Hampden Booed Lee Wallace?

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd play Wallace in a back 3 tomorrow as left cebtre half tbh!

However lets get this straight everyone is entitled to their own opinions on the national team and no one on here should criticise anyone who attends games.

Do I want Scotland to do well? Yes

Do I go to games? No

Used to go a few years back and things have changed. Things like the Lee Wallace is a grass thing that was Hibs fans that started that and fair enough. They beat us they're entitled to take the piss but when every other Scottish football fan joins in with it then yeah you know it's just pure hatred for Rangers. The sheepshaggers were singing about it. Who even knows why??

Back to Scotland where the problem lies within the hardcore 'Tartan Army'. This is where the problem lies.

They consist of nationalists who are 50+ who basically have no concept of modern day football. Along with outdated songs they quite frankly have no knowledge of football.

Thrse members who go to away games and many go with their wives go abroad as some sort of nationalistic reason rather than to support the team. Show any of them on their travels for example picture of Eden Hazard who every football fan would recognise then they would be clueless cos quite frankly they don't understand football.

This was shown when against Lithuania the crowd were booing after 20 odd mins cos Scotland kept possession of the ball for a bit and passed back.

I was embarrassed watching it the amount of booing in the game for quite frankly no reason.

As I said I do want Scotland to win and do well but this nationalist behaviour is not on. Go as a football fan and not for political reasons. It's time for 'normal' fans to go along not these halfwits in kilts and stupid hats. Hopefully that generation will die out and we can get back to supporting Scotland.

Sadly don't think that'll be soon. But would love a hardcore Rangers support in there just to show them.

6 hours ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

I'd play Wallace in a back 3 tomorrow as left cebtre half tbh!

However lets get this straight everyone is entitled to their own opinions on the national team and no one on here should criticise anyone who attends games.

Do I want Scotland to do well? Yes

Do I go to games? No

Used to go a few years back and things have changed. Things like the Lee Wallace is a grass thing that was Hibs fans that started that and fair enough. They beat us they're entitled to take the piss but when every other Scottish football fan joins in with it then yeah you know it's just pure hatred for Rangers. The sheepshaggers were singing about it. Who even knows why??

Back to Scotland where the problem lies within the hardcore 'Tartan Army'. This is where the problem lies.

They consist of nationalists who are 50+ who basically have no concept of modern day football. Along with outdated songs they quite frankly have no knowledge of football.

Thrse members who go to away games and many go with their wives go abroad as some sort of nationalistic reason rather than to support the team. Show any of them on their travels for example picture of Eden Hazard who every football fan would recognise then they would be clueless cos quite frankly they don't understand football.

This was shown when against Lithuania the crowd were booing after 20 odd mins cos Scotland kept possession of the ball for a bit and passed back.

I was embarrassed watching it the amount of booing in the game for quite frankly no reason.

As I said I do want Scotland to win and do well but this nationalist behaviour is not on. Go as a football fan and not for political reasons. It's time for 'normal' fans to go along not these halfwits in kilts and stupid hats. Hopefully that generation will die out and we can get back to supporting Scotland.

Sadly don't think that'll be soon. But would love a hardcore Rangers support in there just to show them.

I'm a SNP supporter - 59+ - go to away games with out my wife - 30 year Rangers season ticket holder - hate cu jimmy hats - the booing you referred to against Lithuania is cause we were playing gash - the same booing we have seen at ibrox! Stereo types don't work for Rangers fans or Scots fans 

Who is eden hazard? :pipe: 

18 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

I'm a SNP supporter - 59+ - go to away games with out my wife - 30 year Rangers season ticket holder - hate cu jimmy hats - the booing you referred to against Lithuania is cause we were playing gash - the same booing we have seen at ibrox! Stereo types don't work for Rangers fans or Scots fans 

Bp9 away game, kiddin on he's sleepin, dafty folk wae dafty ways ! ?:sherlock:

image.jpeg

2 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Eve, she started all the trouble with a bloody apple and that dafty Adam took it!

I, like a lot of older Rangers supporters used to go and watch  Scotland in the home internationals etc., when there was 3-4,000 in Hampden. It was probably the only chance we got to see great players from other countries play live as there wasn't such a huge TV coverage then.

The support then were, as previously stated, made up of mostly Rangers fans, and the only time you had difficulty getting a ticket was for the England game. One of the reasons a percentage of the support has, (probably), changed to 'followers', is these so called supporters, (who, occasionally, boo everything from holding onto the ball for long periods, to the national anthems of other countries, and to players who represent their own country),   do not get much of a chance to visit foreign places with their own clubs.

I would reckon a percentage of them don't actually support, they go because it's an easy excuse to have a drink, behave,  on occasion badly, and it gives some of them an excuse to spout their nationalist bile. It's a few days away from an overbearing wife!, some couldn't care about the result.

There will be the guys who genuinely care about the team and will support whoever pulls on the jersey, but if the comments regarding booing are to be believed, they are becoming fewer in number and the bitter nationalists are starting to gnaw their way in.

It used to be regarded as an honour by Rangers players to represent your country, but if the booing happened, as stated, it must be difficult for them and I for one wouldn't blame them if they didn't want to play.

As I stated, I used to go to a lot of Scotland games but mostly at home, Wembley a couple of times, but I, like a lot of supporters, have become disillusioned with the way the support has gone and the way football in Scotland has treated Rangers. They still have my interest  when they are playing, but am I too bothered?, no not so much now!

If a Rangers supporter wants to follow Scotland they should be free to do so, without being subjected to any hassle, it's their choice the same as it's the choice of others not to.

16 hours ago, Briton said:

Many Rangers supporters still support Scotland.  Fuck you.

10 hours ago, 1ClubMan72 said:

Glad we have some sane reasonable bears still around.

Very interesting bp9 has liked a post tht an actual tim has posted. Bp9 you do know that this guys a tim but you'll happily like one of his posts but like a good old arguement with fellow bears.

im not saying your a tim bp9 I know you aren't mate.

2 hours ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

Bp9 away game, kiddin on he's sleepin, dafty folk wae dafty ways ! ?:sherlock:

image.jpeg

Sadly is the norm for a big section of the tartan trannies and it was that type of bare arsed stuff which chased me away.
That and the real bitter anti English hatred.
How the fuck can you condone that above.
That is so wrong.

3 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

tartan-army.jpgJS48636601.jpgJS45715975.jpgJS32624666.jpg_43012539_scots2.jpg_43012539_scots2.jpgSadly not a stereotype just the truth.The fans were booing after 10 mins!! Just a complete lack of football knowledge. An outdated support summed up by  only singing 2 songs .

'Oh Glasgow Rangers, you're the only team for me'

I don't care if Scotland win lose or draw. They're terrible to watch and have been for years now. The tartan gayboys are a whole different ball game, I don't see them as a group that follow Scotland, I just see them as Rangers-haters as that's all they are. But it must be remembered the whole support isn't made up of the 'tartan army' there are other people in there as well who don't have the same views/beliefs 

Let's not forget the young guy that tragically died after falling down stairs after the Ireland match was a Rangers fan from Ayrshire. So let's not tar them all with the same brush 

2 hours ago, scottyscott1963 said:

Sadly is the norm for a big section of the tartan trannies and it was that type of bare arsed stuff which chased me away.
That and the real bitter anti English hatred.
How the fuck can you condone that above.
That is so wrong.

Stopped going in the 80s, last game I attended was a wc qualifier at hampdump in 1984 against Spain and Scotland won 3-1 but was changing even then, used to go to Wembley as well but even that got fucked up and you are correct you can't condone it, something not right there !:sherlock:

Said this before but as a bear born in the nineties and who went to school throughout the noughties or whatever they are called , I have always felt a clear difference between the bulk of the Scotland support and rangers support and have therefor never really gave a rats arse in regard to Scotland and most rangers fans of my generation seem to be the same , now timed with the last 4 years and the rise of nationalism and any connection is at an all time low . As for the tartan army fuck them . 

One thing I noticed is that the Scotland support does seem to be filling up with a lot more of the more bitter variety of "them" as of late or they are certainly jumping on the bandwagon anyway . when I was at school , most bears seemed to not bother with international football whereas the bheggars all supported Ireland 

2 hours ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

Stopped going in the 80s, last game I attended was a wc qualifier at hampdump in 1984 against Spain and Scotland won 3-1 but was changing even then, used to go to Wembley as well but even that got fucked up and you are correct you can't condone it, something not right there !:sherlock:

Like yourself I stopped going after the way the "tartan army" conducted themselves in London at the 1981 match at Wembley. You could actually feel the anti English hating cunts creeping in then. Had been at Wembley 5 times and it was great weekends, but decided after that match that I was finished. Got family born in England and feel embarrassed the way these cunts conduct themselves and was glad when this match was stopped. How any grown man thinks it's funny to flash themselves in the company of women and kids is wrong in every sense. Been in plenty of situations where boys will be boys in certain situations but not fuckin doing handstands in Piccadilly Circus in front of women and kids. Honestly feel that these cunts should be caged for exposing themselves and that would stop it.   

5 hours ago, pollok-bear said:

Very interesting bp9 has liked a post tht an actual tim has posted. Bp9 you do know that this guys a tim but you'll happily like one of his posts but like a good old arguement with fellow bears.

im not saying your a tim bp9 I know you aren't mate.

We have tims on here?( other than just folk accusing folk of being tims) ? Sad I take everyone at face value! 

4 hours ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

tartan-army.jpgJS48636601.jpgJS45715975.jpgJS32624666.jpg_43012539_scots2.jpg_43012539_scots2.jpgSadly not a stereotype just the truth.The fans were booing after 10 mins!! Just a complete lack of football knowledge. An outdated support summed up by  only singing 2 songs .

Hardly any cu jimmy hats there - just a lot of folk enjoying themselves - surely you could have found more damming photos to have a dig with! These photos re- enforce that Scots fans like a bit of fun and a wee singsong - imagine football fans doing that!

9 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

HuH before the game kicked off tartan trannies boo the team before a ball was kicked because they forseen the team playing gash? and it just so happened it was when Wallaces name was called out. I smell pishhhhhh

36 minutes ago, bluenosebrad said:

HuH before the game kicked off tartan trannies boo the team before a ball was kicked because they forseen the team playing gash? and it just so happened it was when Wallaces name was called out. I smell pishhhhhh

You need to reread the post I was responding to before spewing your garbage onto the page. 

6 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

And Scottish Rangers fans? Get it right up them :rolleyes:

If they want to , then that is their choice and I am not going to tell them otherwise .same as I couldn't care wether Scotland went on to win the game or even qualify for the World Cup , just anything that gets the tartan trannies knickers in a twist is a positive in my book