League Cup group section

wully

9 minutes ago, WadeWilson said:

Me too actually. I had forgotten we were in it due to all the palaver of police, politics and pitch invasions.

It may just be the only chance we get to sample the group stages, so I am game for it; bizarre bonus point penalty shoot-outs, the lot.

Must say it needed something done and this structure has its merits.It also allows for a bit of squad rotation.Not a bad thing to get everyone up to match fitness for the league.

Personally  it also opens up more chances for me and other Bears not able to attend every game the opportunity to maybe fit in another game to our schedule.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

24 minutes ago, ianb1547 said:

Playing each other in the group once.......how do they work out home/away...and against which team are you home or away?

bloody stupid...... there's no other group comp (for clubs) that does it this way.

Copying the old UEFA Cup format. Luck of the draw as to who you get home/away.

I don't remember any of the old uefa formats having a group where teams only played each other once. It tended to be a straight-forward draw. (but you seem fairly sure ...so I'll stand corrected)

yup...i'm talking crap....Season 2004-5  groups of 5...2 home 2 away

5 hours ago, MuirhouseBear said:

Be good to see who we get but the only interesting game that we could possibly have is v Motherwell. 

How do they decide who plays at home and who plays away? 

We are selected to play at home by default and the diddy teams away and their 50 supporters are left to rage about it.:wink:

Total fix way they are doing it. Surely if its seeded the fixtures could be set out before draw.      Team1 v Team 4, Team 3 v Team 2 on matchday 1 in each section. And other matchdays also preselected by seedings. A lot easier than stitching it up and then trying to convince us we've not been stitched up.

10 hours ago, BF2 said:

The draw will be watched by millions worldwide.  You can already feel the tension.  Buzzing for it!

Oh well at least the draw is not being conducted by the SFA else we could have been drawn alongside Bayern Munich, The Dallas Cowboys, Pittsburgh Penguins and Miss Uganda.

Edinburgh City away will do me. Them being promoted into the league set-up means that will be another stadium that I havent been to.

Im sure Meadowbank holds something like 7,500 as-well.