Warbs agrees new deal

1 hour ago, Creampuff said:

Celtic paying Rodgers over £40k a week :lol: 

He's a decent appointment, but they are panicking big time. 

He spunked 300 mill down the drain at Liverpool, can't wait for him to spunk Celtic's budget down the pan, massively overrated manager.

2 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

So no extension just more money which was probably already in his contract if we got promoted anyway. 

Of course it lets them use a nonstory to pure show how much more the thims pay their manager, which for Scottish football is unsustainable. 

Yep

Reading that it shows you the class of the people at the club.

After everything that has happened, Sir David of Weir still has time to congratulate Hibs for winning the cup.

Not one person from that horrible club even asked about the welfare of our players and staff. 

Do we trust anything that comes from that PAPEr?

I haven't bought it in years and have no intention of breaking that habit anytime soon.

Funny how they always manage to include a dig at us or something positive about the kiddy fiddlers, who cares how much Brendan Rodgers is getting, so long as he's as successful as John Barnes was.

Firstly, I find it distasteful that the actual figures were published at all. A Significant sum by all means. Secondly, it was an increase, but I would have greater comfort in it reading, one million. It has a much better ring to it and deserved as I can't forget how much our previous manager received in the bottom tiers.

7 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Firstly, I find it distasteful that the actual figures were published at all. A Significant sum by all means. Secondly, it was an increase, but I would have greater comfort in it reading, one million. It has a much better ring to it and deserved as I can't forget how much our previous manager received in the bottom tiers.

A salary like that would probably be tied to extra incentives tied into bonuses and so on; so it may well be a million eventually.

I actually don't think it is a story in all honesty but a spin by a shitty rag trying to exaggerate something that was probably agreed when he first took over as manager.

King; "Hey MW we will pay you this amount of money if you'll become our manager?"

MW; "That's fine and if we get promotion as Champions at first attempt what then?"

King; "Your wages will double in time for the new season once achieved."

MW; "That's cool."

End of season King and MW meet to cross the Ts and dot the Is.

31 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

A salary like that would probably be tied to extra incentives tied into bonuses and so on; so it may well be a million eventually.

I hope so, because the amount of grief he will be getting from our haters next season will be unsurpassed and the money always helps to take your mind of it!

On Wednesday Phil MacFuckityFuckCunt posts a blog hinting that the lack of Warbs sightings is due to him job hunting.

On Thursday its revealed he has signed a new deal.

MacFuckityFuckCunt's inside sources are to be feared :wink:

Glad the gaffer is getting what he deserves for a job well done. We want him happy and feeling valued. 

6 hours ago, PromDeAnglais said:

We shouldnt really be slagging the soap dodgers. We were paying £800,000 a year for the worst manager in our history, in the lowest divisions possible. They've reacted to how good a job MW is doing, and it's costing them. 

Brilliant news if true. But I'll await for an official statement from Rangers before I trust that rag.

Good post.

There is no doubt they are reacting not only to our return but our dynamic style of football. They gambled on Deila when we were not there. Won with no competition but were dreadful and spent a lot of money in the process. Now they have an giant squad with massive wage bill and  £2.5m for Brenda in wages and £3m to buy out his gardening leave period. That is a lot of money to commit before even a ball is kicked.

Make no mistake, we have them rattled on and off the park. We need to keep doing our thing. The correct management team in charge who speak and perform with dignity, sensible scouting and use of admittedly limited finances, stability of formations and training methods at all levels. Times are fantastic for us. Let them spend and panic.