Will you give the Pars your money now ?

FUDGIE52

Dunfermline 'have problems' with prospect of new Rangers' SPL entry

Dunfermline Athletic chairman John Yorkston says he is uncomfortable over the prospect of any ‘new Rangers’ being given a free pass into the Scottish Premier League.

Rangers are currently in administration and have been docked 10 points by the SPL. Player redundancies are expected on Monday, with £1m a month needing to be cut from the club’s overheads.

Administrators Duff and Phelps raised the possibility over the weekend of the current club being liquidated, meaning a new club could be formed to inherit Rangers’ assets.

SPL rules allow for the member share of a liquidated club to be transferred to another company, providing 90% of clubs agree on possible sanctions and the league’s board then approve the sale.

Yorkston would be one of the persons voting on any side inheriting Rangers’ member share and he says he is unsure if his club would give their approval.

“We have problems with that,” said Yorkston when asked for his thoughts on the prospect of a new Rangers being allowed into the SPL.

“We have a different view if they go into administration and come out of that. But if they go into liquidation, would we vote for them?

“We would have to see what's behind it all. It's an awkward one.

“There are always scenarios each way. But we have to look at all the facts first before we make a hard and fast rule.

“As we speak today, if they come out of administration I personally feel it's a clean slate job. If it's liquidation, it's a completely different kettle of fish.”

Yorkston, speaking prior to his attendance at an SPL general meeting over a change on rules to financial fair play, says a Rangers which survives should not be hit with any further sanctions.

If the current company were to cease to exist, the Pars chairman says it could be the case that the new club’s route into the top flight would be blocked, leaving them to apply to join the Scottish Football League.

“I no way am I condoning what's happened at Rangers with Craig Whyte,” he said. “On the other hand, any normal company coming out of administration comes out with a clean slate.

“If they come out of administration, that's what happens. Liquidation is a completely different situation and they may well have to go down to the Third Division.

“We would have to look at it and see what all the facts are.

“The SPL has got to accept a new application. That would depend if the members were inclined to accept it or not.

“If they went to the SFL, I am sure they would want them to start in the lowest division.”

http://sport.stv.tv/...gers-spl-entry/

Whole thing was pathetic from the start.

Dunfermline have been on their uppers for ages, cause their fans don’t bother turning up.

Then when our club is in the shitter our fans are trying to help a club that has been fined for shafting us with ticket prices. You think their fans are having a whip round for us.

Fuck Dunfermline, let them sort out their own problems.

Yorkston has got to look out for his own club.  If they have any chance of staying in the SPL they'd be crazy not to look at every angle.<br><br>Imagine the fans feelings if he said he'd be happy for a brand new company effectively taking Rangers place in the SPL while his team get relegated?

There's no way Rangers will be going down to any 3rd division.

The only way Yorkston would vote for that, would be if it saved the pars from relegation. The same applies to the rest. I doubt even liewell would vote for it if it came to it.

The SPL would be lost without its biggest and most successful club, and they know it.

I don't have a problem with what he is saying it would be double standards. if it happened to his club they would definately go down.

If the scenario played out that we were invited back in that would set a precedent and the likes of killie,Dunfermline, hearts dun utd in fact just about everybody (apart from the rich taigs who don't owe anybody a penny) would all just liquidate their own clubs to get rid of debts.

As I've said in another thread fuck the spl with punitive penalties I'd rather we went to the third division.

A pretty fair summation.

If you break the rules, you should be prepared to make reparations. If that entails joining the SFL - so be it.

Can't say I blame them either, and in some respects I think that the 3rd Div start would be good for us. Build a young team and grow them over the next 3/4 years.

It would certainly ensure that when we got back to the SPL we didn't get anymore crap from the other clubs, as they would realise that one OF team is not enough to survive on. We may even see some others taking our place in the 3rd thereafter!!

If we're going 3 years in the wilderness, which would effectively see us crippled for a decade or more, then we'd be as well exploring doing it elsewhere and the SPL can go feck itself.

If we have to start at the bottom I'm sure we'd find a way.

I don't understand, (or perhaps I do), why some are in favour of us going down to div 3.

They clearly don't understand the repercussions of doing so. (or maybe they do)

If we're going 3 years in the wilderness, which would effectively see us crippled for a decade or more, then we'd be as well exploring doing it elsewhere and the SPL can go feck itself.

I don't understand, (or perhaps I do), why some are in favour of us going down to div 3.

I don't think anyone is in favour of it but why would the rules not apply to us ?

If Rangers go down to the third division the Spl will die, The support of other clubs bar us and the scum never turn up to games. Cant understand some of the posts in this thread from Rangers supporters or supposed football supporters.

Attention seeking idiots at best.

Some might not like this, but if we drop into the Third Division our crowds will drop. We would maybe get around 25,000 at home games. The SPL is where we belong and the people who have got us in to this mess should be strung up.

That's what can happen when you fuck everyone over for selfish reasons. You can't say you weren't warned about where Whyte's actions could take us.

They don't want our fans helping them out. Perhaps this is his way to stop us from coming by pissing us of there by appeasing his fans?

He's got to be seen to be looking after his own club.

On Saturday (radio scotland) he said he'd heard about us going to the Pars v St Mirren game to try and repay some of the money and he thought that was a marvellous gestureby the fans and one that would be appreciated.

That's what can happen when you fuck everyone over for selfish reasons. You can't say you weren't warned about where Whyte's actions could take us.

Okay Casey if we were all warned what could our fans do about it. The fans never sold the club to Whyte it was that scumbag Murray that sold it to him.

Some might not like this, but if we drop into the Third Division our crowds will drop. We would maybe get around 25,000 at home games. The SPL is where we belong and the people who have got us in to this mess should be strung up.

Wouldn't expect it anywhere near that, we barely managed that for a CL qualifier.

I don't blame them for any stance they take. The rules say 3rd div if liquidated, I want favours from no-one.

The rules do not state 3rd division if liquidated. It states that if liquidated, any new member would need to apply to SPL board for re-entry. I can understand Yorkston's point of view, has to look after his own club but can't see how Yorkston should be allowed to vote on this if us being denied entry meant his club avoids relegation, bit of a conflict of interest no?

To be fair, I think I would be in favour of the 3rd division option if the alternative is being in the SPL with no chance of winning the league for 3 years due to penalties imposed and also no chance of european football due to UEFA rules regarding phoenix clubs.

Let's be honest, even with only 10-15,000 fans you would be working to a budget similar to Hearts or Aberdeen but competing against Alloa, Cowdenbeath, Ross Co etc. Build a young team with an eye on them being ready for SPL football in 3 years, add in few solid pros to ensure promotion. A profitable club and saving money for our return to the SPL.

The rules do not state 3rd division if liquidated. It states that if liquidated, any new member would need to apply to SPL board for re-entry. I can understand Yorkston's point of view, has to look after his own club but can't see how Yorkston should be allowed to vote on this if us being denied entry meant his club avoids relegation, bit of a conflict of interest no?

No conflict of interest whatsoever. He would have to vote for whatever was in his own club's best interests. You couldn't expect anything else.