DJ MENTIONS DURRANT COULD WORK WITH ALLY AND KENNY.

DJ touting his mate for a job he has no chance of getting.

Old boys network alive and well it seems.

If he honestly thinks this has any chance of happening then he is even more clueless than i thought.

On the day that Muhammad Ali is buried our own " Uncle Tom" spouts (even for him) such embarrassing drivel.

From Hero to Zero.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, jcb said:

If he honestly thinks this has any chance of happening then he is even more clueless than i thought.

On the day that Muhammad Ali is buried our own " Uncle Tom" spouts (even for him) such embarrassing drivel.

From Hero to Zero.

But the only quote attributed to him doesn't say that....

5 minutes ago, jaywalker said:

Read the fkn thing again Ffs. One sentence is DJs the rest is shite.

7 minutes ago, jcb said:

From Hero to Zero.

read the article again

2 minutes ago, glasgow argyle said:

read the article again

Lesson to self, read the article before commenting.

Clueless buffoon who reacts without thinking at times. A bit like DJ.

He probably thinks it would be a decent idea though.

8 minutes ago, TheMotor said:

Aye, the journalist has got that wrong, not DJ. A fair few posters making monkeys of themselves though.

Reading. It's a tough old skill.

Yes it is but with a few more years/decades of trying i'll get the hang of it

I find it hilarious how many people have taken this wrong.

He means Durrant leaving could open the door for him working with Ally as his assistant as Ally is looking for another Managers job.

Ally has stated last week he is looking for a Managers role after coming 2nd to two interviews down south. 

The OP has poured petrol on this with the headline at the start. 

1 hour ago, TheMotor said:

Aye, the journalist has got that wrong, not DJ. A fair few posters making monkeys of themselves though.

Reading. It's a tough old skill.

How's that anybody else's fault?

How on earth are we supposed to know what he said? We weren't part of the interview.

Speaking to The Glasgow Evening Times, Derek Johnstone has intimated that out-of-work Ally McCoist should consider replacing Ian Durrant as Rangers Under-20s coach.

Kenny McDowall is also free at the moment, having been McCoist's number two in the dugout and later Rangers boss in a caretaker capacity following the 53-year-old's exit.

And Johnstone has suggested that the duo could get back together to replace Durrant at Ibrox.

"It won’t be the end of the road for wee Duranty. Ally McCoist has said he wants another job so who knows," he told TheGlasgow Evening Times.

McCoist remains revered on the blue half of Glasgow and surely supporters would love to see him return, despite the low-profile capacity, but it remains to be seen if he would accept the role, having sat in the big seat for three years. 

It's quite clear what's suggested by the article. If that's not what he said, and the journalist has fabricated these claims, then that's nothing to do with anybody else but the journalist who wrote it.

5 minutes ago, LeeWallaceRFC said:

How on earth are we supposed to know what he said? We weren't part of the interview.

It's quite clear what's suggested by the article. If that's not what he said, and the journalist has fabricated these claims, then that's nothing to do with anybody else but the journalist who wrote it.

Just look for the bit in quote marks

5 minutes ago, LeeWallaceRFC said:

A journalist  fabricating claims and stories well there you go never thought that could happen.As Mr Warburton says why let the truth get in the way of a good story.Not having a go at anyone but surely by now we have learned to take anything these rags report with a pinch of salt.

12 minutes ago, LeeWallaceRFC said:

Gullible+_552caa_4145817.png

8 minutes ago, LeeWallaceRFC said:

That's not how an interview works, the journalist selects snippets to include in the interview.

A conversation doesn't last a couple of lines.

You feel free to stand by it if you want. I choose to read comments in quote marks as what the person said, you can choose to believe whatever spin journalists want to put on it. Did you like that story about our fans acting like a mob and blocking the police? You must have been horrified at how evil Rangers fans can be. Luckily I know the story was bullshit because I don't believe journalists.

17 minutes ago, LeeWallaceRFC said:

That's not how an interview works, the journalist selects snippets to include of the interview in the article.

A conversation doesn't last a couple of lines.

He'd attribute the quotes directly if that's what was said. Hence why there's a bit in quotes. That's what dj physically says. 

He's hardly my number one ex player but you've made a rip roaring cunt of this