Rangers Vs Parma 1999

scottyc06

After reading the 'do the bouncy on the 54th minute' thread it got me thinking about how different Ibrox is now to how it used to be in terms of atmosphere! 

Its not awful these days on the big occasions but it's definetley not what it used to be! The first game that springs to mind is the Parma game in 99! Just found the highlights again on YouTube! What a result that was! The noise when Reyna scored the second was unbelievable!!

Anyway, here's the highlights.. Enjoy! 

A game that I'll never forget, still get shivers up my spine when I think of that night, Parma shat it, even some of there more  experienced players came out after that game and said the crowd got to them , remember a translation from an Italian newspaper, The lion of Rangers roared and Parma could not contain the beast ?

5 minutes ago, superallysbears said:

Remember celtic game at ibrox in 99 finished 2 each amato scored and ran to the corner doing that celebration he used to do and think stubbs equalised, not sure how to post the footage on here but remember that atmosphere as one of the best iv ever witnessed.

You mean this goal mate?

Missed this game as was dragged on holiday with the folks. Still haven't forgiven them. They'll be getting papped in the cheapest home "Remember Parma?"

My brother still claims to this day that the stadium was literally bouncing... He was prob out his tits but he rates it as the best game he's been at. Were they not favourites for the whole tournament? They had some team.

15 minutes ago, superallysbears said:

Remember celtic game at ibrox in 99 finished 2 each amato scored and ran to the corner doing that celebration he used to do and think stubbs equalised, not sure how to post the footage on here but remember that atmosphere as one of the best iv ever witnessed.

Good game mate but didn't finish 2 each we won 4 2 happy days

17 minutes ago, superallysbears said:

Im sure it finished 2 each cause a always remember that stubbs prick scoring a header to make it 2-2 but there you go, crazy what we remember, was steam boats drinking home made scrumpy jack in the back of a transit van on the way down to ibrox that day.

Was def 4 - 2 that game. I watched it not that long ago and couldn't help but think both the teams that day would absolutely pump the current teams and that was a John Barnes team!!

Bayern Munich that season at Ibrox is the loudest iver ever heard Ibrox. What a fkn season that was mixing it with Europes elite and what an experience! 12 years old travelling on the bus to Munich was the start of my Euro Aways days bug!!!

For now Ibrox is  a morgue as the OP said, reasons why are...

1.Martin Baldy Bain

2. David Murray

3.SFA

4.UEFA

5.Too much PC Crap/left wing types/SNP at Ibrox.

After Villareal where our board and chairmen let us get butchered from all angles....Celtic minded UEFA delegates the lot! No backbone there and from then in...SFA and Jack McConnels fenian party to go with Heir Salmond and Sturgeons crap. 

I know guys who stopped going for fear of being lifted such was it, Bain was telling the snob lot as id call em to shop the boys singing....From there in tgat was it. Sad but my opinion is we've lost the baws along beside the Protestant/Unionist/Loyalist element support due to the PC pish. Even worse Snp supporters of our UNIONIST club.

6 minutes ago, falkirkNS said:

Bayern Munich that season at Ibrox is the loudest iver ever heard Ibrox. What a fkn season that was mixing it with Europes elite and what an experience! 12 years old travelling on the bus to Munich was the start of my Euro Aways days bug!!!

For now Ibrox is  a morgue as the OP said, reasons why are...

1.Martin Baldy Bain

2. David Murray

3.SFA

4.UEFA

5.Too much PC Crap/left wing types/SNP at Ibrox.

After Villareal where our board and chairmen let us get butchered from all angles....Celtic minded UEFA delegates the lot! No backbone there and from then in...SFA and Jack McConnels fenian party to go with Heir Salmond and Sturgeons crap. 

I know guys who stopped going for fear of being lifted such was it, Bain was telling the snob lot as id call em to shop the boys singing....From there in tgat was it. Sad but my opinion is we've lost the baws along beside the Protestant/Unionist/Loyalist element support due to the PC pish. Even worse Snp supporters of our UNIONIST club.

I don't believe the atmosphere has died because we can't sing certain songs. We just haven't had many big games in the last 4 years. I'm confident it'll be up there with the best of them when we play them at new year.

Probably my favourite game that i've attended, it's between that and the Edu old firm game. Certainly my best European game.

Top 3 european games for me:

1. Parma

2. Villarreal - the noise when Lovenkrands scored from the edge of the box.

3. Unirea - just kidding, PSV 4-1 thrashing