Alex Thomson Mocks the Rangers Disaster

North Rd

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9m alex thomson ‏@alextomo

I apologise. I was not aware. I have deleted that post.

Chris Graham ‏@ChrisGraham76

@alextomo You were aware. You've stood beside statue. You pander to bigots every day, why not leave the tweet as a testament to your idiocy?

7m Jonny Graham ‏@jonny2107

@alextomo yes you where i read tweets a number of months ago when u refered to it as a statue & you where corrected to which you aknowledged

Fucking out of order :wanker:

The guys an absolute cunt of the highest order of cuntiness, I'd pay the syrian army money for the ammunition if it was getting aimed in that pricks direction when he's over there reporting on proper news as opposed to mocking the statue outside our ground thats there in the memory of the people that went to watch a football game and never returned.

9m alex thomson ‏@alextomo

I apologise. I was not aware. I have deleted that post.

Chris Graham ‏@ChrisGraham76

@alextomo You were aware. You've stood beside statue. You pander to bigots every day, why not leave the tweet as a testament to your idiocy?

Chris Graham is a top bloke, we need someone like him as PR chief

The problem with tweeting this idiot is that it gives him the oxygen of publicity that he thrives on - much better to just email his bosses iwth our disgust! BUT dont tweet the fker

At the same time though, it is forcing him into a sniveling apology which is fun to watch.

i draw your attention to a blog he posted in.......

RUL, on 25 March 2012 - 05:48 PM, said:How'd he even get a ticket

£30 from a bloke by the statue outside, h** on his twitter got all high and mighty cause he called it a statue

IRA's Athletic wing ‏ @IRA_FC

@alextomo Thats the memorial to the dead that died at Ibrox you Imbecile

alex thomson ‏ @alextomo Close

@IRA_FC indeed. It is also a statue you clever person

02078333000 Channel 4 to complain... they know about it and give a glib reply.....but he has apologised.......my reply to that , was well if he has apologised he knew full well what he was saying, after all is he not this award winning investigative journalist, or does he just put things out in the public domain without any research.....so call them and piss them off.

here is a piece from HIS Blog:

Rangers on the rack but theyll be back.Thursday 8 March 2012 3:40 pm Alex Thomson Theres a sale on at Ibrox. In the Rangers Megastore they took the shirts down a while ago, then slashed the price again. You can get all manner of bargains. 75 per cent off.

And you can buy Ibrox too.

Trouble is, whilst the shirts will give good value I dont doubt, and will wash up well for years the football club … dear oh dear.

SPL Champions this year and for more the fifty other years now staring into the void of liquidation.

Perhaps in search of those bargains, the Megastore was strangely busy today.

Two sounds acceptable Rangers football songs though not the Fenian Blood bigotry of course coming from the PA. And from fans another refrain:

Aye well be back.

Rangersll never die.

Theyll always be a Rangers.

Its a mixture of optimism and the universal fans view that success is just round the corner.

Equally, astonishment at the current predicament which with liquidation inevitable in the words of one director is without precedent in the SPL, nor, for a club of this size, in British football.

The mismanagement has been incredible and not just the last year but for years now at this club, says one fan heading to check-out, laden with Gers merchandise.

Another, a woman: I cant say on camera what I think of the clubs owners. Im angry. Im so angry.

Few know Glasgow and Scottish football like Graham Spiers, now a freelance writer: Ive been amazed at the glee not just from Celtic fans but fans across the country. Its like its the end of some rogue regime and people just want to dance on its grave. Its astonishing.

Though he says those Rangers fans at Ibrox today have a point:

Rangers football club will survive in some shape or form. It will be here in years to come. But it wont be anything like the current set up.

But he said the effect culturally would be profound. A huge re-adjustment ahead for the 1.3 miilion fans in Scotland alone. This is not to be under-estimated in any way.

So, safe in the knowledge that this is Glasgow its not Kabul, Mogadishu or Tripoli or other places of serious organised violence with intent, I started asking fans if theyd support Celtic if Rangers did go down.

Fortunately most sensed I was a touch ironic:

Id rather slash my own wrists, said one.

I Iike that pal very funny, said another. Not laughing.

A group of lads looked more troubled than angry at the idea before issuing a joint declaration along the lines of:

Eh? No chance pal. Its nae gonnae happen. Yous putin this on TV?

Maybe.

I sense Grahams right. There will be a Rangers, another Rangers. This place, this cultures known real disaster.

Outside one corner of Ibrox a monument stands to the 66 who were crushed to death on a cold, foggy January night in 1971. Today an empty area, concrete bollards and a small street mark the area where Stairway 13 once stood and those supporters died in the crush.http://blogs.channel4.com/alex-thomsons-view/rangers-rack/818