Players Out/players In

GraP

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hes been one of the best players in the championship this season theyll either have him shipped out on loan to another EPL team or might even decide to keep him around for thereselves.

Or he could come here and experience an Old Firm and help us push for European Football.

There's nothing wrong with taking a punt on a young, out of contract player with a decent record from the Championship IMO.

Dundee Utd have shown that it's a market where you can find talented players if you do your homework.

You have just as much chance of finding a Griffiths, McKay-Steven or a Robertson as you do of finding a Clark.

Totally agree this is a route we should be trying to look at and hopefully with a scouting network implemented sometime soon this can be a route we can go down. That said, for every Robertson there are dozens of failures and never had-its. Not too many have come from the lower regions (in a first team squad) and made it to play for us or that mob.

What worries me; if the promised investment doesn't materialize and we end up signing a load of frees from the Championship and the like, making that the rule rather than the exception - with the expectation being for us to challenge the MM within a relatively short time frame - I think we'd be fucked.

Totally agree this is a route we should be trying to look at and hopefully with a scouting network implemented sometime soon this can be a route we can go down. That said, for every Robertson there are dozens of failures and never had-its. Not too many have come from the lower regions (in a first team squad) and made it to play for us or that mob.

What worries me; if the promised investment doesn't materialize and we end up signing a load of frees from the Championship and the like, making that the rule rather than the exception - with the expectation being for us to challenge the MM within a relatively short time frame - I think we'd be fucked.

Agree with all of that.

I think with the gulf in quality being less than it has been in the past there's never been a better time for a younger player playing at a lower league to get spotted and maybe earn an opportunity that they wouldn't have had before.

It's vital that we get pitt scouting system right and do our homework on anybody at that level who might doing well though.

The best keeper we can find. Sorry but Cammie Bell is a nightmare at cross balls... How about young Christie at ICT. Played a blinder against them last weekend. Quite like the look of their wing backs as well, shinnie and the scouser.

Christie is looking like he will be going to West Bromwich...

I an judging this on promotion to the spl. I think we will get in the region of 5 to 10m to spend on transfer fees and if spent correctly we could challenge a poor celtic side. It can be very easy to catch up in the spl as O'neil big eck and Walter have proved recently. Those saying it will take 7 years are wrong imo. Massive job though.

Out - everyone of of contract bar mcgregor.

In -

wilson

Allen

May

Dorrans

Hutton

Aluko

Anya

Mackie

Mcgregor (I know)

vuckic

These players are realistic and wouldn't cost a bomb in transfer fees. We should play a 433/451 next season

A Mcgregor

Hutton

D Mcgregor

Wilson

Wallace

Dorrans

Allen

Murdoch

Mackie

May

Aluko

Unfortunately these players we have now might not get us up tho...

I an judging this on promotion to the spl. I think we will get in the region of 5 to 10m to spend on transfer fees and if spent correctly we could challenge a poor celtic side. It can be very easy to catch up in the spl as O'neil big eck and Walter have proved recently. Those saying it will take 7 years are wrong imo. Massive job though.

In -

wilson

Allen

May

Dorrans

Hutton

Aluko

Anya

Mackie

Mcgregor (I know)

vuckic

These players are realistic and wouldn't cost a bomb in transfer fees. We should play a 433/451 next season

A Mcgregor

Hutton

D Mcgregor

Wilson

Wallace

Dorrans

Allen

Murdoch

Mackie

May

Aluko

So realistically, put a price beside each player and tell me the wage you'd see us paying them too.

I'll keep my opinion to myself until then.

So realistically, put a price beside each player and tell me the wage you'd see us paying them too.

I'll keep my opinion to myself until then.

Aluko may mcgregor Anya vuckic Mackie are the ones who would require a fee. 10m would get all of them I'd imagine

Aluko may and mcgregor are the only ones who would require a fee. 5m would get all three I'd imagine

So are we loaning Hutton, Vuckic, Mackie and Anya?

You do realise this is incredibly unrealistic, right? You're just winding us up?

Check edited post

£10 Million on transfer fees, now we move onto the wages.

Hutton will probably be on about £20k a week.

Mackie will be on the same, if not more, since he previously played for QPR who just hand out money.

Anya must be on at least £10k a week.

Vuckic is apparently on similar.

McGregor won't be on less after he left us, so make that at least £20k a week.

Aluko will probably have been on 5k-7k while in the Championship and they usually have a bonus in their contract which doubles it when they're promoted, so again at least 10k a week.

Allan and May, we could probably afford.

But all that? They're not going to lower their wage demands to play for us. If you follow that rough guide that's adding £5million onto our wage bill and that's not including bonuses and such that they all get.

So all in all, it's not going to happen. Also, Allan requires a fee too.

In -

wilson

Allen

May

Dorrans

Hutton

Aluko

Anya

Mackie

Mcgregor (I know)

vuckic

A Mcgregor

Hutton

D Mcgregor

Wilson

Wallace

Dorrans

Allen

Murdoch

Mackie

May

Aluko

Fuck sake :lol::lol::lol: