Rangers v Aberdeen memories

Nieto11878

2 hours ago, Nieto11878 said:

Remember the game that was played on a Saturday night 5.30pm KO and it had play suspended and big Amo was over talking to the fans :pipe:??? Often think this game has more hatred than the old firm game. Also coopers free kick in the League Cup final is one of my favourite all time goals

used to have a contact that got me tickets and player lounge passes, took my mates in wih me one by one each game. couple of beers before the game and a couple after the game, all funded by AFC. stopped in 1993 when I switched jobs

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

I remember Naismith done his cruciate up there. I think it was in 2011.

He went in late on their midfielder and hurt himself in the process, but got up. I remember the boy in front of me saying "he's done his cruciate", but he got up and his mate told him he was talking shite. The boy replied that you can do your cruiciate badly, but still walk. Not for long, though. A few minutes later and Naismith was down again, then stretchered off.

I was gutted for him at the time because he was in a right good run of form, but looking back, I'm not so sympathetic.

Remember that game aswell. Can never get the memory of all the sheep cheering when he hit the deck and we all knew it was a serious injury.

Looking back now it's just a shame it wasn't his neck.

2 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

Only one for me is Championship clincher day 1987 .A day that any bear being there  will never ever forget .

Truly very special 

How could we surpass that day eh? Was one of the first over the hoardings to congratulate the players. Big Woods stood on my foot in the chaos lol. Got absolutely hammered in the east neuk bar before the game and a cargo for the bus down the road. Brilliant day 

Remember reading Ferguson in the Record that morning . He was at Man u at that time ,saying "they might win the league but it won't be at pittodrie today"..... Aye right!

19 minutes ago, Gazza1212 said:

How could we surpass that day eh? Was one of the first over the hoardings to congratulate the players. Big Woods stood on my foot in the chaos lol. Got absolutely hammered in the east neuk bar before the game and a cargo for the bus down the road. Brilliant day 

Remember reading Ferguson in the Record that morning . He was at Man u at that time ,saying "they might win the league but it won't be at pittodrie today"..... Aye right!

You know how good it was mate .Only a select few days can beat it .Helicopter Sunday 1 of course but it was untouchable for this young boy 

5 minutes ago, Moody Blue Legend said:

Obv the title and final clinchers, also our Bus traveling all the way up and finding out the tickets way fake.  Load of raging Bears having none of it then a bundle of legit tickets got thrown over the turnstile.

Funny feeling it might be happening again this weekend.

My first trip to pittodrie I think it was 1985, it was a Wednesday night game and the papers were reporting that Rangers would be playing in front of their smallest away support in many a year as only a thousand fans were expected to make the trip due to bad weather conditions.

I was 15yrs old at the time and bunked off school so we could get up to Glasgow to join up with the nithsdale bus, the bus was rammed but not as rammed as the beach end that night, 1000 bears only......my arse, you couldn't move in it as over 5000 bears roared on our team which was in trying times back then.

From what I remember of the game I sure we lost either 1-0 or 2-1, think it was the latter with dougie bell being sent off, it mattered not a jot as the bears made an absolute racket in the beach end behind the goal, probably still is my favourite away end for atmosphere to this day.

Any of the older bears remember this night?

1 hour ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

I remember Naismith done his cruciate up there. I think it was in 2011.

He went in late on their midfielder and hurt himself in the process, but got up. I remember the boy in front of me saying "he's done his cruciate", but he got up and his mate told him he was talking shite. The boy replied that you can do your cruiciate badly, but still walk. Not for long, though. A few minutes later and Naismith was down again, then stretchered off.

I was gutted for him at the time because he was in a right good run of form, but looking back, I'm not so sympathetic.

It certainly was in 2011; October 29 to be precise. Naismith clattered Rob Milsom with a tackle that should have been a straight Red and both of them had to be carted off, which is what I think saved Naismith from getting carded. I couldn't believe that Naismith actually came back on and I remember saying to Casey Jones at the time I would give Naismith 5 minutes before he needed a stretcher. Hardly got the words out my mouth and Naismith went down like a bag of shit almost directly in front of us and that was it for him.

I am positive that if Willie Collum had sent him off for the tackle on Milsom, he might not had such a problem with his cruciate, because coming back on was fucking stupid on the part of our medical team and our manager. We were breezing that game until Shagger made a total fuck up of a weak long range shot from Ricky Foster and suddenly it was 2-1 to us, but we got there in the end.

16 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

Can't find the goal on YouTube, but Mark Hatley ran onto a through ball from his own half and skelped it from around 25 yards, it was a screamer.

Pretty sure it was a midweek game at Shitoddrie. 

Yip, we won 3-1 I'm sure McCoist got which turned out to be the winner with a beautiful chip shot at the angle.

Just now, hammer93 said:

Yip, we won 3-1 I'm sure McCoist got which turned out to be the winner with a beautiful chip shot at the angle.

I remember thinking at the time why did he hit it so early? Even watching the replays I kept expecting him to take it in closer as it was only the keeper to beat.

Still trying to find it, it was a peach of a hit.

Just now, Dazzler said:

I remember thinking at the time why did he hit it so early? Even watching the replays I kept expecting him to take it in closer as it was only the keeper to beat.

Still trying to find it, it was a peach of a hit.

He outstripped David Winnie for pace (was supposed to be fast) and as you say thumped it home from 25yrds, I know we went 2 up but can't remember if it was hately or McCoist who got the 2nd.

8 minutes ago, Ozblue said:

It certainly was in 2011; October 29 to be precise. Naismith clattered Rob Milsom with a tackle that should have been a straight Red and both of them had to be carted off, which is what I think saved Naismith from getting carded. I couldn't believe that Naismith actually came back on and I remember saying to Casey Jones at the time I would give Naismith 5 minutes before he needed a stretcher. Hardly got the words out my mouth and Naismith went down like a bag of shit almost directly in front of us and that was it for him.

I am positive that if Willie Collum had sent him off for the tackle on Milsom, he might not had such a problem with his cruciate, because coming back on was fucking stupid on the part of our medical team and our manager. We were breezing that game until Shagger made a total fuck up of a weak long range shot from Ricky Foster and suddenly it was 2-1 to us, but we got there in the end.

Aye, that's the one.

I remember Foster taking a throw-in in front of us and everyone singing "Ricky Foster, Champion, oooh, oooh, oooh!" He was buzzing, you could tell.

He done alright for us when he was on loan the season before. His second spell, fucking woeful.

30 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

My first trip to pittodrie I think it was 1985, it was a Wednesday night game and the papers were reporting that Rangers would be playing in front of their smallest away support in many a year as only a thousand fans were expected to make the trip due to bad weather conditions.

I was 15yrs old at the time and bunked off school so we could get up to Glasgow to join up with the nithsdale bus, the bus was rammed but not as rammed as the beach end that night, 1000 bears only......my arse, you couldn't move in it as over 5000 bears roared on our team which was in trying times back then.

From what I remember of the game I sure we lost either 1-0 or 2-1, think it was the latter with dougie bell being sent off, it mattered not a jot as the bears made an absolute racket in the beach end behind the goal, probably still is my favourite away end for atmosphere to this day.

Any of the older bears remember this night?

Remember that game mate , I'm sure Jim Bett & Bell were sent off for fighting . As you say the beach end benches were bouncing that night and I don't think we deserved to lose that night (might be biased though)

After the match , the police made the travelling Bears go up and over the hill outside ,that was about a foot deep in snow, to get to the buses . One of the older guys from our bus slipped & fell then found out 2 days later that he had broken his ankle .Aberdeen away was always a great trip in those days before the bus searches etc . Bus left early so we arrived up there for opening time , then usually had a stop off on the return journey . Only fuck up then was the football .

22 minutes ago, Fred H Crawford said:

Remember that game mate , I'm sure Jim Bett & Bell were sent off for fighting . As you say the beach end benches were bouncing that night and I don't think we deserved to lose that night (might be biased though)

After the match , the police made the travelling Bears go up and over the hill outside ,that was about a foot deep in snow, to get to the buses . One of the older guys from our bus slipped & fell then found out 2 days later that he had broken his ankle .Aberdeen away was always a great trip in those days before the bus searches etc . Bus left early so we arrived up there for opening time , then usually had a stop off on the return journey . Only fuck up then was the football .

It's coming back to me with bett & bell fighting, as you will remember it was tough times watching the bears back then as we were on the recieving end of a few hammerings up there, I remember we gave them a good game that night and lost to a late goal if I'm right, things would soon change up there when it was us dishing out the hammerings:pipe: