Rangers v Aberdeen memories

Nieto11878

6 hours ago, Nieto11878 said:

Remember the game that was played on a Saturday night 5.30pm KO and it had play suspended and big Amo was over talking to the fans :pipe:??? Often think this game has more hatred than the old firm game. Also coopers free kick in the League Cup final is one of my favourite all time goals 

I was at the game you speak of, it was the last 6.05 KO live on Sky on a Saturday night. After this match and the carry on I think it was the end of the late kick off matches. Game got stopped for half an hour or so, police on the pitch, Robbie winters got coined off the back of his nut (hence the game being stopped). Amo scored the only goal in that game, silence of the lambs...BAAAAAA

.... ???

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Would have to be the league victory in in 87  ... I still remember after the game some guys who had been just in front of us walking across the hill on the beach went into the boot of their car and took out the biggest bottle of champagne I've ever seen and started giving everybody a drink in plastic cups to toast the success  :pipe:

8 minutes ago, Voicey said:

I was at the game you speak of, it was the last 6.05 KO live on Sky on a Saturday night. After this match and the carry on I think it was the end of the late kick off matches. Game got stopped for half an hour or so, police on the pitch, Robbie winters got coined off the back of his nut (hence the game being stopped). Amo scored the only goal in that game, silence of the lambs...BAAAAAA

.... ???

Amos goal came right after the game restarted , about a few minutes or so . Bet that was some celebration in the rangers end 

I remember going to watch a midweek game against them maybe 16 year ago at ibrox, our bus ended up getting its Windows panned in from them, fucking hate them nearly as much as the tims, going to shittodrie is a nightmare, shitey team, shitey fans, shitey stadium, shitey club, shitey city!!....

1 hour ago, Voicey said:

.... ???

Amos goal was a cracker. On his weaker foot as well.

5 hours ago, centenarystand said:

Used to love going up there when we seated in the paddock (thinks that what it was called), loved drinking in the city centre before  the game. Only problem was we kept getting beat doh and when  i eventually saw my first win we were switched to the beach end, Johnstone and Prytz.

Yeah remember those days very well mate .The days when you could walk about City centre and people wouldn't bat an eyelid for the team you supported 

Remember getting wrecked one night and going to watch "Queen of the Blues" starring Mary Millington .

We lost 3-2 after being in the lead 2-1 78 I think 

Brilliant going up there then .Even when we got the beach end in 82  ,there were some good times in amongst the very bad results .

Think the birth of the Aberdeen hate was due to Fergie though .No doubts about it .

I work up there on occasions but I hate the place now due to their club and it's fans 

So many ..

1-0 at Pittodrie the famous Hateley headed winner late on, Goram having the game of his life. It's got highlights readily available on all the DVD's - my first time there as a wee boy.

3-1 Ibrox Gaza hat-trick to win 8 in a row.

4-2 Pittodrie win in the Aberdeen end behind the goal.

1-0 Amoruso the riot night at Pittodrie - the plan was if Rangers scored before it kicked off when it did the ICF were gonna storm the stand behind the goal. Every one of them going up that night had mentally prepared theirself's for the jail and some made arrangements with their work/family.

3-2 in 2010 at Pittodrie coming from 2-0 down.

1-0 Pittodrie same season Jelavic over-head kick. Was a great night. Stayed the night up there. Got train up with CaseyJones from here booked apartments at the Harbour .. came out the game and went to the grass at the amusments with a massive cargo, hung the big flag up and ended up having a riot van screetching down towards us and waited with us till we finished our drink ... this was before it was Police Scotland and under SNP's scummy thumb,

2-1 at Parkhead 1993 Scottish Cup Final - my first ever cup final.

Special mention to a typical end of season game one year when I was a bit off the rails think it was 2004 Celtic had won the league couple of weeks before ... late late Ronald De Boer equaliser 1-1 ... had been up for 2 days on a bender and spent the journey up in a guys car drinking Bacardi and coke ... lost them at the game, nowhere to be seen way out .. had to skip the train all the way down the road because I lost my bank card.. part 1 Aberdeen to Glasgow was fine, so easy ... the train from Glasgow to Dumbarton... ticket guy came Dalmuir, booted me off and walked the last 7 miles or something with some drink I had left/got given on the train from the Aberdeen part .. made it home and slept for days.

Right bad memory was a game at Hampden, cup semi 95 or 96 ... they beat us 2-1 Salenko scored a screamer to give us a bit of hope near the end but the damage was done. We took too long to get going that night. Just a right horrible night worst I've felt against them,

First game up there was one of the Sunday night affairs. We won, 2-0 or 2-1 or something. Seemed to be around the time BMG was started in the grounds (as I didn't know it).

Have always been pishy lunch time ko's since. 

Edit, I think I was at another one at night, probably a split game (not the one when the tims won the league at Tannadice)

5 hours ago, fanaticCR said:

Jelavic over head kick in a Wednesday night game.

Does my box in how if we get a result, they take you straight out and back on motorway. If you lose its a big detour passing all the inbred cunts.

I never knew that shit .That is just too weird but no surprise with Rangers fans 

my guess it's a bit different with the scum 

I've been up there about 4-5 times and I've never enjoyed it once. Not because of the scores, but because of the people. It has to be the worse city in this country for friendliness, they have none.

I remember once the bus got digs and we stayed the night. We all went back to the digs to get freshened up for a night out and not one club, pub or anywhere that sold drink would let any of us in.

It's a fucking dump and the people as crabbit cunts. The place needs nuked!

My favourite all time one so far is when big Jelavic scored the overhead kick.  Midweek game and our bus was absolutely bouncing leaving Pittodrie that night.  The Aberdeen is full of shite song a good ten minutes non stop.  I just mind the women copper outside our bus as we pulled out pittodrie looking at us as if we were fucking daft. :lol: great trip, great goal.

another mention to the 3-1 game in 2005 when big Prso scored a back heel and ran right down the Rangers end and slid on his arse in front of us.  I was in the only uncovered area of the fucking ground that day and it was fucking pishing doon, soaked all the way back to Glasgow but it was worth it. The bheggers beat us the week earlier and proclaimed to have won the league at ibrox, 5 points clear the rest is fucking history.... :D 

3 hours ago, gazza27 said:

wasnt at this one but always a good watch,Goram:crywank:

This is the one I was going to mention, very few bears at this due to redevelopment. Was a proper seige mentality on and off the park. Big Mark scored right in front of us and the Goalie was outstanding throughout. Think it was the one and only time I went their midweek.

1.  Gazza scoring three against them, what a performance
  2. Coopers free kick.  Leighton claiming he got a hand to it, aye on the way out.
  3. Beating them 5-0 and 5-1 in the same year, 1999 or 2000

Remember a cup game at pittodrie where I struggled for a ticket but got one outside the ground.  Got ejected before the game started, but managed to get back in.  Half way through the game got thrown out, don't remember what for.  Managed to get in for a third time and kept quiet.  :D

3 hours ago, K.A.I said:

So many ..

1-0 at Pittodrie the famous Hateley headed winner late on, Goram having the game of his life. It's got highlights readily available on all the DVD's - my first time there as a wee boy.

3-1 Ibrox Gaza hat-trick to win 8 in a row.

4-2 Pittodrie win in the Aberdeen end behind the goal.

1-0 Amoruso the riot night at Pittodrie - the plan was if Rangers scored before it kicked off when it did the ICF were gonna storm the stand behind the goal. Every one of them going up that night had mentally prepared theirself's for the jail and some made arrangements with their work/family.

3-2 in 2010 at Pittodrie coming from 2-0 down.

1-0 Pittodrie same season Jelavic over-head kick. Was a great night. Stayed the night up there. Got train up with CaseyJones from here booked apartments at the Harbour .. came out the game and went to the grass at the amusments with a massive cargo, hung the big flag up and ended up having a riot van screetching down towards us and waited with us till we finished our drink ... this was before it was Police Scotland and under SNP's scummy thumb,

2-1 at Parkhead 1993 Scottish Cup Final - my first ever cup final.

Special mention to a typical end of season game one year when I was a bit off the rails think it was 2004 Celtic had won the league couple of weeks before ... late late Ronald De Boer equaliser 1-1 ... had been up for 2 days on a bender and spent the journey up in a guys car drinking Bacardi and coke ... lost them at the game, nowhere to be seen way out .. had to skip the train all the way down the road because I lost my bank card.. part 1 Aberdeen to Glasgow was fine, so easy ... the train from Glasgow to Dumbarton... ticket guy came Dalmuir, booted me off and walked the last 7 miles or something with some drink I had left/got given on the train from the Aberdeen part .. made it home and slept for days.

Right bad memory was a game at Hampden, cup semi 95 or 96 ... they beat us 2-1 Salenko scored a screamer to give us a bit of hope near the end but the damage was done. We took too long to get going that night. Just a right horrible night worst I've felt against them,

I remember Frank scoring a header from a freekick with 4/5 mins to go in a 1-1 game at shittodrie on St Valentines day 2004.

Just now, cumnockbear said:

I remember Frank scoring a header from a freekick with 4/5 mins to go in a 1-1 game at shittodrie on St Valentines day 2004.

That will be the game then. Ronald or Frank, who cares - last minute equaliser's and sending them home gutted are what counts :D

Golf balls with nails in them was a common 'gift' from those scumbags! I lived in Aberdeen for 10 years and have never met such a bitter and obsessed bunch of lowlifes. I remember the UEFA cup final, there was a particular arsehole who was swanning around Filthy McNasty with a sheep top with Zenit on the back. At the end of the game he was jumping around and winding up all the bears, with no shame. I now get really pumped up for our games against them, more so than OF games at times.

6 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

That will be the game then. Ronald or Frank, who cares - last minute equaliser's and sending them home gutted are what counts :D

True :D wasn't trying to be smart or fuck all :lol: just wasn't sure if it was a different game we were both thinking about and the Frank header jumped into my mind.