• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Lloyd72
1 minute ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

Don't make presumptions about my views when you don't know what they are. There was booing at the end of the game - when the ref was approaching the tunnel - that was how to boo a ref.

Fuck up, I'm not presuming you did it. Even if you did do it I couldn't give a fuck.

2 minutes ago, True Azure said:

I've been supporting Rangers for decades and I can tell anyone that poor/crap/heartless performances by teams in the 60's, 70's, 80's were booed.

So a crap,heartless performance which produces a 2-1 should be booed now.Would those booing today have been booing if it was the scum we were down one nil at half time? The same people who would have been going off their nut if it finished 2-1 against the scum. I think we all know the answer to that one.

14 minutes ago, jamess said:

We need to play our part,  and getting on players backs or booing, does not help the cause.  For some players it can be counter productive and make them hide from the ball.  The manager will tell them in no uncertain terms if they are shite

If any of our players are so mentally weak that they go into hiding after a little bit of booing then the sooner we discover them and remove them the better as they arent cut out for our club 

11 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Personally if I seen all the fans pissed off and bored leaving with 15 minutes to go it would inspire me if I was a player to do better.

These are professional players. Something has to come from inside. It can't always be one-way traffic from the fans. It's OK saying the fans need to inspire the players but the players need to inspire the fans too.

In an ideal world yes I'd agree with you, unfortunately it's not, money not love of the game is what drives the modern footballer, we will get the odd player wearing that jersey with pride but they will be few, we are the true Rangers m8, gone are the days of Cooper Greig etc, the support are the people which is why I get frustrated by the weekly exodus on 80 mins whether we're winning 8-0 or losing 1-0

8 minutes ago, sammy cox said:

So a crap,heartless performance which produces a 2-1 should be booed now.Would those booing today have been booing if it was the scum we were down one nil at half time? The same people who would have been going off their nut if it finished 2-1 against the scum. I think we all know the answer to that one.

I repeat, I've seen crap first half performances in every decade I've been supporting, booed. Booing at half time lets poor performing players know that they have to up their game in the second half, and on many occassions that message gets through to the players (I am sure that the HT talk by the manager helps too).

I believe that you are off at a tangent in bringing any Rangers v Sellik game into this thread as I've NEVER heard any booing at them as the players are fully pumped up for this game so the situation NEVER arises.

49 minutes ago, BF2 said:

I'd had a few too many in the Louden and forgot how dear it is. £4.40 for a cheeseburger :drugang:

No wonder Mr Marshall able to send his son to a fancy university rather than have him work down the mines.

2 minutes ago, True Azure said:

I repeat, I've seen crap first half performances in every decade I've been supporting, booed. Booing at half time lets poor performing players know that they have to up their game in the second half, and on many occassions that message gets through to the players (I am sure that the HT talk by the manager helps too).

I believe that you are off at a tangent in bringing any Rangers v Sellik game into this thread as I've NEVER heard any booing at them as the players are fully pumped up for this game so the situation NEVER arises.

So when Rangers teams under Smith and Advocatt went in down a goal at half time they were booed? Or were these same teams booed when they lost a game as they did ? No I don't think so.

1 hour ago, GOAT said:

They were shite if anyone who pays their money wants to boo let them boo.  The team needs to know the performance was unacceptable at times.

Spot on.

The OP can sit and clap if he likes, fuck him telling others what to do.

Cringe

1 hour ago, MasterD said:

If the players can't handle it they can go play for wee diddy teams like they did before they came here.

And if the negative fans can't handle the team being down one nil maybe they should go back to watching the teams that they did before becoming "Rangers Supporters"

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

Fans are great, but sometimes really get on players backs and drain their confidence - McKay being the perfect example.

This is what bothers me about booing. How do you introduce youth on a team where the pressure is so high from the fans, But at the same time how do fans let the team know they are unhappy. Pity we can't use the thumbs up, thumbs down of the gladiator pits to show what were feeling.... :)

45 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Fair enough. 

Can understand you being riled by another poor performance 

Early days though, and a couple of wins and the natural order will be resumed. When we beat the filth they will have to chase us. These cunts don't scare me.

Title 55 is the for the taking. Might not be easy, but we have the bottle. They cunts couldnt get a treble in our absense. Didnt Sir Walter get 3?

Fucks me off that some of our support are so fickle. Not aimed at you btw.

Honestly am normally the guy that takes positives even from defeats! but I just don't know what's going on at the moment. 

You could see it in the first 10 mins of the Motherwell game. Then we imposed our game on them the last 15 and should have scored 4 in that time.

Same last weekend. Could've been 5 up at half time then come out piss poor.

Same again today. Piss poor first half, good 20 min spell after half time then lapsed again.

I love the football we play etc etc, but it's consistency against every team bar cellic, we all know anything can happen on derby day, that wins you the leagues. We need to find our feet shortly and go on a really good run and show were Rangers. We give these teams to much respect, fuck respect the rest of Scottish football hate us. Time to rise to that. 

You know what usually I would agree,  but the team didn't put a foot wrong after those boos today.  Maybe it fired a boot up their arse.

Th first half today was possibly up there with the worse performances we have put in recently.