Formation Against Qots

Anyone else think we'd be better to play 3-5-2 against them on Saturday?

That's twice we've played 4-4-2 away to QOTS and twice we have been easily defeated.

IMO we need to play similar to the way we did at Easter Road when we beat Hibs 2-0 and produced what was probably our best performance of the season.

We have to match them in midfield, stop them playing through us and go from there.

Thoughts?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Read McCalls comments in the paper today and he seemed to be suggesting that's how we'll line up. That's fine with me because we've played some of our best football in a 3-5-2.

We have had more possession in each of the matches we have played them, to stop counter attacking football, then there needs to be an extra man in defense/ midfielder .. old fashion sweeper

We had 58% and 4 times as many shots as they did, they got lucky and they wont again ... confident we will win both legs

We have had more possession in each of the matches we have played them, to stop counter attacking football, then there needs to be an extra man in defense/ midfielder .. old fashion sweeper

We had 58% and 4 times as many shots as they did, they got lucky and they wont again ... confident we will win both legs

It was far from luck to be honest.

How many clear cut chances can you remember us creating in either game? I for one, can't remember any.

They are a fast counter attcking side, which he have failed to stop in the games against them.

But how are they if the team they are playing is not attcking as much?

I would like to see how they fair when they need to break down a defence/midfield, as I think they would struggle trying to do that.

Let's not play to their strengths once again.

5-3-2 (wing backs).

Bell

Law mcgregor zaliukas gasparotto Wallace

Murdoch shiels vuckic

gallagher

Hardie

I think that defending we'd have enough behind the ball and attacking we'd get enough men forward to cause problems. Shiels and Crawford can also drift wide to offer the overlap with the wing backs.

Gasparotto for me is the one risk but given the reports coming from airdrie I'd say it's less of a risk than mcculloch or mohsni.

Hardie up front for me with Gallagher just off him to give a bit of pace and energy up front as all we'd get from Clark would be lots of running and no end product.

Go to be 3-5-2

Bell

McGregor

Gasparotto

Zaliukas

Foster

Murdoch

Law

Shiels

Wallace

Miller

Clark

Would be happy enough with this however you've opted to leave vuckic out and also playing Miller and Clark is what QoS would expect. That's why I'd opt for Hardie and Gallagher to mix things up a bit as I doubt QoS know that much about them.

Would be happy enough with this however you've opted to leave vuckic out and also playing Miller and Clark is what QoS would expect. That's why I'd opt for Hardie and Gallagher to mix things up a bit as I doubt QoS know that much about them.

Can't believe I forgot Vuckic, in that case I'd go for Vuckic upfront instead of Clark.

______________Bell_________________

___McGregor__Mohsni__Zaliukas______

_Foster_Law_Murdoch_Shiels_Wallace_

__________Miller__Vuckic___________

More realistically, I think we will see Jig playing as one of the CB's with McGregor playing at RWB if he decides to go with this formation.