League Cup group section

wully

Partick, Clyde, Airdrie & Edinburgh would be good for me.

My mates a Partick fan, Clyde and Airdrie are close to me in C'nauld and Edinburgh for the simple fact that we've never played them.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hope we don't draw Queen's Park at Hampden. there'd be a riot by the Queen's Park fans if they won............

Nah, seriously I really want us to get Queen's Park at Hampden.

Remember the great crowd atmosphere in a jammed Hampden when we played them before. And no trouble whatsoever. The original Glasgow derby between the two teams who did the most for Scottish football and put it firmly on the map. All fans showing great respet for the occasion and each other. 

And would also give us the early opportunity to make our feelings known about the Hibs fans and the subsequent attempted buck passing by the police and SFA.  

y

On ‎26‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 1:58 PM, ianb1547 said:

Playing each other in the group once.......how do they work out home/away...and against which team are you home or away?

bloody stupid...... there's no other group comp (for clubs) that does it this way.

The top 5 in the Premiership has been like that for years with everyone complaining about it, lots of talk about league reform, but they're really too busy trying to sort out the last mess they create before another one comes along.

Whoops, Rangers fans singing naughty songs at cup final defeat, get them videos out into wider circulation my little Irish immigrant friends.

Joking aside, I'm sure I read somewhere this was the first time we've had this in mini-leagues. Not in my memory, we had this for years in the 70's or thereabouts, and we drew hivs a lot.

Lucky for them, they're in Europe at the beginning of it, although I would like to see us play in Meadowbank, the home of Edinburgh City. Maybe an nice summer evening game with a healthy crowd.

It would also be interesting to hear what songs their support would sing at us. Providing it was their support.