.

While I'm gutted at not getting the SC, and it was a great opportunity that we should have grabbed, this season has been better than we all expected.

We will build on what has been a great season after the drivel we were served up before.

Gutted, but not overly pessimistic. Onwards and upwards.

1 minute ago, Keeps01 said:

While I'm gutted at not getting the SC, and it was a great opportunity that we should have grabbed, this season has been better than we all expected.

We will build on what has been a great season after the drivel we were served up before.

Gutted, but not overly pessimistic. Onwards and upwards.

Im out of likes...but agree with this.